Fanspeak On the Clock Mock Draft Simulator | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fanspeak On the Clock Mock Draft Simulator

10: R1P10
G QUENTON NELSON
NOTRE DAME

42: R2P10
LB MALIK JEFFERSON
TEXAS

74: R3P10
CB HOLTON HILL
TEXAS

112: R4P10
QB JOSH ALLEN
WYOMING

132: R4P30
TE DALLAS GOEDERT
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

189: R6P10
G BRADEN SMITH
AUBURN

231: R7P9
LB RASHAAN EVANS
ALABAMA

232: R7P10
C ALEX OFFICER
PITTSBURGH

G QUENTON NELSON
NOTRE DAME

LB ROQUON SMITH
GEORGIA

CB HOLTON HILL
TEXAS

QB JOSH ALLEN
WYOMING

TE HAYDEN HURST
SOUTH CAROLINA

TE DALLAS GOEDERT
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

LB RASHAAN EVANS
ALABAMA

C ALEX OFFICER
PITTSBURGH

WR COURTLAND SUTTON
SMU

G BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE

CB JOSH JACKSON
IOWA

QB JOSH ALLEN
WYOMING

C FRANK RAGNOW
ARKANSAS

TE DALLAS GOEDERT
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

LB RASHAAN EVANS
ALABAMA

LB TEGRAY SCALES
INDIANA

WR COURTLAND SUTTON
SMU

G BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE

CB JOSH JACKSON
IOWA

QB JOSH ALLEN
WYOMING

C FRANK RAGNOW
ARKANSAS

TE DALLAS GOEDERT
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

LB RASHAAN EVANS
ALABAMA

LB TEGRAY SCALES
INDIANA

only did 4 rounds.

10: R1P10 QB LAMAR JACKSON
LOUISVILLE

42: R2P10 DL DA'RON PAYNE
ALABAMA

74: R3P10 G WILL HERNANDEZ
UTEP

112: R4P10 C FRANK RAGNOW
ARKANSAS

132: R4P30 QB CLAYTON THORSON
NORTHWESTERN
You are way too high on Lamar snoop. Lol

My dream draft so far

EDGE BRADLEY CHUBB
NORTH CAROLINA STATE

C MASON COLE
MICHIGAN

TE TROY FUMAGALLI
WISCONSIN

CB QUENTON MEEKS
STANFORD

RB KERRYON JOHNSON
AUBURN

WR BRAXTON BERRIOS
MIAMI

QB RILEY FERGUSON
MEMPHIS

G BRIAN ALLEN
MICHIGAN STATE

This draft is literally 4 1st Rd picks.

I'm not crazy about this draft but the name of the game is adding talent, that and banning Mike Tannenbaum from making any more trades. My preference would not be to add a WR or DL in the 1st round, but the two talents that stood out were Sutton and Christian Wilkins. And yeah if Quenton Nelson were available I would have taken him.

A question in general regarding the draft: The Steelers took David DeCastro 24th overall in 2012- was he a reach because he's an OG? I'd take him all day long, there or higher, the 1st round always seems to be regarded as too high to draft an interior OL until we're getting knocked around like rag dolls for yet another season. Combine talent available at interior OL with a definite need and I'll draft them all day long in the 1st round. I heard the same logic a decade ago regarding RT vs LT as per spending 1st round picks. If we need a Guard draft a Guard- Nelson, Price (OG/OC), Hernandez, whatever works- fix the problem. Draft Officer in the 7th as a backup Center, that's fine, too, or maybe Isiah Wynn as a short yet capable Guard or even back up LT, the kid can play. Just get it done, fix the problem, I'd love to get Quenton Nelson in the 1st round and bury one of the Guard issues that plagues us year after year.

I did these with different settings, and, as you can see on the last three, it was hard for me to justify taking any of the available players over Sutton at 10. I don't like going WR that early, but he's the kind of talent that dictates coverage. I have said it many times, but I don't draft a WR in the top 10 unless he's a rare talent. I didn't have top-10 grades on Corey Davis, Mike Williams, or John Ross. Sutton is that rare talent, and I have a top-10 grade on him.

aJKZN6QNQ5e0uJx48t8CcQ.png

aBsnmU9UTASnKMRX4tJ3WQ.png

oP-jwqXzT6av3gt6vqrxfg.png

yI4BuHM4QcmJ1U-xCv03Fw.png

I did these with different settings, and, as you can see on the last three, it was hard for me to justify taking any of the available players over Sutton at 10. I don't like going WR that early, but he's the kind of talent that dictates coverage. I have said it many times, but I don't draft a WR in the top 10 unless he's a rare talent. I didn't have top-10 grades on Corey Davis, Mike Williams, or John Ross. Sutton is that rare talent, and I have a top-10 grade on him.

Am I missing something or is Rashaan Evans ranked ridiculously low by Fanspeak? I'd be happy to get him in the 2nd or 3rd rounds and they have him ranked I think 266 overall, imo that's crazy. I like his size, physical play, quick feet, production. Holton Hill jumps out, too, with that size and speed but he's got some suddenness/explosion to him as well, just reeks of talent- I hope that he no longer reeks of weed. It might be a bit much to throw out the name Mike Haynes, but I do remember what Troy Vincent looked like as a rookie, and Hill has that same thoroughbred look to him. Quite the talent.

I would be hard pressed to take WR on this team given the holes all over the field. Unless the kid is Julio Jones or Moss without the baggage - give me DE Chubb Landry Clemson kid or Stud OL or shutdown CB..

Am I missing something or is Rashaan Evans ranked ridiculously low by Fanspeak? I'd be happy to get him in the 2nd or 3rd rounds and they have him ranked I think 266 overall, imo that's crazy. I like his size, physical play, quick feet, production. Holton Hill jumps out, too, with that size and speed but he's got some suddenness/explosion to him as well, just reeks of talent- I hope that he no longer reeks of weed. It might be a bit much to throw out the name Mike Haynes, but I do remember what Troy Vincent looked like as a rookie, and Hill has that same thoroughbred look to him. Quite the talent.

Def low on Evans, and 2nd/3rd is where I have him. I agree with your take on Hill. He looks like a well-rounded stud - can do it all. We'll see if he can keep "clean". At this point in the process, the rankings are everywhere. It'll be interesting to see who remains underrated. One of the boards had Lotulelei in the 1st, and I'm not sure he'll even be drafted. He's not good.

I would be hard pressed to take WR on this team given the holes all over the field. Unless the kid is Julio Jones or Moss without the baggage - give me DE Chubb Landry Clemson kid or Stud OL or shutdown CB..

I feel the same, but I do think Sutton is that rare WR worth a top-10 pick, and Chubb was not on the board. Chubb and Sutton are the only players I have as virtual locks for the top 10. After them, all the prospects have significant questions or ceilings that preclude them from that range.

While I don't like going WR early, this would be the draft to do it. With the info we have, it looks like the weakest top 10 since 2013, so I don't feel like I'm passing on All Pro DE's, CB's, or Safeties. I like the depth of this class better than 2013.

G QUENTON NELSON
NOTRE DAME

G WILL HERNANDEZ
UTEP

CB HOLTON HILL
TEXAS

QB JOSH ALLEN
WYOMING