Fantasy football 2015 discussion

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by fish920, Jul 4, 2015.

1. fish920

fish920 lurker Donator

Saw there hasnt been a thread on here since last year it looks like, so im here to see who else is stoked, not only for our beloved dolphins to suit up, but for fantasy football?

Who are guys that you love?

Who's gonna bust?

Sleepers?

I can't wait for fantasy football, how about you?

2. fish920

fish920 lurker Donator

Frank gore has a big year

Brady goes off

Carlos hyde busts

Amari cooper wins ROY

Nelson agholor has productive year

Wallace has another good year

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

Joseph randle > darren mcfadden

3. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

Looking forward to the season. I got a fantasy football magazine, and a bunch of print outs from online web sites. I am in a Keeper League, so I am keeping RB Marshawn Lynch and WR Dez Bryant, from last year. We don't usually do our draft until right around Labor Day....I have been in a 24 person league on www.myfantasyleague.com since 2004. We have two conferences with 12 persons each and the the two conference winners play in our Championship.

I haven't come close to winning in my league. :boohoo:..my top guys seem to get hurt every year. But I have been playing on FanDuel and Draft Kings the last couple years and have won some good money. It's nice starting with a new roster every week on fan Duel and Draft Kings.

I like some Dolphin players as Sleepers......Jarvis Landry, Stills and Ajayi.

Busts: RG3, Marcus Mariota...the Patriots (if Brady gets a four game suspension). :up:

4. BALLS DEEP

BALLS DEEP Guess Who's Back.

I won my league last year. Brady went bananas. I had an F draft and worked the waivers like a beast. We do an auction. Love the auction. So less boring than the typical snake draft. This year, we've made it so that you also have to start two defensive utility players each week. We have only 4 bench spots. So no one can just stash players on the bench. (I have another league I'm doing this year called the Fuchs Too Schmidt Talkers where we're going only with one bench spot. Should be bananas. I have a few spots if someone wants in pm me).

5. The Fin Reaper

The Fin Reaper PSYCHIC

6. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

I am in five leagues,,,,cutting back from the eight I was in last year. :chuckle: I like auction leagues as well as you have to manage your payroll. FanDuel and DraftKings work this way. I like that they pay out immediately, and you aren't screwed if your top guys get hurt. I've been doing my Keeper League since 2004, and I keep at it because there are a lot of smack talkers and nothing feels better than giving one of them a good beat down. :up:

7. Miami 13

Miami 13 Pro Bowler

Does anyone on here do a FH league or something for $$? Small money of course, like less than $75 per person? If so I would be willing to join!

8. Fins1971

Fins1971 C'mon Dolphins

I haven't played in years but my buddy said that Draft Kings was awesome.
    If you deposit $25 they will give you free entry into a Week 1 fantasy contest and match your deposit.
    They also have a PGA Championship contest next week where you pick 6 golfers for $20 and have a chance to win a million.
    He said the app on your phone updates as the golfers are making birdies and you can see where you stand through out the weekend.
    Sounds pretty cool. I think I'm going to deposit the minimum and try my luck at a few golf and football contests.

9. susser2000

susser2000 A True Fan

They do match the deposit, but they give you back a percentage of that for every dollar you spend. Essentially, it will take a while for you to see that $25. Make sure you read their fine print before doing it. I play DraftKings and FanDuel and enjoy both, but I tell people not to join for the matched deposit, because you probably won't see it.

10. Fins1971

Fins1971 C'mon Dolphins

Yeah, Top Bet is the same way on wagering games. They give you free money when you deposit but you have to bet it 10 times before you can collect it as real money. Not really counting on the free money. It is worth it to me to try it a few times just to see how it works from a technology standpoint. Pretty amazing they can update 100 of thousands bets on every swing of the club or score. Good Luck.

11. fish920

fish920 lurker Donator

1439857801006.jpg

Won this and 500 bucks last year. My team was great all year check out my line up.

Andrew luck (rd 4)
    lesean mccoy (rd 1)
    demarco murray (rd 2)
    jordy nelson (rd 3)
    mike wallace (rd 7)
    greg olsen ( rd 6)
    fred jackson (rd 10)

I streamed kickers and defenses like i always have.
    Talk about nailing the draft.

Im looking foward to a repeat.

12. Fins1971

Fins1971 C'mon Dolphins

Got to admit the Draft Kings PGA Championship weekend was pretty fun to participate in.

After day one my entry was in the top 11%.
    Early in day 2 my entry spiked all the way up into the top .5% and my payout was projected at $125
    Then my golfers started to crap the bed at the end of day 2. I finished in the top 20% after day 2 (still in the money $25)
    Day 3 and my golfers all fell apart except Speith. At the end of day 4 I was in the top 30% (just out of the money)

For $20 it was a lot of entertainment that lasted most of the weekend. Pretty hard to pick the top 6 golfers out of 150 on a weekend though.

Definitely going to try the football on week 1.

13. pb1300

pb1300 Scout Team

Screen Shot 2015-08-31 at 12.51.04 AM.png

So here is my roster for one of my leagues. I was hoping to get Tanny, but he was taken right before me, so I went with Bridgewater. I like my depth at all positions, except QB. Im just banking on Bridgewater having a big year. Arian Foster was there in the 9th round still, but the guy right before me snagged him. He would have been a good replacement later on.

14. NorthernFin

NorthernFin Scout Team

Had my draft yesterday. Picked up Landry and the Dolphin D. :woot:

15. ATShock

ATShock New Member

Looking at pulling the trigger on this trade: Thoughts? ESPN Standard scoring

I'd get Antonio Brown, Jordan Cameron
    I'd give Gronk, Amari Cooper

Thanks!

Go fins!

16. susser2000

susser2000 A True Fan

I don't think you would lose either way, but because of that I wouldn't complete the trade. I think Brown and Gronk are about as even as you get and Cooper may have more upside than Cameron; but they are both playing with potential.