Fantasy Football | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fantasy Football

pigskinguy

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
OK, not sure what the interest is, but I am thinking about starting a fantasy football league for FinHeaven users. Everything will be on-line at CBS.Sportsline.com through the Fantasy Football Commisioner. We make our own rules and scoring system and do a draft any way we want, etc, etc.. Just go to CBS.Sportsline.com and follow link (top left corner) to get more info. You can have as many as 30 teams, however I think I would cap it at closer to 16 or 20 depending on the interest. The cost will depend on the amount of people as will the prize money. If I order before June 30th it is $130. If anyone is interested PM me. Also if anyone has suggestions of any sort as far as rules or how to run the league let me know. The more input the better.

One suggestion is that you make sure you have set rules regarding having line-ups set by a certain time! If it's not set FOR ANY REASON then they get a 0 for the week! I ran a league last year and had a some people that couldn't follow this simple concept! You would be suprised how many people can follow simple rules! Sounds like fun though keep us updated! CBS is a great site for it! NFL.com is the same site if you do it there instead! They use CBS as there provider! ESPN's site SUCKS!!!

I'd definititely be interested but I would like to know the rules, scoring, prizes, and cost ahead of time. I wouldn't want to pay to play in a league where clear guidelines aren't set. I feel that more than 14 or 15 teams is too much. 12 is ideal but the more teams you get the more likelyhood you'll have someone like Sam Simmons as your backup WR.

I'd be into it as well.

You can customize all of the scoring so we could hash out all of the scoring rules well in advance....

I have played ff for 3 years now, and every year I lose and say i will never play again...

I'd be interested depending on the size/price/reward... I'm currently also in a 20 team league, and it's very tough because you end up with some 2nd or 3rd stringers pretty high on your roster.

Let me know once things flesh out a bit more.

been playing for the last two years I am definately in. It will be nice to play with fellow Dolphin fans. I like leagues with high scoring I dont know about the rest of you. My league last year gave 1 point for receptions by the TE which made the position more valuable, which I thought was a good idea.

I'm in, I think it's much better when you have a vested interest in the league, when it's a free league with nothing to play for it's too easy for people to drop out once they lose a few games.

Ok. It looks like the interst is there. Now if anyone want ot PM me I can take them again (Sorry, Muck :o ). The CBS site will let you take up tp 20 but I think I will cap it at no mre than 16. We can set up the scoring anyway we want so any and all input is great. So anyone who is seriously interested PM me and I will get to work on a preliminary scoring system and PM everyone who has shown interest. If order and pay by Juneit is 130 bucks. We will figure out hoe much the cost per person and prize money will be once we know how many teams are in. Also give a ballpark figure as to what everyone is comfortable as a fee.......Keep in mind the first 130 will be league fees. Do we want winner takes all.....I vote yes.
Anyone who wants more info on how the league works, i.e. general rules, draft options, etc. just go CBS.Sportsline.com and and follow the links to the fantasy footbal commisioner.
Thanks guys, and remember any qualms, quibbles ,complaints and/or suggestions just let me know.

I think I will cap it at 12 teams (If I get thany many guys). 16 teams might be too many. 3 divisions of 4. Three div. winners and 1 wild card makes the playoffs.
So far I have 3 PM's confirming interests. When/if I get 12 I will PM details of the league. Including rules, format, draft, scoring system, trading, add/drop procedures, playoffs, etc. None are set in stone, these rules can be changed.

Back
Top Bottom