FBGP's Building Through the NFL Draft: Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FBGP's Building Through the NFL Draft: Miami Dolphins

That would be a great draft, get a dynamic talent in Howard, and some great D-Line talent next. However, I don't think McDowell is going to be there in the 3rd round, he's late 1st early 2nd easily.

Howard will be long gone before Miami picks at 22, and no way in hell does McDowell last until the 3rd round. I think he will be under consideration with Miami's pick at 22 in the first round.

Howard will be long gone before Miami picks at 22, and no way in hell does McDowell last until the 3rd round. I think he will be under consideration with Miami's pick at 22 in the first round.

Honestly, with all the rumors circulating about the guy, he's the one I don't want at 22. In fact, if we took him I would be severely disappointed with our front office and their ability to evaluate talent. IMO, there is no reason to take such a high risk that early. Yes, Tunsil smoke pot. I believe that can be fixed. I have heard McDowell is a cancer. Sometimes guys that feel entitled and have a bad attitude aren't worth the trouble they cause. We have come a long way, Gase can't fix everybody.

Honestly, with all the rumors circulating about the guy, he's the one I don't want at 22. In fact, if we took him I would be severely disappointed with our front office and their ability to evaluate talent. IMO, there is no reason to take such a high risk that early. Yes, Tunsil smoke pot. I believe that can be fixed. I have heard McDowell is a cancer. Sometimes guys that feel entitled and have a bad attitude aren't worth the trouble they cause. We have come a long way, Gase can't fix everybody.

Maybe, but there is no way in hell someone as talented as McDowell is lasting until the end of the third round.

McDowell will slip a bit, for sure. I think he could end up being there around pick #54, but don't think he gets to the third round.

1. I don't like picking two defensive tackles back to back.

2. If the Dolphins did indeed go with OJ Howard in the 1st round, I believe the second round pick would target OG. It's our thinnest OL position, and we also need to get younger at the position. A second rounder like Dixon or Feeney could probably slide in and start.

3. I believe Gase will find a gem TE in the 3rd or 4th round. With Fasano and Thomas in the fold, a good move TE can take a year to get stronger in the weight room, improve blocking technique, and improve route running while still playing some offensive snaps.

4. I also think safety is going to be addressed earlier. They need a true center fielder to play along Reshad Jones. Nate Allen is an aging stopgap and McDonald won't even be active for the 1st eight games.

Back
Top Bottom