Everyone hating on Gase | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everyone hating on Gase

I just wonder if our defense will ever be able to cover and defend passes to a TE. We have a lot of work to do in a lot of areas, but that's one matchup problem we have had for years that I would like to see improvement on.

So just how much talent is needed to get the ball handed off to you, and run straight up the middle where there is a human pile and 4-5 Raiders waiting for you. How much talent is needed to run right through there? And what talent's are they?

When the play is originally called, the coach doesn't know if the defense is going to stack the box. Run plays are always called before you see a stacked box and then if a QB notices this they will audible. I think if Tannehill is in there we may see an audible there and a quick pass but Jay didn't do that. To me thats more on Jay not reading the defense then Gase calling a run.

Apparently more than we have, but seriously:
Our starting QB is hurt and wasn't that good to begin with.
Our Oline is dreadful (although they played better last night)
WRs seem to not be able to get separation
Two backup RBs that wouldn't start for most teams
Was the play calling the best......no (read some of my other post) but to say we lost the game solely because of it is false.
Yes, play calling was not the absolute problem. Blame is shared everywhere last night.

When the play is originally called, the coach doesn't know if the defense is going to stack the box. Run plays are always called before you see a stacked box and then if a QB notices this they will audible. I think if Tannehill is in there we may see an audible there and a quick pass but Jay didn't do that. To me thats more on Jay not reading the defense then Gase calling a run.
First and second down? When we got backed up with a penalty and we are down in the 4th qtr. It's not just me, others posting during the game last night were actually calling that Gase would call 2 run plays in that situation instead of throwing to talented receivers against an injured Oakland secondary.Are you kidding me?
The guru's best call on 1st and 2nd down was to run up the gut?

First and second down? When we got backed up with a penalty and we are down in the 4th qtr. It's not just me, others posting during the game last night were actually calling that Gase would call 2 run plays in that situation instead of throwing to talented receivers against an injured Oakland secondary.Are you kidding me?
The one that had me wanting to kill was the 2nd and 25 and he calls a running play...........

oh believe me i dont think all the plays called are great. I hate the 1st and 20 run and 2nd and 20 runs just as much as you do and he needs to change that up. Those runs aren't what lost us the game though, the penalties that put us in those situations while simultaneously taking away big plays is what caused the loss. He's not perfect, but every coach calls bad plays. Again i hate the first and 20 runs and I don't know why he does that but maybe if Tannehill is in there he's more aggressive? I don't know

The playcalling was not the problem last night. Offense consistently moved the ball all game. Offense put players in positions to make plays and keep the sticks moving. The problem was the execution. Far too many penalties in crucial situations.

Ya maybe giving a Head Coach (with a winning record!!) more than one and half seasons would be smart lol I'd give him 3-4 years. How is Gase supposed to stop the Refs from calling back every big play he called? Was it his fault our starting Qb got hurt? Was he supposed to make sure Cody Parkey made that extra point or that Drake didn't fumble? Maybe if we had Tannehill, I'd have these discussions but there's not another fan base who would want their young winning head coach fired after going 14-10 and 8 of those games with backup QBs. I'll be the first to say I let blind optimism make my judgement on how this season turns out. I was wrong. We NEED Ryan Tannehill. Could you imagine him vs that raiders D? Gase has earned the right to at least have a chance at making this team the way he sees it. The Ajayi trade didn't look so stupid after last night. Drake averaged 7.7 ypc. Time will tell but Gase is a smart guy. Give him Tannehill and then make judgements.

LIke Belichick was in Cleveland, Gase is a work in progress (actually with more success than BB up til this point).

Had the visceral kneejerkers been in the "dawg pound," I suspect they'd be the ones holding torches chasing Belichick out of town!

Yeah, Gase can certainly do a bunch of things better, but he's demonstrated more than enough to be hopeful for the future. Being a 1st time HC is a tough job with a steep learning curve which he's still mounting. However he's shown the intelligence, insight and discipline to master the curve and IMO is a much more desirable option than a recycled retread of a HC on the downward spiral. First time HCs are hit and miss: right now it looks like Sean McVay is a hit and McAdoo is a miss. It can be a crap shoot but Gase has shown he can win, can bring out the best in a QB and has the smarts to retain/promote Burke and not miss a step - maybe even gain one with the departure of Joseph. Those are plusses!

Because of my confidence that already-successful Adam Gase can grow into an outstanding HC, I look at it this way: why should we put in the time and suffer the growing pains only to have another team hire him and benefit from his Fins learning curve??

... you know, something like New England benefiting from the dues Belichick paid in Cleveland (and Cleveland paid in developing BB)!

LIke Belichick was in Cleveland, Gase is a work in progress (actually with more success than BB up til this point).

Had the visceral kneejerkers been in the "dawg pound," I suspect they'd be the ones holding torches chasing Belichick out of town!

Yeah, Gase can certainly do a bunch of things better, but he's demonstrated more than enough to be hopeful for the future. Being a 1st time HC is a tough job with a steep learning curve which he's still mounting. However he's shown the intelligence, insight and discipline to master the curve and IMO is a much more desirable option than a recycled retread of a HC on the downward spiral. First time HCs are hit and miss: right now it looks like Sean McVay is a hit and McAdoo is a miss. It can be a crap shoot but Gase has shown he can win, can bring out the best in a QB and has the smarts to retain/promote Burke and not miss a step - maybe even gain one with the departure of Joseph. Those are plusses!

Because of my confidence that already-successful Adam Gase can grow into an outstanding HC, I look at it this way: why should we put in the time and suffer the growing pains only to have another team hire him and benefit from his Fins learning curve??

... you know, something like New England benefiting from the dues Belichick paid in Cleveland (and Cleveland paid in developing BB)!

Well said brother!! If we got rid of him, there would be a slew of teams jumping all over it. I know we're all pissed but let's be honest. The season was over once Tannehill went down. Not many teams could recover from a top 12 passer going down for the season. Look at the Texans and Packers without their starters. I just don't see how that isn't a good enough reason for some fin fans. WE NEED TANNEHILL!!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom