MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Enjoy the read...

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/news/cameron/cameron_column.asp

Loved this:

Q. You are planning to call plays on offense. Is there a concern that this will take away from game day decisions relevant to other aspects of the team?

A. This comes back to the team philosophy. We have a tremendous offensive staff and I will rely and utilize that staff to make my job easier the day of the game. But let's be truthful here. Game day is one of my strengths. It is something I take a lot of pride in. I really believe I can help make a difference that way. To have guys on the staff who have been offensive coordinators before, guys like Terry Robiskie, Terry Shea and Mike Mularkey, can be a great asset to me. There is all sorts of ways to go about game day management, but our system will allow me to do all the things I believe I can help make a difference doing.

sounds to me like we won't be doing any stupid moves come late April. :D I hope we don't trade spots with the Lions and draft Quinn:fire: We need to trade out of our #9 spot and gain more picks!!! Just my opinion...:D

Great read, thanks. This is my favorite Q and A....

Q. Are you a gambler by nature as far as taking a risk on a player with a big upside?

A. I would say absolutely. I am going to gamble on a guy's character. I'm going to gamble on his work ethic. It's easy in this business to get enamored with someone's physical ability because you can almost reach out and touch that. But what we're going to do is also get a guy who may not be as gifted physically, but he's smart and tough and football is important to him and those are the types of players who really have a chance to be successful. If we're going to gamble on a guy, we may give up something physically to get the type of player who can really be a significant part of this team.

==============================================

That tells me that Cameron is willing to take calculated risks. I think coaches who plays it too close to the vest, are unable to move forward as a result of being predictable. I like that Cameron has stated he's willing to take those risks that are sometimes needed...

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I like Cam. I'm willing to give him some slack to build this team because we've been mis-managed and mis-guided for a number of mis-years!

He seems like a class act --- and after Saban that's a huge breath of fresh air!

Last...

NE Sucks!

Great read! You can tell by how Cam chooses his words, that he is a very smart man. Seems like a really humble guy too from what I can tell. I bet it's night and day for the people that work closely with him, from the 'Satan' regime.

I like Cam. I'm willing to give him some slack to build this team because we've been mis-managed and mis-guided for a number of mis-years!

He seems like a class act --- and after Saban that's a huge breath of fresh air!

Last...

NE Sucks!

:goodpost:

Q. Everyone obviously wants to know about the ninth overall pick. How will that decision work in terms of you and Randy Mueller?

A. We will work in unison, but Randy will make the final call. You will see in this column from time to time that I will reference Marty Schottenheimer because I have so much respect for him. Well, Marty said in his entire time in Kansas City, where he and Carl Peterson worked hand in hand for so many years, that in all their drafts they only had one draft pick that they ever disagreed on. Marty confided in me that he was wrong on that pick. So when you've got someone like Randy Mueller who spends so much time evaluating the draft, it's got to be his call and that's the way it will be here
//

anyone care to venture who that was ??? Ive got a pretty good idea.

He's going to be disappointed quickly about that 'home field advantage'.
its people like you that make it bad.. you tlka as if we have 20,000 in the stands i know im going to be there every week making nosie lets be the loudest fans in the nfl this year

Q. Everyone obviously wants to know about the ninth overall pick. How will that decision work in terms of you and Randy Mueller?

A. We will work in unison, but Randy will make the final call. You will see in this column from time to time that I will reference Marty Schottenheimer because I have so much respect for him. Well, Marty said in his entire time in Kansas City, where he and Carl Peterson worked hand in hand for so many years, that in all their drafts they only had one draft pick that they ever disagreed on. Marty confided in me that he was wrong on that pick. So when you've got someone like Randy Mueller who spends so much time evaluating the draft, it's got to be his call and that's the way it will be here//

anyone care to venture who that was ??? Ive got a pretty good idea.
whats your idea

whats your idea
Not sure if you will recognize the name but Marty was all over Tomarick Vanover and drafted him VERY early....Swore up and down he would be a Probowl WR....never happened.. he was just an above average returner for a few years then out of the league.

Finally, there are only 32 men who can claim the title of head coach in the NFL How special is this for Cam Cameron?

A. It's very humbling. It's also a tremendous honor to be chosen by Wayne Huizenga to lead this organization. I will never take that honor for granted. It's something I'm extremely excited about but, at the same time, I realize I'm not in this thing alone. With all that being said, I guess humbled by this opportunity is the best way to put it.

This what the previous regime (not too mention his name) lacked. "CamRam" is proud to be the HC of our Phins. The previous regime seemed like he was entitled to me. Not a good leader quality, as we all heard from his staff when he left.

Back
Top Bottom