Everyone assumes QB, not Barkley? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everyone assumes QB, not Barkley?

RedWhiteNBlue

Active Roster
Reaction score
Getting a little tired of the QB speculation and us moving up for one. The only pure generational stud in this draft is Barkley and I would much rather grab him then any of these quarterbacks. Other then injury concernes with Thill he's is better then anything right now and probably through 2019 then what is in the draft. Besides that why not just go after someone like Bridgewater cheap or for a later draft pick? Get Barkley at RB, get Gesicki at TE and get a lineman. Personally I feel Sam Young is fine at RT, bye bye James due 9 million. Trade him for anything or totally rework his contract. Like to see a Dcoord that doesn't suck also. I don't blame the personal on D looks like coaching to me. For God's sake don't cut Sue we would be a laughing stock in the run game.

I love Bark.

It’d take a LOT of capital to move up and grab him, which we really don’t have. I don’t envision Saquon lasting past the first 1-4 picks. That would be amazing if he did.

Also, I’m all aboard the Gesicki express. If there’s one player in this draft that would have me jumping up for joy (also based on need) in a Dolphins uniform, it’s him.

Dude, We would need #1 pick for him. Giants will take him #2 but Cleveland can possibly get him#1. To move up 11 to 1 would cost us . #11 this year , 2nd round this year, Then our #1 next year and 3rd rounder next year. Not going to happen.

I think the term "Generational" is thrown around way too loosely nowadays. You can't have a generational talent each and every year, yet here we are doing just that. Elliot was generational, gurley was generational, fournette was generational.

Best RB in this year's draft? Undoubtedly. Generational? No.

He is a RB, you dont build a team around your RB in today's NFL. You build one around a QB.

I think the term "Generational" is thrown around way too loosely nowadays. You can't have a generational talent each and every year, yet here we are doing just that. Elliot was generational, gurley was generational, fournette was generational.

Best RB in this year's draft? Undoubtedly. Generational? No.

He is a RB, you dont build a team around your RB in today's NFL. You build one around a QB.

I think as a prospect, you can definitely consider him generational. He put up the numbers in college and his combine was freakishly good, like top 3 all time for a RB. He literally blew me away at his size and what he was able to do.

You certainly don’t value him over a QB if you do not have one already . . . But there have been recent instances where a RB has had a major impact on a team’s success, even moreso than the QB.

I think as a prospect, you can definitely consider him generational. He put up the numbers in college and his combine was freakishly good, like top 3 all time for a RB. He literally blew me away at his size and what he was able to do.

You certainly don’t value him over a QB if you do not have one already . . . But there have been recent instances where a RB has had a major impact on a team’s success, even moreso than the QB.

And you could be right. Maybe this dude is the Next Eric Dickerson or Barry Sanders. Maybe he could be THAT guy. I'm usually a big advocate of outside the box thinking, and even pride myself on being able to do that very well.

I just think that today's NFL doesnt value the RB the way it used to and taking one early like that is like taking Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers. (And I LOVED Ronnie Brown, but he wasnt the right move.)

Time will tell I guess.

If we somehow landed Barkley I wouldnt lose a whole lot of sleep, hell, I might even be excited. But I'm gonna be watching the other guys we passed on for damn sure and I'd probably be second guessing that pick for years, unless the guy was pure ****ing magic for us.

We have Thill and that is not a weekness, it's a strength. All I'm saying is Barkley would be a much better addition then any QB in this draft and we should try to get him.

We have Thill and that is not a weekness, it's a strength. All I'm saying is Barkley would be a much better addition then any QB in this draft and we should try to get him.

Running backs aren't the type of players you trade up significantly for. *flashback to the Ricky Williams draft fiasco*

He's great, but I'm not sure if he's the generational talent everyone is speculating. IMO I liked Gurley as a prospect more than I do Barkley, and Gurley was selected around pick 10. He was injured, and that obviously had something to do with it, but QB is one of the only scenarios to trade up.

I think that today's NFL mindset in regards to RB's has morphed into both a running and receiving threat, rather than >90% running and <10% receiving in years past. With a RB that can add to the passing game, it frees up a whole lot of the playbook to make defenses play the Dolphins more honest than they do now. Barkley is a stud, no denying that, but I would be a little skittish about trading up for him and giving up other opportunities to fill out the roster.

I'd trade up whatever it takes to get Barkley. If you're double downing on Ryan Tannehill, surround him with a game changer on offense that'll make his life easier. Tired of drafting 1st rounders who don't have immediate impacts on the field. Barkley is a remarkable talent.

The Dolphins have been poor on offense for the greater portion of this decade. Enough.

Gase and the FO apparently like Guice quite a bit.
I actually think he has better vision than Barkley.
If they don’t go QB, wouldn’t surprise me to see them draft Guice

The Barkley train get on it.
Brown's signed Hyde and have Duke already. The will grab Chubb and a QB at 1 and 4.
Giants still a threat. OL. They could suprise and go qb They saw whats behind Manning.
Colts OL or edge rusher
Denver QB
Jets QB
Tampa DB Fitz 100% if he's there. DB Secondaries a disaster.
Chicago LB or OL in that order, huge on Edmunds
San Fran Derwin James, DB, LB, now OL.
Raiders picked up Doug Martin because Gruden loves him and they have Lynch.
Dolphins Barkley then I start my Gesicki drum beat.

Back
Top Bottom