Excellent Adjustment by Philbin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Excellent Adjustment by Philbin

I never liked the "Thursday off" routine. I think the Eagles were forward thinking with Monday off and preparing for five days straight.

Give the players a day off after a game, come in Tuesday to debrief. Allow the coaches time to look at things without the players in the building and ready for the following week's opponent.

I bet we also see a team not come out of the gates sluggish like sometimes happened under Joe. I have always wondered if it was the practice sked that was being used.

3 Day weekends, SWEET! Who doesn't love those! I like the move also. Day after the game, to rest the bones and regroup on tues..

3 Day weekends, SWEET! Who doesn't love those! I like the move also. Day after the game, to rest the bones and regroup on tues..

3 day weekends? Uh...they work on Sunday's...when the game is played.

Philbin says Dolphins players will take Mondays off this year. Last year they had Thursdays off.

The NFL norm is to take Tuesdays off. The Eagles give players Mondays off -- Dolphins will follow that mold (perhaps Lazor endorsed it?)

I think we have different definitions of excellence. :) For me, I think it's better to come in on Monday when good and bad are fresh in player's minds, and they get to see tape and share it with team mates, as opposed to thinking or not thinking about it alone, especially on the bad. JMO

I think the scheduling of days off is overplayed. What does it matter what day you have off its how you prepare not what day you have off

I have always been critical of the Thursday off format, so I welcome the adjustment.

Not every Sunday. :)

And they'll play on a Monday which is a day off...what's your point. One Monday Night game, one Thursday Night game...either way there are no 3 day weekends. Saturday is a travel day, Sunday they play the game and Monday they'll get off. Seems more like a 6 day work week.

I have always been critical of the Thursday off format, so I welcome the adjustment.

The thing is both Philbin and Kelly use analyitics to determine the best day for the players to have off, I don't believe its just a gut feeling. And I guess in this instance he likes Kelly's analytics better (or maybe he simply just has more information and changed course on his own).

And they'll play on a Monday which is a day off...what's your point. One Monday Night game, one Thursday Night game...either way there are no 3 day weekends. Saturday is a travel day, Sunday they play the game and Monday they'll get off. Seems more like a 6 day work week.

Just playing with working every Sunday, as it seems like they do take a few off. See the last two games last year.

Monday is traditionally a weight lifting and film day - which makes the most sense because the game is still fresh, and you have time to heal your muscles before the next game. You lift on Monday, and have Tuesday off....that's what makes the most sense to me, a day off after lifting.

Back
Top Bottom