Ex UM Players | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ex UM Players

funkphenomenon2

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Those of us that are true Miami fans have a lot to be proud of. We are pretty blessed to have two awesome football teams down here.... the Miami Dolphins and the Miami Hurricanes. We know about our beloved Fins. UM's program has been a powerhouse in terms of NFL talent. No other program in the country produces more.

Which brings me to my next question/point. The first two games this season have been against the Texans and the Jets, of course.
Now... both those teams have UM alumni on their teams. What is it w/ the Ex Canes bringin it to the Fins? The first game of the season, Andre Johnson had a very good game against us and this week, Santana Moss did also.

It seems to me to be a little bit more than coincidence, that fact. Do you think its just the way things unfolded or do you think the Canes around the league 'bring it' just a little extra b/c their playin Miami, the place where they used to dominate back in college. It just seemed pretty interesting to me and made sense either way, whether they did (to impress family & friends/more emotional for them for w/e reason, etc etc) or they didn't (they're just great athletes & just happened to have really good games against us). What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by funkphenomenon2
Those of us that are true Miami fans have a lot to be proud of. We are pretty blessed to have two awesome football teams down here.... the Miami Dolphins and the Miami Hurricanes. We know about our beloved Fins. UM's program has been a powerhouse in terms of NFL talent. No other program in the country

ere they used to dominate back in college. It just seemed pretty interesting to me and made sense either way, whether they did (to impress family & friends/more emotional for them for w/e reason, etc etc) or they didn't (they're just sensational athletes & just happened to have really good games against us). What do you guys think?

Actually, the inofficial name of the Miami Hurricanes is: Collegiate NFL Practice Squad.

:tongue:

Picture yourself in their position. They know everyone they once played before at U of M -- all those friends and family and people who've followed their careers -- are likely to be watching when they play the Fins.

Wouldn't playing for pride before that crowd be a super-motivator?

The fact that they used to play in front of Miami crowds could have something to do with it, but UM also is simply blessed with great recruits, and talent that often excels in the pros.

Re: Re: Ex UM Players

Originally posted by FFiB

Actually, the inofficial name of the Miami Hurricanes is: Collegiate NFL Practice Squad.

:tongue:

inofficial?? wow

Back
Top Bottom