Everyones Salary Cap Situation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everyones Salary Cap Situation

Chamber84

Scout Team
Reaction score
Below is the amount of money each team is under or over the $102 million salary cap as of March 10.
Under the salary capTeamCap status (under)Green Bay Packers $35 million Minnesota Vikings $30.9 million Arizona Cardinals $28.9 million Cleveland Browns $27.1 million Philadelphia Eagles $26.1 million San Diego Chargers $24.6 million Jacksonville Jaguars $23.4 million Dallas Cowboys $22.6 million St. Louis Rams $22.1 million New Orleans Saints $20.2 million San Francisco 49ers $20.2 million Detroit Lions $17.7 million Seattle Seahawks $17.3 million New England Patriots $16.9 million Cincinnati Bengals $16.6 million Chicago Bears $14.9 million Buffalo Bills $14.1 million New York Jets $14 million Houston Texans $12.7 million Atlanta Falcons $12.2 million Denver Broncos $10.9 million Baltimore Ravens $10.6 million Carolina Panthers $10.4 million New York Giants $9.9 million Kansas City Chiefs $7.3 million Miami Dolphins $6.3 million Tennessee Titans $6.2 million Pittsburgh Steelers $6.1 million Tampa Bay Buccaneers $5.1 million Oakland Raiders $653,000

Over the salary capTeamCap status (over)Indianapolis Colts $5.9 million Washington Redskins $4.9 million

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2349505

Chamber84 said:
Below is the amount of money each team is under or over the $102 million salary cap as of March 10.
Under the salary capTeamCap status (under)Green Bay Packers $35 million Minnesota Vikings $30.9 million Arizona Cardinals $28.9 million Cleveland Browns $27.1 million Philadelphia Eagles $26.1 million San Diego Chargers $24.6 million Jacksonville Jaguars $23.4 million Dallas Cowboys $22.6 million St. Louis Rams $22.1 million New Orleans Saints $20.2 million San Francisco 49ers $20.2 million Detroit Lions $17.7 million Seattle Seahawks $17.3 million New England Patriots $16.9 million Cincinnati Bengals $16.6 million Chicago Bears $14.9 million Buffalo Bills $14.1 million New York Jets $14 million Houston Texans $12.7 million Atlanta Falcons $12.2 million Denver Broncos $10.9 million Baltimore Ravens $10.6 million Carolina Panthers $10.4 million New York Giants $9.9 million Kansas City Chiefs $7.3 million Miami Dolphins $6.3 million Tennessee Titans $6.2 million Pittsburgh Steelers $6.1 million Tampa Bay Buccaneers $5.1 million Oakland Raiders $653,000

Over the salary capTeamCap status (over)Indianapolis Colts $5.9 million Washington Redskins $4.9 million

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2349505

just enought for miami to sign harrington the rookies and an inexpensive LB

jaxdolfan said:
Do you think we are planning on cutting a FA after June 1st?

Seau?
There isn't really a June 1st caliber player on our team. We may look at signing some when they get cut, like he did last year with Schulters.

Obviously Harrington will be a June 1st cut signing for us(actually, it is a June 15th cut for him).

For the vet min I would ask Seau to return as a backup.

Has anybody hear anything about Seau? The last thing I remember him saying was maybe it's time to retire.

Finz Fury said:
Has anybody hear anything about Seau? The last thing I remember him saying was maybe it's time to retire.
Last I heard is that he really wanted to play in 2006. Word was he might try and get back with the Chargers, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I think it would be great to get him back here cheap to provide some depth and leadership.

How does Philly always seem to stay so far under the cap despite having all those big contracts??

Under:
Green Bay Packers $35 million
Minnesota Vikings $30.9 million
Arizona Cardinals $28.9 million
Cleveland Browns $27.1 million
Philadelphia Eagles $26.1 million
San Diego Chargers $24.6 million
Jacksonville Jaguars $23.4 million
Dallas Cowboys $22.6 million
St. Louis Rams $22.1 million
New Orleans Saints $20.2 million
San Francisco 49ers $20.2 million
Detroit Lions $17.7 million
Seattle Seahawks $17.3 million
New England Patriots $16.9 million
Cincinnati Bengals $16.6 million
Chicago Bears $14.9 million
Buffalo Bills $14.1 million
New York Jets $14 million
Houston Texans $12.7 million
Atlanta Falcons $12.2 million
Denver Broncos $10.9 million
Baltimore Ravens $10.6 million
Carolina Panthers $10.4 million
New York Giants $9.9 million
Kansas City Chiefs $7.3 million
Miami Dolphins $6.3 million
Tennessee Titans $6.2 million
Pittsburgh Steelers $6.1 million
Tampa Bay Buccaneers $5.1 million
Oakland Raiders $653,000

Over:
Indianapolis Colts $5.9 million
Washington Redskins $4.9 million

There... a little more readable...

jaxdolfan said:
Do you think we are planning on cutting a FA after June 1st?

Seau?

We really dont have to wait.. In the new CBA you can cut two players a year at anytime and their SB will be split up over two years just like the June 1st cuts.

With that said there is really no one to cut. The only guys making big money and not performing up to it are: Jeno James,..and i cant think of anyone else.

I just want to point out that this salary cap status hasn't been updated since March 10th. Meaning, before Free Agency even started. A lot has changed since then.

Nublar7 said:
I just want to point out that this salary cap status hasn't been updated since March 10th. Meaning, before Free Agency even started. A lot has changed since then.

I was going to say, $6 million under didn't seem right. Do you know how much we really have? Harrington shouldn't cost that much right? I thikn we are just about done with adding new personel.

I expect to see Harrington and an OLB added and that should be our 2006 Miami Dolphins.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I was going to say, $6 million under didn't seem right. Do you know how much we really have? Harrington shouldn't cost that much right? I thikn we are just about done with adding new personel.

I expect to see Harrington and an OLB added and that should be our 2006 Miami Dolphins.
$4.3 million.

HysterikiLL said:
How does Philly always seem to stay so far under the cap despite having all those big contracts??

What big contracts? Besides McNabb, they really dont have any large contracts.

Another thing Philly does I believe is they get salary cap "credit" every year. They use up all their salary cap space in the current year with bonuses that are counted against the cap. When players dont reach those bonuses, they receive a cap credit the following year. Therefore every year they have 20+ million in cap space and the ability to sign the highest priced free agents, but they dont.

Philadelphia is one of the best FO's in the NFL. They pride themselves by adding players through the draft and resigning successful draftees. I remember reading that they have one of the highest percentages of resigning draftees. Basically their players rarely ever become UDFAs. Also, they dont overpay for players and Andy Reid puts a price on each position and he never seems to go above it. Its been working for the past 5 years IMO.

As you can tell, I am also an eagles fan.

http://www.geocities.com/eaglescap/

There is their team's cap page. Its updated often and is VERY accurate. Scroll down, notice that almost 7million ADDED to their cap in the form of "LTBE credits"?

Also, when they have cap room, they use it. They dont prorate signing bonuses if they dont have to. Example: This year they just signed Darren Howard, instead of prorating his signing bonus of 6 million, they just gave it to him and took the 6 mil cap hit this year. That saves in the future whatever million each year it would be prorated. Also, they only have 2 million in dead cap. Because they usually resign their rookies and dont give out ridiculous UDFA contracts, they rarely have to take on dead cap. Dead cap IMO is a salary cap killer. We on the other hand are carrying almost 9 million in dead cap alone.

Back
Top Bottom