Every Pass Thrown At B. Gibson 2012. Looks Good! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Every Pass Thrown At B. Gibson 2012. Looks Good!

AccordOn13z

2014 "I Win" Champion.
Reaction score
I was looking around the Ram's forum just to check their thoughts on Gibson and his skills. I found this video they put together which highlights every pass thrown in his direction and I got to admit he seems like a solid receiver. Judge for yourselves.

Pros:
-Good Routes
-Above Average Hands
-Quick Feet
-Great Comeback Route
-Makes The Tough Catches

Cons:
-Lapse in Concentration
-Drops Easy Passes

[video=youtube;9AvwKIJMHH8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9AvwKIJMHH8[/video]

I've only seen very little of him, so I can't say much. But this is coming from our resident guru CK on twitter just minuets ago regarding Gibson....

@ckparrot: Watched 4 games of Brandon Gibson's 2012 coaches tape. Conclusion: Can see why the Dolphins are interested, but ultimately a waste of time.

@ckparrot: The reason the Dolphins are interested is because Brandon Gibson's strongest routes include comebacks, stops and back shoulder fades.

@ckparrot: But ultimately Gibson is very poor after the catch, a very poor athlete, has questionable intelligence and awareness on the field.

@ckparrot: I'm not as concerned w/ the money the Dolphins would give Brandon Gibson as I am the potential for it to affect their Draft strategy.

Why would we sign hartline over him? So stupid.

I keep asking myself that same question. They look like carbon copies of each other. Run good: comebacks and quick slants. Not to mention, they hit the ground the moment they touch the ball. I guess two Hartlines are better than one. One has to be open.

The highlights are nice but the coaches tape is far more revealing, especially when you watch every route instead of just the ones where he's thrown the ball. If you watch him on coaches tape you see that what he gets is usually given to him a lot more than taken...with a few very notable exceptions, which is the reason he's not quite a Legedu Naanee. Naanee was the most puzzling ever because there weren't hardly even any exceptions to that.

One consistent difference between Brandon Gibson and Brian Hartline/Domenik Hixon is the ability to finish the catch. In this regard, Gibson flashes ability but not consistency. He's an "almost" guy. He almost gets both feet in bounds. He almost finishes the catch. Whereas Hartline and Hixon are more consistent in their ability to work the sidelines and finish the catch.

None of the three are any good after the catch though.

The one thing I see is that a lot of the time he's working against the top corner of the other team and often wins (in that video, at least). he put a nice move on cromartie. he also torched us when we played the rams.

edit: if i was any team interested in s. smith, after watching that video, id steer clear. he got beat like drum.

Best part of the clip. Sean "$8M man" Smith getting juked out of his shoes.

You're going to have to define that word you're using, "torching".

More often than not he is simply collecting on what the defense is handing to him. For example watch his two catches against Richard Sherman in the Seahawks portion of the video and tell me what he did to earn that separation, or whether it was something Richard Sherman just gave him with inconsistent technique in off coverage. Then watch the final play of the Seahawks portion and see if that suggests to you that Sherman seemed inclined to give anything to Gibson anymore. What you're not seeing there are all the plays where Gibson was not thrown the ball because he was erased.

The highlights are nice but the coaches tape is far more revealing, especially when you watch every route instead of just the ones where he's thrown the ball. If you watch him on coaches tape you see that what he gets is usually given to him a lot more than taken...with a few very notable exceptions, which is the reason he's not quite a Legedu Naanee. Naanee was the most puzzling ever because there weren't hardly even any exceptions to that.

Sounds like Hartline's scouting report. All of his catches are given to him as well.

Sounds like Hartline's scouting report. All of his catches are given to him as well.

I disagree with that.

Hartline has his problems and I didn't like the idea of paying him over $6 million a year on a long term deal. But he runs nice routes and creates separation.

You're going to have to define that word you're using, "torching".

More often than not he is simply collecting on what the defense is handing to him. For example watch his two catches against Richard Sherman in the Seahawks portion of the video and tell me what he did to earn that separation, or whether it was something Richard Sherman just gave him with inconsistent technique in off coverage. Then watch the final play of the Seahawks portion and see if that suggests to you that Sherman seemed inclined to give anything to Gibson anymore. What you're not seeing there are all the plays where Gibson was not thrown the ball because he was erased.

7 receptions and 91 yrds. Ok, so not stellar (torching) but he was overthrown on a open TD pass that Sam sailed too high. I remember we could not cover him, I kept thinking "who the hell is this Gibson dude?".

Sherman gave him the space he had commanded but later had no choice but to play him close. Sherman just happened to get the better end of that play. Again, I'm not a RAMS fan or have access to the coach film but the one knock I can see is the fact that, like Hartline, he goes down right after the catch. that drives me insane!

I disagree with that.

Hartline has his problems and I didn't like the idea of paying him over $6 million a year on a long term deal. But he runs nice routes and creates separation.

I second that. Hartline earns his space every time. Sometimes even catching it with the defender all over him. His problem is what he does after the catch. He's also a threat with field in front of him but reduce his space to the red zone and he disappears.

I really don't get it? I really don't understand what the FO is seeing and/or thinking! Whats the play here?

Back
Top Bottom