F the Michael Vick apologists! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

F the Michael Vick apologists!

Beating your wife is worse than harming/killing animals (yes, even the precious dog).

How far do we wanna take this? "Ronnie Brown banned for NFL for life when it was discovered that he pulled the wings off of flies as a child"?????

Beating your wife isn't that much worse and maybe not at all worse than drowning, shooting, electocuting and hanging almost 100 dogs.

Wives have avenues where they can go for help. Wives can speak up for themselves. Often times, battered women are partially responsible for their own abuse b/c they are voluntarily going back to a guy who beats them.

Dogs obviously can't speak up for themselves. They can't pick up a phone and call 911 now, can they?

Michael Vick didn't just "pull the wings off a fly". He didn't just kick his dog one time or leave it in a hot car with the windows up.

He masterminded (and I use that term loosely for this idiot) a business which tortured dozens and dozens (maybe over 100 dogs).

It's not about "special interest groups".

It's about Vick or the dogs. Pick a side!

Beating your wife isn't that much worse and maybe not at all worse than drowning, shooting, electocuting and hanging almost 100 dogs.

Wives have avenues where they can go for help. Wives can speak up for themselves. Often times, battered women are partially responsible for their own abuse b/c they are voluntarily going back to a guy who beats them.

Not really emotional about humans are you?

So where does fishing fall in compared to hunting?

Let's focus here - Vick or the dogs; whose side are you on?

If it was your dog that was picked up at a shelter (let's say you had lost it) by Michael Vick and he then drowned it by shoving its head in a buckett of water b/c it didn't fight hard enough, would you be supporting Michael Vick or supporting a lifetime ban in honor of your dog?

Sorry - I gotta get this off my chest.

It is just making me sick to hear (on sports radio) and read so many writers who don't have either the balls, or the sense of compassion, to come out and slam Vick as the piece of crap he is, and say unequivocally that he does NOT deserve to be back in the NFL.

Let's make sure we're clear here; when given every advantage one could have in life (fame and fortune), Michael Vick chose to use his success to fund a dog fighting operation.

This dog fighting operation obviously amounted to nothing less than torture of man's best friend.

Let's not forget what these pieces of crap (Vick and his underlings) were doing. Not only were they fighting Pit Bulls to the death, they were also buying or taking in Beagles and mutts and letting the Pit Bulls "practice" killing them (about a dozen Beagles and other non-Pits found at the compound during the raid).

Let's also not forget that Michael Vick himself wasn't just writing the checks (or should I say washing the cash for/from this business).

Michael Vick, when faced with having to take a lie detector test, recanted previous testimony that he had not personally drowned and electrocuted dogs and hung dogs from trees - the method by which they were disposing of the dogs which lost fights.

So this means that Michael Vick admitted that he indeed did personally drown dogs by shoving their heads in buckets of water, electrocuted dogs and hung dogs from trees.

Now I ask you; what kind of a sick, cold-hearted **** could do that to a dog?

So where are we on this now?

We have idiots out there like Tony Dungy visiting Michael Vick to offer his support and endorsement. We have radio talk show hosts who don't have the guts to call this piece of sh*t out (Madd Dog, George Sedano, ESPN, etc.). These reporters and radio hosts all come with the same I-don't-condone-what-he-did-but-he-should-be-given-a-chance-to-return-to-the-NFL-if-he-is-remorseful bull****.

WTF is that?

Why should Vick be allowed to return to a private league, funded by the public, whose members are granted almost instant fame and fortune?

Should Vick be allowed to get out of jail after two years and look for work? Well I wish he was dead but whatever - yeah, he could look for work; the world always needs ditch diggers and janitors. But a return to being a famous athlete is not something he deserves - no f'n way!!!

In short, F Vick apologists everywhere.

Thank you if you read all that and please, support man's best friend and help keep Michael Vick out of the NFL.

P.S. I know other pieces of crap have been allowed to stay in the league like St. Louis Rams DE Leonard Little who killed a woman (wife and mother) in his 2nd DUI offense but two wrongs don't make a right. He shouldn't be in the league either but that was Tagliabue's fault. I hope Roger Goodell doesn't make the same mistake with Vick.
The guy served his time, get over it. Stop being such a hater.

Let's focus here - Vick or the dogs; whose side are you on?

If it was your dog that was picked up at a shelter (let's say you had lost it) by Michael Vick and he then drowned it by shoving its head in a buckett of water b/c it didn't fight hard enough, would you be supporting Michael Vick or supporting a lifetime ban in honor of your dog?

Let's say your son worked as a bouncer at a bar and Pacman had his friend shoot/paralyze him? Wouldn't you want a lifetime ban to honor your son?

Tell that to the dogs who got mauled to death, shot, drowned, electocuted and/or hung by their necks from trees.

If that had happened to you or your loved ones, should you just "get over it"? Who's here to stick up for the dogs?

A dog would lay down his life for his master but you can't even support these dead dogs b/c you're more worried about Vick getting rich in the NFL again?

You are killing your argument.

Yes, what he did was despicable. However, they were just DOGS ... the implication that you just made was that dogs are as important as people.

Will Vick ever again play in the NFL? Should he?

Frankly, I don't care. I wasn't going to respond to this thread, but this crap irks the hell outta me.

Say it with me: A dog is not equal to a person.

Not really emotional about humans are you?

I feel plenty bad for battered women but again, they do have more options for help than dogs, right?

And I never said that a player who repeatedly beats his wife should remain in the NFL either. I think the league would've survived without the like of former Phins TE Randy McMichael who was always beating up on his wife.

so for the sake of arguement Vick pledges 10 percent of future NFL earnings to helping to stop dogfighting and becomes an advocate against dog fighting, wouldnt that do more good than not allowing him back in the league.

I dont recall many Players having much negative to say about dogfighting even after the Vick conviction. I mean as Porter said they were only dogs.

Michael Vick didn't just "pull the wings off a fly". He didn't just kick his dog one time or leave it in a hot car with the windows up.

It's not about "special interest groups".

the things that makes what he did worse than pulling the wings off of a fly is:

a) that he broke laws doing it. He went to jail for those crimes (as well he should have)

b) that dog lovers have huge special interest groups...that try and ruin the life of anyone who dares harm a dog or cat....but don't care too much for the deer and quail people hunt and kill, or the insects children everywhere torture.

The guy served his time, get over it. Stop being such a hater.

Did those dogs come back to life now b/c Mike "served his time". Did they not feel all that pain b/c now Mike "served his time"?

You stop being such "a hater" of dogs.

I'll support K9s over Michael Vick's career optioins 100%.

The decision of whether Vick gets back into the NFL should lie with the 32 owners who sign the checks. If they think he is worthy of a job, then he should get one.

But I am sick of special interest groups trying to dictate who should and shouldn't have a job in this country.

... thank you.

Back
Top Bottom