extra dead Dead Zone and Direct TV tips | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

extra dead Dead Zone and Direct TV tips

LikeUntoGod

The Oracle
Reaction score
Here we are in the "dead zone" of football and it is extra dead.

With money being very very tight I had to make some hard decisions. (I make $672.00 a month on disablity)

Season tickets were first. Living in "far off" Gainesville Fl and doing total home care for my Mother it is very hard to go to game but I try at least two a season and I sell the rest. This worked till last season when my set of tickets for all 6 games I was selling did not sell. I can't afford to take that sort of lost.

(I will remember for a while that sweet young woman calling me from the Dolphins promising me HUGE changes with the Dolphins during off season while trying to talk me into buying my season tickets again)

Here comes the tip and this I why I posted this.

Next thing to go was Direct TV. Our local Cox cable is better and does not have the signal go out every time it rains. But Direct TV is the only company that carries the football package. We even also have some basic Cox cable so we can see what is going on when it rains.

Living in Gainesville Fl is right between Tampa and freaking Jacksonville. So this is the one part of Fl where yo get no Dolphin games. Even when they can show a Dolphin game the local NBC station will show a very old movie instead (freaking Jags!).

So Direct TV seemed to be the only answer. Not only do i like watching from home I like to DVR all games and watch them over and over.

Well, this year maybe no football and I need to cut money. Local Cox Cable had a great one year plan so I decided to switch. I called Direct TV and told them I was dropping everything, not listening to anything the guy had to say.

What was interesting came the next day.

A call from Direct TV.

I explained that one big reason i was dropping them was the fact that there might not be a football season. Sooooo, first I had to explain to her what i was talking about. She said she was a football fan but I guess not that big a one, lol.

So anyway, she gives me free Direct TV for almost for 4 months just to see what happens with the NFL. Depending on the NFL and my money situation, I might then take a super basic package and get the Sunday Ticket.

Watch out with DirectTV. Sometimes those 4 months of free use packages will come with two year contracts that cost a lot of money to break. Stay away from those ****ers if you can and just go to a local bar.

Or just watch it on line................:lol:

Yea, first thing I asked was is our contract up. That is another reason I always hated them.

I'm going to have to try to watch online when I can but it is always crappy.

I have a very nice TV and I love to watch replays and you can only tape it at home.

As for Sports Bars. I figured out a couple of years ago that I end up paying the same amount or more going to the bars. Plus, the view is crappy and you do not get a copy to watch later.

But remember the main thing, I do almost 24 hours a day home care for my Mother, I can't leave for 4 hours every Sunday.

Anyway, one thing I've always found out is cancel something and they will come back with a offer. I sold Cars for many years after the Army. I tell everyone, make your best deal, then get in your car and GO HOME. You will start getting phone calls with better offers.

Or just watch it on line................:lol:
I live in Tennessee and get to see about half of the games here a year, and like the original poster, I to am on disability but do draw a little more,about $100.00 a month more,but still I cant afford the NFL games packet.

With that said,is their really a site to go to where one can watch the Dolphins game online ? and if so,where ? I appreciate any info...Thanks

Let me give you a good tip,their is a cord,not sure what its called,my brother knew about it and got mine set up for me,but anyway the cord hooks up to your computer and you run it to your TV. You have to change inputs,but whatever you are seeing on your Compueter you see on your TV. Man its great,especially when checking out hot chick picks ! lol

Guys I dont know why it did it,but I had to edit my post above, I was trying to respond to the guy who watched on his puter and couldnt get it on his TV,but for some reason, it quoted a different person. My apologies,I have no idea how it happenned either, I had the right person quoted. Anyway the cord runs from your Puter to your TV and is great to have

Let me give you a good tip,their is a cord,not sure what its called,my brother knew about it and got mine set up for me,but anyway the cord hooks up to your computer and you run it to your TV. You have to change inputs,but whatever you are seeing on your Compueter you see on your TV. Man its great,especially when checking out hot chick picks ! lol
hdmi

I live in Tennessee and get to see about half of the games here a year, and like the original poster, I to am on disability but do draw a little more,about $100.00 a month more,but still I cant afford the NFL games packet.

With that said,is their really a site to go to where one can watch the Dolphins game online ? and if so,where ? I appreciate any info...Thanks

You're gonna have to go stream hunting and install a player to watch it on(some are streamed in flash and in WMP, though so it isnt necessary). Anyway a site like myp2p.eu is good and the programs arent hard to use. It is certainly less reliable and you wont always get a quality stream working flawlessly but you can usually get what you need. I used to do this alot initially but I just ended up buying nfl.com game pass instead

That is if your TV can do that, but who doesnt have a flatscreen now a days. If you dont have a HDMI connection in your computer you can buy a converter that you attach to the cable(usually a DVI rarely a VGA, if your comp is really old) and then you get the picture but not the sound. But that you can get from the computer still anyway. It's basically just hooking a second monitor to your computer.

Watch out with DirectTV. Sometimes those 4 months of free use packages will come with two year contracts that cost a lot of money to break. Stay away from those ****ers if you can and just go to a local bar.

I got rid of Directv 2 years ago. Worse service. I rather go to the bar and watch. There is a reason they have a F rating with the BBB

You're gonna have to go stream hunting and install a player to watch it on(some are streamed in flash and in WMP, though so it isnt necessary). Anyway a site like myp2p.eu is good and the programs arent hard to use. It is certainly less reliable and you wont always get a quality stream working flawlessly but you can usually get what you need. I used to do this alot initially but I just ended up buying nfl.com game pass instead
Thanks man,,appreciate it.

Wish I could afford the Direct tv nfl package,believe me. Thanks again

If you remember it when(if) gametime comes just write a message to me if you need help and ill help you out

I got the 3 HD receivers with DVR from DirectV. with the 2 year contract. The picture quality is not that much better unless you are watching a sporting event. My TV's are flat panel, just a couple of years old. Not worth the money. I will not be renewing it after the contract is up.

AHH..Gville and the lack of Fin games on Cox Cable (damn Jags and Bucs get all the play). I know your plight (UF alum, was there 2000-04). There are TONs of bars there that show the Fins games (Calico Jacks, RJ Gators, Beef O'Brady's, etc). I am sure one of those is closed down by now, but you get the point.

Back
Top Bottom