Extension given to Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Spegg, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Spegg

Spegg Section 429 Row 17

The Fins were given an extension till 5 pm tomorrw to sellout. This is pathetic. I'd love for the game to be blacked otu so all you people who won't buy tickets can't see it. That may seem harsh, but it's riduculous that this happens several times a year. And to blame it on the hurricane is BS. That thing didn't even hit us.

2. BSQX4

BSQX4 A True Fan

Spegg, that is a little harsh especially since most public transportation was shut down and not everybody has a car. All banks were closed and tickets cost money and not everybody uses ATMs plus they scare the hell out of you not to venture outside. I think the extention is totally justified and fair. To not grant the extention would have been hardcore and callous. You're right here in Sunrise, I'm surprised to see your lack of compassion towards Dolfans who had their schedules screwed up by the storm.

3. PhenomenalPhin

PhenomenalPhin GO FINS

Thanks for the update, I think it will get sold out before the deadline though.

4. strong13

strong13 Active Member

Ill be there.

5. Spegg

Spegg Section 429 Row 17

That's just BS. Typical excuses from Fins fans. And why the hell does everyone have to wait till 5 days before the game to get tickets? As I remember it, tickets went on sale a few months ago. The majority fans down here are pathetic and that's all there is to it. By the way do you have tickets? Or was it too scary to venture outside on Tuesday to buy them?

6. JackHammer

JackHammer Banned Hammered

Screw going the the game. I will watch in high definition on my 65 inch with no complaints. Forget sitting in front of some ******* on his cell phone talking about what he did last night. Forget the lines to and from the stadium. Forget the 100 degree weather. I will watch in air conditioning and like it. I will be able to concentrate on game without any interference.

7. DolphinsRkool99

DolphinsRkool99 Well-Known Member

I hope it sells out I dont have sunday ticket...:cry:

8. John Biello

John Biello Perennial All-Pro

how could anyone not want to be part of a live football game atmosphere. we have some of the cheapest tickets i have ever seen for an nfl football game. there is no excuse

9. JPFinFan25

JPFinFan25 Active Member

I have been a dolphins fan for over a decade but I have never been to a game, not because I'm to cheap to buy tickets but because I'm disabled and have no way to get to a game. I live near the Ft Myers area and I would go to every game if I could but it's just not possible. I am not lesser dolphins fan just because I have to stay home and watch the game. I might not be able to go to the stadium but I cheer as if I were there every Sunday.

10. Dolfan5000

Dolfan5000 Mark my words, I'll get mine

Man you think it's bad for you... I haven't seen a game since the HOF game and I was thinking since I live in Richmond since NC is closer than any of the other Fox broadcasts this weekend I would maybe see my beloved fins... but no... I have to watch the Jills and Falcons play... so lame.

11. PHINPHOURLIFE

PHINPHOURLIFE SUPERSTAR

well since i cant make the game live, I hope tampa gets, or else im stuck going
    to the bar :cpatch: :rocker: :drinkers:

12. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member

Because it's too hot!! Because I'm barely making ends meet. Because because..... :cry:

If you live within 75 miles, and have a job, you should go to at least one game a year. There's nothing like it live.

13. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 Banned Hammered

cheap or not, they're still expensive. and i like watching games on TV more than in person

14. Finaddict

Finaddict Well-Known Member

Did my part. Went out a bought four tickets. I don't care about the rest of south florida not going to the game unless they are not physically able.

15. canesfins13

canesfins13 FinHeaven VIP

I dont think it sells out by tomorrow. If it doesn't, then whether or not you have the ticket, if you live in south Florida you wont see the game. I have no porblem with the extension , but there are just too many tickets available. This will not be the last time this year this happens.

16. popularwar

popularwar Perennial All-Pro

I'm 17 years old and don't have a job, and I'm going. If I can find a way to come up with $37.00 for tickets (that's how cheap they are) then some of you older guys should have no problem with it.

17. McDuffie81

McDuffie81 I got a short fuse :(

Dont forget you dont have to pay a dime for rent/food/insurance/electricity or anything else for that matter....

18. Dolfan984

Dolfan984 A True Fan

I hope it blacks out. Might give some of our local fans a wakeup call.

19. PhenomenalPhin

PhenomenalPhin GO FINS

If i'm going to sit in the blazing hot sun for hours with thousands of other people i'm sure as hell going to get good seats, mine cost me $150 each :( .

20. PeterJNO

PeterJNO Banned Hammered

Amen brother, you won't see me at a Dolphin game.

21. Enforcerfin33

Enforcerfin33 Los Lonely Boys the Return....

Well hell ask your daddy to buy us all tickets and see how that flies!!:p4e:

22. McDuffie81

McDuffie81 I got a short fuse :(

:rolleyes:

23. Retnuhrace

Retnuhrace Seasoned Veteran

It usually sells out in these situations, because the TV station would buy the rest of the seats.

24. chamber blaze84

chamber blaze84 Super bowl champion

IM GOING TO THE GAME!

25. popularwar

popularwar Perennial All-Pro

That's a great point, but we're not talking a lot of money here. It's $40 with tax.

26. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

And if you happen to not attend a game that gets blacked out, but plan to or did attend at least one game otherwise, you think its fair a fan gets excluded from being able to watch his/her fave team on Sunday?

I try to go to 2 games a year.. Im going to the Carolina game.. But what if I wanted to attend another game instead, and this one gets blacked out.. Does that make me a bad fan, and thus I merit not getting to see the game?

27. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 Banned Hammered

yeah, for you. but what about a guy who wants to bring his family? that's 120 right there (for those crappy tickets) plus tax, and then you gotta feed them, and maybe the kids want a jersey or hat or something. and what if you want to sit in the good seats? and then there are the lines, the heat, the annoying people, the bad field vision, etc etc. i don't see what's so great about going to games at all. college games? that's differnet. there's an actual atmosphere there, something you don't experience at pro games

28. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf A True Fan

Damn...speak for yourself man. Nothing and I mean nothing compares to gameday at a Fins game for me.

29. John Biello

id sit on top of the light posts just to be at the game.

30. sbh1602

sbh1602 Playoffs? Playoffs?!

I can't belive what I'm reading.

I live in another country, yet I've still managed to make it to two games in the last three years. And I'm not exactly blooming with youth, either... And I love it! And I can't believe there actually are people who not only won't go to games, but PREFER not to go to games! Unbelievable...

I hope these guys are the minority... or everyone's right. Miami's fans are one of the worst in professional sports, let alone football...

31. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member

Your not getting the point. All you think I'm trying to say is people are these bad fans, and not diehard fans.

The point is to start building a full house. The Bronco's game was one of the highest watched TV games in the South Florida area. If there was no threat of a blackout being LIFTED, then some of them same hundreds of thousands watching would start going to a game or two like yourself. It would work itself out to never a threat to be blacked out!!! Some people have probably never attended a game in person, and I'm willing to bet they would love the atmosphere. Many of them, would start thinking season tickets!

Two years ago the team sold 60,000 season tickets. For the prior 6-7 years they had been slowly progressing in season ticket sales. They need to sell around 67,000 seats for games. But this is a task that is not easy to do, and by doing it my way, I'm betting that plenty of people who can go, and can afford to go, will start going!

Having around 67,000 tickets already sold for each game does many things. It reduces the number of opposing teams fans in Dolphins stadium. It reduces the possibilities of other teams fans buying 30 seat out of town packages all in one section. It makes me happy because the stadium would be full. AND it makes it almost a sure thing that those individuals, and families that are less fortunate, will never be threatened of a blackout again.

I'm not talking about a ten year plan here. It would take less than four home games for things to start turning around. I'm pretty confident because with Saban as Coach this team will once again become a good product to watch!

So I'm not trying to pick on you as a one or two game fan. I'm looking at a much larger picture here. That's why I could care less if people get stuck listening to games via the Radio for a while.

32. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member

See, its this type of person that I feel absolutely no pitty for when a game is blacked out. You made up excuse after excuse, then go as far as to stretch the truth to avoid going.

Make your kids mow lawns all week after school to raise the funds. Then on game day feed your kids at home, buy them some water and tell them to sit down, then get on thier shoulders and get a better vision of the field.

33. Maynard the Hammer

Maynard the Hammer you are the nail

time for a dome ozzy?

34. John Biello

i dont know how you could have a dome in miami...think about it in all seriousness. its to sunny, its to nice, its to hot. that just doesnt sit right with me. you wanna move thet seats closer to the field, possibly reduce the number of seats to increase home field advantage fine, but i wish more people felt like ozzy

35. Maynard the Hammer

i hear you, especially about the early season advantage. but as ozzy showed with the ratings, there is clearly interest; the interest however seems to be in an air-conditioned house.

i agree that there should be blackouts, but can the problem be solved? they couldnt even sellout 2 playoff games

stupid question: is there a possibility that this home field advantage can damage a teams psyche for the end of the season? so, at the end of the season, they feel that they have lost the edge at home they used to have?

think about it in reverse: say the pats had snow in the beginning of the season. it would be tough for teams to go play there early. by the end of the season, its in the 60's and teams are no longer intimidated by the climate

36. John Biello

good point, but we can have a home field advantage without the heat, look no farther than KC and the sea of red. someone has mentioned zach on dolphins insider counting on the fans this weekend. thats awesome. how does that not get you pumped, zach thomas is asking us to do our part to help our team win, with some of the cheapest prices around how can you not come out for that

37. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member

No Dome for me! That's when I'll consider never going again. I love South Florida, and the heat, and humidity that goes along with it. That's why I live here!! If the owner wants to build a 1/3 covered ceiling for some shade in the stands that might be OK with me, but in no way, shape, or form would I want the elements taken out of Dolphins Stadium, rain included.

38. Maynard the Hammer

i love your passion. i just think it may end up being the solution. a retractable would be nice. they could open it up for night games an when it starts to cool off down here

39. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member

Ahh but they did sell out those playoff games. And guess what? Those two games (Ravens, and Colts) were two games where the stands were nearly packed at gametime, and my goodness, they were two of the loudest games in the History of this stadium. The Colts game especially!! Why? Because the people showed that they indeed had interest, and that they indeed could find a way to move their funds around to be able to afford to go.

Those games were fun, but they lose one of the games, and barely competed offensively, and after winning the other game, they get totally blown out the next. That's one of the big changes I feel that Saban has brought to Miami. I think he is a good enough coach that this team will start making it much more interesting to see games live.

40. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member

Thanks! I speak loudly from my heart when it comes to this team. I've been a fan for a long long time! I'm not saying I'm a better fan than anyone, I just know me.

The Orange Bowl is hotter than Dolphins Stadium. The Aluminum seats attract heat. But back when this team was winning SB's in the early 70's they filled it, and the Orange Bowl held more people. No one was complaining about the heat back then. That place was a rockin, stompin, screamin, and hanky wavin good time!

A game under a roof with A/C and artificial turf turns my stomach. This is the Sunshine State so let the Sun shine in.........