Explanation Please??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Explanation Please???

I wonder if they're taking a chance on the fact that in a few years that the NFL will be without a salary cap. They've been spending a lot of money as of late, but I really think they are banking on the NFL being without a cap.

I wonder if they're taking a chance on the fact that in a few years that the NFL will be without a salary cap. They've been spending a lot of money as of late, but I really think they are banking on the NFL being without a cap.
If that ends up the case then we will be perennial contenders. We have money bags attached to our legs.

Cap number is just a number a team can cook it. Its just a book keeping number.

colts were 230k over cap and yet signed clark and RG to huge deals...

I have a strong feeling that the Jets will fall short of their quest to make the playoffs this year, heads will roll, and they will find themselves in cap hell in another year or two. It's not as if this scenario has not played out before in the NFL since they instituted the salary cap, and coaches and GM's started feeling the heat.

According to this site, by releasing Pennington and taking on Favre's contract, the Jets are just under the cap and they will not have to make any other cuts or re-work any other contracts.

http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary.html

Back
Top Bottom