F the Michael Vick apologists! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

F the Michael Vick apologists!

I would love to see equivelant outrage if he was running a **** fighting ring.....but there wouldn't be.

He broke the law. He went to prison. He served his term.

There already have been players who have harmed or killed HUMAN BEINGS who have been welcomed back into the league....it would be completely BS for the NFL to bow to special interests groups by refusing to reinstate Vick.

But they did not make humans fight each other for the sake of betting and there own pleasure.

I would love to see equivelant outrage if he was running a **** fighting ring.....but there wouldn't be.

He broke the law. He went to prison. He served his term.

There already have been players who have harmed or killed HUMAN BEINGS who have been welcomed back into the league....it would be completely BS for the NFL to bow to special interests groups by refusing to reinstate Vick.

By the way, there has never been a case where a NFL player harmer or killed humans the way Vick did dogs.

There have been some wife beaters and I mentioned St. Louis Rams DE Leonard Little who killed a woman in a 2nd DUI offense but never a full scale murderer/torturer of humans in the NFL.

Unless OJ Simpson was still in his prime when he killed Nicole and Ron Goldman - as an example. Would you have be posting here supporting OJ Simpson's return to the NFL?

I wanna see what people would do if it was a ****fighting ring none of the people that want him dead would even care. What if chickens, pigs or any other animal was put into that situation would all you people that hate on him whine and want him to go to jail??? prolly not as humans we kill animals by the millions but beacuse it is just food it is ok but when it is a pet oh my god send him to jail for life.

He got 2 years which I think is to much anyways lost all his money and you still want more whoever whines about this are being just huge hipcrites. Why does one animal get bigger treatment then others if I have a pet chicken should I get so pissed off and demand everyone that eats chicken should go to jail??? no.

Also for the joey Porter im pretty sure he said that he and a bunch of other players have fought dogs in the past and he considers it a betting sport.

So you're saying two wrongs make a right?

Because Paul Tagliabue was too much of a p*ssy to ban Leonard Little for life means that Vick should get to stay in the league?

That's crappy logic.

No, it means he has to be consistent in his rulings. How will it look when Pacman, Little, or more recently Stallworth gets another chance, but someone who has served his time for killing dogs does not?

THAT'S crappy logic.

So you're saying two wrongs make a right?

Because Paul Tagliabue was too much of a p*ssy to ban Leonard Little for life means that Vick should get to stay in the league?

That's crappy logic.

What about Pacman Jones, it was Goodell who re-instated that POS.

My logic is that he shouldn't be blacklisted. He served time for the crimes he did.

The decision of whether Vick gets back into the NFL should lie with the 32 owners who sign the checks. If they think he is worthy of a job, then he should get one.

But I am sick of special interest groups trying to dictate who should and shouldn't have a job in this country.

Do you honestly think kids will want to fight dogs because of Mike Vick.
I personally think Joey Porter has a worse impact on kids than Vick ever will. Everyone condemns Vick for the most part but how many were enthused with Porter attacking Levi Jones especially at first. That will teach Jones for talking smack, Porter is a real bad mutha, the most feared player in the NFL. It okay to lose your cool and attack somebody when things dont go your way and who cares if your posse jumps in. No kid thinks its cool to fight dogs after what has happened to vick. If a kid is into dogfighting its because thats what he has grew up around. Kids wanted only to emulate Vick's athletic prowess while a guy like Porter embodies the smack talking that is always admired.

Vick and Porter should be forced to fight each other to the death.

P.S. Porter only has a beef with Levi Jones b/c Levi kicked his arse everytime they matched up. Joey Porter is a sore loser. Thankfully, we got Jason "Mr. ASPCA Spokesman" Taylor back on this team for some moral balance.

P.S.S. I think we should consider signing Levi Jones. I have doubts about Smiley making it back healthy and if we signed Levi to play RT, Vernon could shift inside to LG.

If the NFL lets Vick back in, it says "well, they were just dogs" so what he did wasn't that bad.

Let me tell you something; my dog's doo-doo is worth more than the life of Michael Vick.

Again, nobody is saying he can't take a low level job where the do hire felons - or even go play in the CFL or something but the NFL is a major American tradition and it is supported by millions of dog lovers and it is must make a stand here.

I adore the hell out of dogs and despise Vick for all that he is. But in the U.S. if you serve your sentence and abide by what the law dictates, there's nothing to say you shouldn't be allowed to re-join the career you took part in prior to your crime.

Personally I think dog fighting is worse but not by much. Most people hunt for pleasure not for food. I find hunting repugnent for this reason. I understand hunting in some capacity is probably needed for population but the basic premise of killing an animal for pleasure to me is twisted just as much as dog fighting.

Depends on the situation. I don't hunt nor do I kill animals for pleasure. Those who do hunt either do so b/c they need to for food or for entertainment, which the latter I disagree with.

Dog fighting is bad no matter who does it. It helps no one or thing and it serves no purpose other than to feed the egos and wallets of people who are criminals.

This is the wrong forum for this post.
I am not a dog owner nor am I a Vick supporter.
However, the man has paid. Let him be. What he did was wrong. He went to jail. He is broke. He won't be fighting any more dogs....Isn't that enough. He learned a leason. I can care less if Vick makes it in the NFL or not.....I personally do not think he is that great of a player. BUT for Goodell to Ban the man and not let him back into the NFL is not the right thing for him to do. Let a NFL team owner decide if they want Vick to play.
He earns a second chance.

Just my 2 cents

By the way, there has never been a case where a NFL player harmer or killed humans the way Vick did dogs.

There have been some wife beaters and I mentioned St. Louis Rams DE Leonard Little who killed a woman in a 2nd DUI offense but never a full scale murderer/torturer of humans in the NFL.

Unless OJ Simpson was still in his prime when he killed Nicole and Ron Goldman - as an example. Would you have be posting here supporting OJ Simpson's return to the NFL?

Beating your wife is worse than harming/killing animals (yes, even the precious dog).

How far do we wanna take this? "Ronnie Brown banned for NFL for life when it was discovered that he pulled the wings off of flies as a child"?????

What about Pacman Jones, it was Goodell who re-instated that POS.

My logic is that he shouldn't be blacklisted. He served time for the crimes he did.

The decision of whether Vick gets back into the NFL should lie with the 32 owners who sign the checks. If they think he is worthy of a job, then he should get one.

But I am sick of special interest groups trying to dictate who should and shouldn't have a job in this country.

Pacman should've never been reinstated either. Why keep making the same mistakes. The NFL will survive and thrive without these pieces of sh*t like Leonard Little, Lawrence Phillips, Pacman Jones and most of all; Michael Vick.

It's time to make a stand!

Mike Vick does deserve to rot in hell and I really do wish the NFL would decide not to let him come back HOWEVER! He has paid the price for what he did and if the NFL decides to let him back then so be it. That is the system we live in and you just have to deal with it. People love a come back and if Vick returns with some success he is going to be news for years to come so you might want to get used to it or it will drive you nuts.

I hate the guy. I hate him because I cant imagine the things he did and was responsible for. But that fact of the matter is he accepted the punishment and paid the price he was asked to pay. His athletic ability alone will put him on a roster somewhere in the league so just get used to it.

I hope he dont make it back but have prepared myself for his return just the same.

Playing for the private corporation known as the NFL is not a "right" but a privilege which he forfeited by disgracing himself and by association the organization at whose pleasure he served. Now does he have a right to supersize my fries? Yeah i guess he does, but I sure wouldn't knowingly patronize that franchise,

As far as dog fighting, torture and abuse being a "cultural" disconnect.. that's one of the examples why they're (often backward) Third World countries. If he wants to embrace that "culture" let him play somewhere like in Outer Slabovia.

The NFl has shown no previous standard to not allow him back in.
You think he has forfeited the privildge but that does not make it so.

I have no problem with people hating Vick , I dont like him but seriously to wish that he can only get a low level job just for that reason does nothing for society. The odds are that if makes it back to the NFL that dogs will actually gain some benefit since to restore his image. Im sure his handlers will be more than smart enough to establish some animal based charity or fund a current one.

People know that other players have fought dogs and still every sunday people still watch, so people can talk about what they prefer but nobody is going to stop going to games because of Vick.

The only reason people are so against Vick is because it was mans best friend. If he had a chicken fighting ring no one would give a damn. Sure it would be bad but nobody would say he should be banned from the NFL.
How come nobody wants to boycott boxing because of Roy Jones.

I adore the hell out of dogs and despise Vick for all that he is. But in the U.S. if you serve your sentence and abide by what the law dictates, there's nothing to say you shouldn't be allowed to re-join the career you took part in prior to your crime.

Depends on the situation. I don't hunt nor do I kill animals for pleasure. Those who do hunt either do so b/c they need to for food or for entertainment, which the latter I disagree with.

Dog fighting is bad no matter who does it. It helps no one or thing and it serves no purpose other than to feed the egos and wallets of people who are criminals.

most people hunt for one purpose. They find it entertaining. I truly dont see how this is not so far removed from dog fighting. whats more perverse about hunting is its accepted to teach to kids.

Back
Top Bottom