Expect a tough day Sat. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Expect a tough day Sat.

PhinsTD

Phins fanatic
Reaction score
Jay Fiedler will start Saturday and play at least a half.

A.J. Feeley will play with the second team and start next week against Washington.

Chris Chambers and Derrius Thompson are expected out.

Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain are expected out.

J.R. Tolver and Sam Simmons are projected starters because Kendall Newson turned an ankle at the end of Thursday's practice.

Will Poole and Reggie Howard are projected starters with Antuan Edwards at nickel back and Alfonso Roundtree at dime back.

Travis Minor and Sammy Morris should get about 6 carries each.

Terrence Wilkins is likely out.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/custom/blogs/Dolphins/

Most of our starters are out and just about every WR is out. Good luck Jay, if you look good with that team with you than you deserve to be the starter.

Good. I like the fact that we will play with considerable adversity. We need that. We need to temper ourselves against the adversity we'll face in the regular season.

Anyone know the status of Damian McIntosh. I heard his rehab is going very well and he could be ready by the end of August. Hope so...

Also, what's the weather going to be like? Aren't there a couple of hurricanse coming by?

I heard he could be ready to start PRACTICING the second week of the season.

I expect he'll be starting by week 5 or so. St. Clair is the perfect swing T IMO.

Makes you wonder why they didn't sign Freeman to a Veteran minimum. He would be getting a lot of work in our offense with all these receivers out and that would make up for him being a west coast offense guy. How much would a veteran minimum really hurt our Salary cap and who wants three 3 million plus WR's next year (Chambers,McCardell, Boston). It would make sense if Boston decides to quit (knee) but too much money in the cap for aging talent.(McCardell).

Our luck somebody snatches Freeman because of his workout and McCardell feels the pressure and stays with the Bucs. (I'm knocking on wood)

The coaches actually saw him play, if they still have reservations that's good enough for me.

Rick has made a lot of nice decisions so I'll defer to him on this one.

is there game going to be on tv? prob not..

Not in VA. Just in Florida (Central and South i think)

PhinsTD said:
The coaches actually saw him play, if they still have reservations that's good enough for me.

Rick has made a lot of nice decisions so I'll defer to him on this one.
He sure has but on the article on the front he's waiting to see if a faster receiver becomes available. How much faster than Freeman is McCardell. I haven't watched him play that much. Just heard he has good hands.

Since I'm in my computer chair and Rick is chillen in the Dolphins FO I guess I have to defer to him too, by default. Besides, Rick has been God compared to DW.

If there are so many starters out then its just as well that Jay starts so we can bash him after the game.:judge:

By the way why even bother to dress out if Minor and Morris are due to get only 6 carries each.?:smokin:

We are going to get a really good look at all the warm bodies that have been brought in whose names we can only just identify (You know.Didnt he retire 10 yrs ago,?Isnt he a rock star or a wrestler.?Where hid he come from?Isnt that the waterboy?):hmmm:

Can't we use both Freeman and McCardell?

Two veteran guys like that would make me feel a lot better. I mean Freeman with loss speed can play the third receiver. He's the perfect guy to find holes in the d.

As for McCardell, i anticipate us doing something this weekend. I bet you we're talking to MCCardell right now (with Tampa's permission of course) about a palatable two year deal say in the 3.5 million dollar range. Once he agrees, a fifth rounder could seal the deal.

We better not mess around either. You know how desperate Baltimore is for a receiver. We need to act on this and I suspect we are. That's probably why we're holding off on the Freeman signing. I don't believe the team wants both receivers. They want either or - McCCardell first, Freeman second.

miamirw, I agree with you. If they want McCardell I expect something to be done this weekend or early next week. If McCardell is not here, then Freeman will be suiting up next week vs Washington.

Back
Top Bottom