Even with Jennings and Hartline, our O won't be good without TE | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Even with Jennings and Hartline, our O won't be good without TE

MiamiNative0722

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I had this discussion with a friend today.

Reality is Jennings isn't a true number 1. He's like a 1.5. Hartline isn't a stud number 2 either. Perhaps 2.5

It appears Finley is staying in GB, Cook in Tennessee. All the Tight ends in the draft can't block and we probably won't spend a pick on one.

I believe we'll end up bringing Fasano and Reggie back, and with those weapons, the offense will be better but it still won't be very good.

Agree or Disagree?

imo, TE should be a priority. I would get a free agent AND use a high draft pick

Have you seen reports saying Cook will stay in Tenn or about Finley? Was looking at a list of FA's and Finley isn't one. The only way we get him is by trade. Anyway, IMO we need to sign a FA like Keller or Cook AND draft one early along with keeping Clay. We need to let Fasano walk and keep Egnew one more year to see if he develops and you know Philbin likes more than 3 TE's anyway.

We don't need any WR's or TE's....we don't need any playmakers at all......Ireland needs to draft oline with our top 5 picks and then draft a WR in the 7th round.

Ozzy rules!!

Reality is Jennings isn't a true number 1. He's like a 1.5. Hartline isn't a stud number 2 either. Perhaps 2.5

It appears Finley is staying in GB, Cook in Tennessee. All the Tight ends in the draft can't block and we probably won't spend a pick on one.

I believe we'll end up bringing Fasano and Reggie back, and with those weapons, the offense will be better but it still won't be very good.

Agree or Disagree?

You state that Cook is staying in Tennessee...link?

Agree or Disagree?

It is no secret that I'm a Fasano homer, he needs to be re-signed but we still need a speed TE like a Cook or Finely on the roster to help in the passing game. You line a guy like Cook or Finely up on the field in a 2 TE set with a guy like Fasano and amount of plays you can run out of that package increases exponentially.

Everyone here is aware we need two tight ends (one from draft, one from free agency) and a receiver, and we probably need Matthews to develop into a starter. This will be his offseason to make a jump like Reshad Jones did.

The only concern is Ireland aware that these are our needs, or will he attempt to outsmart everyone and draft players that we don't need, like another DT.

Have you seen reports saying Cook will stay in Tenn or about Finley? Was looking at a list of FA's and Finley isn't one. The only way we get him is by trade. Anyway, IMO we need to sign a FA like Keller or Cook AND draft one early along with keeping Clay. We need to let Fasano walk and keep Egnew one more year to see if he develops and you know Philbin likes more than 3 TE's anyway.

Saw a report on rotoworld about the Packers GM praising finley suggesting he isnt going anywhere. Have not seen anything on cook. I disagree with the original poster though about Jennings not being a number 1 WR. If he plays 16 games he is IMO. he went for almost 1200 yards 3 years in a row. These are #1 WR stats. He just needs to stay healthy. Also can you imagine what his stats would be here in Miami with not as many weapons to throw to as the packers have.

RECEIVING STATS
SEASONTEAMGPRECTGTSYDSAVGLNGTDFDFUMLST

. He just needs to stay healthy. Also can you imagine what his stats would be here in Miami with not as many weapons to throw to as the packers have.
[TD="colspan: 10"][/TD]
The flip side is with all the talent surrounding him in Green Bay he didn't see much in the way of double teams
while if he was in Miami he'd see much more double teams

Personally I would try to resign Fasano, try to get one of the premier WR in FA, and draft Eifert. That kid is going to be special, especially around the redzone. I would hope Miami could trade down, and then get Eifert, but if they were to get him at #12, I would not be upset. In time Tannehill will be the happiest Dolphins player on the team, on Miami taking a shot on a TE so early.

Martellus Bennett is also a FA. He had a good year for the Giants.

And Fred Davis too but he's coming off an achilles injury.

It has been mentioned before that in a WCO we don't need a proto-typical #1 receiver (size, strength, vertical, etc). What we need are smart receivers who can run clean routes, make catches in traffic, especially in the redzone...so Jennings fits the mold well and would certainly be OUR #1 receiver, and a fine one at that.

Back
Top Bottom