Fake Injury | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fake Injury

Heinegrabber

Since 84
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
How many of you guys saw Vonn "Flop" Miller go down after Stills circus catch? That irked the crap out of me. He should have gotten an unsportsmanlike conduct or delay of game penalty. Everyone in the stadium knew he wasn't injured.To me, that has no place in football. I know if that happened to one of the NFL cash cow teams the commentators would still be all over him. The league would be thinking of new ways to change the rules.

Sorry if this was previously posted.

I saw it.....and noticed the same thing....fakes injury, is helped off the field and is back the next play. I don't think anyone is fooled by that....but frankly it is a tactic that works. The only thing the NFL has done to combat this is the during I think the final two minutes of each half.

In the CFL if any player goes down due to injury, they must miss at least the next two plays. Id like to see the nfl adopt this policy to stop teams from doing exactly this for a free time out

I don’t think we were playing with fast tempo though were we?

If not there’s no point in faking an injury. I don’t keep these tapes to check anymore the qb stuff is so bad that I don’t want to burn my retinas on a second watch

I was at the game, it was complete BS. it saved the Broncos a challenge flag. NO we weren't in the hurry up mode, clearly a fake injury to save a timeout and challenge flag. He rebounded well.....

In the CFL if any player goes down due to injury, they must miss at least the next two plays. Id like to see the nfl adopt this policy to stop teams from doing exactly this for a free time out
Agreed, although it's 3 plays they have to sit out.

Two plays might be worth it... Three though, that's an entire series up there!

A. Seemed like he was really hurt to me, pretty sure he was grabbing at his hammy before he would have a chance to realize what was happening with the disputed play.

B. Even if he was faking it would be impressively smart, there probably aren't ten players in the league heady enough to pull that off. We complain about having a dumb roster, well thats an example of being smart.

There are lots of acting jobs in today's NFL. I'm not sure this is one of them, but you can certainly see how this can be used as an exploit. Hell, we should do it ourselves sometimes.

I have a bigger gripe with receivers that take dives to sell a PI call. Sometimes you can just tell that there wasnt enough contact to cause the receiver to fall, but fall he does and the refs blindly toss out the flags.

I was at the game. Looked like he clearly went down so their sideline could watch the replay on the big board. Props to our guys upstairs though they never showed the replay. LOL

A. Seemed like he was really hurt to me, pretty sure he was grabbing at his hammy before he would have a chance to realize what was happening with the disputed play.

B. Even if he was faking it would be impressively smart, there probably aren't ten players in the league heady enough to pull that off. We complain about having a dumb roster, well thats an example of being smart.

I was waiting for someone to mention this as I was reading through the posts. Watching the game, my first thought was he was faking. However, looking at the replay, I don't think he has a clue what happened downfield when he first indicates some distress. Now someone might have told him to stay down longer but I actually think he just cramped up.

ARTICLE 2. INJURY TIMEOUTS. If an official determines a player to be injured, or if attendants from the bench come on the field to assist an injured player, an injury timeout will be called by the Referee. If the ATC Spotter identifies a player for medical attention, the rules pertaining to Injury Timeouts in Article 3 and Article 4 (c) apply.

ARTICLE 3. INJURY TIMEOUTS PRIOR TO TWO-MINUTE WARNING OF EITHER HALF. When an injury timeout is called, the injured player must leave the game for the completion of one down.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2017-nfl-rulebook/#rule-4.-game-timing

Back
Top Bottom