Ewing, Olajuwon, Riley among seven elected to Hall of Fame | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ewing, Olajuwon, Riley among seven elected to Hall of Fame

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Coach Pat Riley, players Hakeem Olajuwon and Patrick Ewing, plus four others have been elected to basketball's Hall of Fame.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Also among the class of 2008 to be inducted in September are player Adrian Dantley, coach Cathy Rush, NBA team owner Bill Davidson, and broadcaster Dick Vitale. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] "It's unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable," said Riley, the Miami Heat coach who won four NBA titles with the Los Angeles Lakers, then grabbed another two years ago with Miami. He also has one championship as an assistant and another as a player.[/FONT]

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/10765762/cbsnews

With vitale make the HOF that really brings down the quality of this years class, I mean lets say stupid crap for 28 years do a little bit of charity for jimmy v and make the hall of fame. c'mon these hof's need to quit lowering there standands and just letting anyone in.

what ever happen to having to be GREAT at the game or as a contributor.

They are really watering down the Basketball Hall of Fame....they'll let just about anyone in. It's not like baseball or football where you really have to earn your way.

watering down maybe with Dic Vitale but the other 3 are worthy of being hall of famers.

he was a very mediocre coach

He's an annoying self promoting idiot. An ACC homer. I know he had health problems and i'm glad he's recovering well, but that doesn't merit him getting into the hall of fame just because he has a few catchphrases.

I don't even think Vitale has ever made a basket in his life. Plus, he's mad annoying.

True...funny to see his goofy *** in tears when he got inducted.Waste of space in the hall....:rolleyes:

All he ever did was yell Yeaaaaaaaaa Baby!Stupid nut.:lol:

Basketball would be fine without him.

i think its a great class...i probably will end up going to the induction this being thats its less than 40 minutes from my house

With vitale make the HOF that really brings down the quality of this years class, I mean lets say stupid crap for 28 years do a little bit of charity for jimmy v and make the hall of fame. c'mon these hof's need to quit lowering there standands and just letting anyone in.

what ever happen to having to be GREAT at the game or as a contributor.

He is a contributor and he deserves election. Whether you like him or not(I used to like him more about a decade ago) he has brought alot of attention to the game of College Basketball and he deserves induction.

Back
Top Bottom