execution | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

execution

dwhorton

Scout Team
Reaction score
when the players start executing the season will turn around.its not playcalling,draft choices or whatever excuses we come up with. penalties,blown assignments[ pass coverage, blocking, wrong routes} dropped passes especially on 3rd down , fumbles, missed fgs.this is the problem. when these guy pull their heads from the rears we'll be better. tillman given up 4 tds alone this year because he wasn't where he was supposed to be,thats execution. two dropped 3rd down passes sunday that would have been 1st downs, sammy morris fumbles. 4 missed fgs this year and lord knows what i'm missing.

dwhorton said:
its not playcalling

sure it is. where did we get worse this offseason on offense? the o line? i disagree. since joey has started we've allowed what, 1 sack in 2 games? the sacks were on daunte. the run blocking is just as bad as it was last year. ricky just made them look better and also the spread offense opened up the running game a little as well. playcalling has everything to do with the offense struggling. its dink and dunk, no big play offense. it requires 12-14 plays to go 70 yards. we can't execute it that consistenty because though saban said it would be the same linehan offense this year, obviously it's not. how many times did linehan use tiger personnel (2te 2rb 1wr) last year? mularky loves that ****. get peele and barnes off the field and go with 3wr spread offense and watch the points go up on the board.

you gotta get open to throw the ball down the field. so then i guess its all playcalling , that were this bad?

dwhorton said:
you gotta get open to throw the ball down the field. so then i guess its all playcalling , that were this bad?

mularkey does not know how to run a vertical offense. his idea of big plays in the passing game are via trickery (flea flicker) and playaction (max protect). they are all or nothing hit or miss plays with only 1 deep route and they do not put pressure on the safeties with a secondary route intended to draw coverage. it's quite pathetic, actually.

well i'm not a m.m. fan but he's what we got and the execution still has to improve. my point is no matter whoes calling the plays you still can't have all the mistakes and win. once this team cleans it up some then maybe some positive will come from the playcalling.

thecoordinator said:
mularkey does not know how to run a vertical offense. his idea of big plays in the passing game are via trickery (flea flicker) and playaction (max protect). they are all or nothing hit or miss plays with only 1 deep route and they do not put pressure on the safeties with a secondary route intended to draw coverage. it's quite pathetic, actually.
what's sad is me and you know this but the so called experts at dolphin stadium can't get it

Back
Top Bottom