Fans Sueing Referee for Costly Bad Call | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fans Sueing Referee for Costly Bad Call

Dolfan02

Somebody kick Huizenga for me
Reaction score
This story is quite extreme. A soccer match in the professional Spanish League between Real Madrid and Valencia took place last week. The winner would take hold of first place in the league so it was a huge game for everyone. The current 2nd-place team, Valencia, was up by one goal 1-0, until in the very last minute when the ref rewarded the other team with a penalty kick upon a very bad call on his part. The other team tied the game on that penalty kick, and it ended like that. Valencia fans are sueing, but you'll be surprised for how much! ....

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=291738&cc=5901

Suing for a "bad" call...oh come on, that is just pathetic.

Originally posted by Prime Time
Suing for a "bad" call...oh come on, that is just pathetic.

Sueing a referee is indeed pathetic, especially for that amount. But the call was indeed a bad call. Everyone knew it.

It was so obvious when you see it on instant replay, and especially that it came in the last minute of the game. I'm sorry, but you don't make such an ify call in a important game in the very last second. The referee, not the players or teams, was the decider of that game.

Another lawyer trying to make an issue for which he can't. They will and deserve to lose the lawsuit. Referees make mistakes and so does everybody, that's part of life. Nobody is perfect. Not even the refs in the NFL.

They are suing just to make referees in all countries be accountable for their actions on the field.

The penalty was an embarassment, and it is typical of how "Big Clubs" get preferential treatment.

Manyoo hasn't conceeded a penalty shot at Old Trafford since 1993. Now tell me that isn't a bit too much of a "coincidence".....

The fans are suing for 1 euro, which is less than an american dollar, so no, this isn't about money.

Back
Top Bottom