FA CB to consider | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA CB to consider

From what I remember I think he is a decent slot CB with the ability to blitz affectively, something we have learned Kevin Coyle loves to do

Pipe Dream! The packers aren't getting rid of jennings, Finely and Shields all in one offseason. Especially considering Woodson is retiring in 2-3 years man.

How old is shields these days
He just turned 25 in December.

isnt he restricted?
Yes, he is restricted and is probably going to get a qualifying tender which means the Packers will have the right to match any offer or let him go for draft picks...which for an undrafted free agent would be a bonus.

Pipe Dream! The packers aren't getting rid of jennings, Finely and Shields all in one offseason. Especially considering Woodson is retiring in 2-3 years man.

Why not? They have 3 stud WRs, a group of pkaymaking TEs, and Hayward has a Revis-esque season as a ROOKIE.

Yes! I'd love this, he alone is better than anyone we've got.

Sam Shields.

Apparently, the Pack are pleased w/ Hayward and may let the former Cane WR test the water.

Thoughts?
Apparently they're pleased with Hayward? Hayward has been a steal for them. He's arguably the best corner to date from last years draft. Shields bounced back and had a good year himself. Plus he's restricted and i'm sure he'll get a high tender. He's not going anywhere.

Well, based on his play this year I'd let Sean Smith go. So in that regard Miami needs to find two quality corners. Would be nice to add a vet and then draft a corner pretty darn high --- maybe Milliner if he makes it to #12 or slide down a bit and grab Banks. The secondary is an absolute mess with the exception of Jones.

Why not? They have 3 stud WRs, a group of pkaymaking TEs, and Hayward has a Revis-esque season as a ROOKIE.
Not the Packers philosophy to get rid of talent unless it doesn't make sense to keep it money wise. Packers prepared themselves with the departure of Jennings this offseason by carrying 6 WRs on the roster this past season...I think they're ready to part ways with Jennings (and Driver for that matter) and they'll draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round where they've drafted just about all their receivers the last 6 years. Finley and his agent may be the reason he is let go. Finley has dropped more passes than any TE in the last two seasons and his agent seems to keep blaming Aaron Rodgers for everything which is just unprofessional IMO. Packers also have 4 TEs on the roster. They really have few issues on offense outside of their O-line, their issues lie on defense which is a reason they'll keep Shields and continue to work on their secondary which still needs a safety, 3-4 DE and a linebacker opposite Clay Matthews. If you get rid of Shields you'll have to add CB to that list.

Back
Top Bottom