* Feeding Frenzy for QB's on Draft Day * | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

* Feeding Frenzy for QB's on Draft Day *

TrinidadDolfan

1st Team All-Pro
Reaction score
Assuming our #1 pick will not be Ryan, then he will drop and be picked in the 1st by a team needing a QB, likely Atlanta....

Then there are still 6 or so other teams still needing a QB :

-Atlanta
-Bears
-Ravens
-49'ers
-Carolina
-Vikings

Since most of these teams are huddled around the middle of round 1, I don't think that any of them will justify picking one of the remaining QB's that high and that ALL of their QB needs will be addressed from round 2 onwards.
At the TOP of round 2 stands the Dolphins, who everyone will assume will pick the best QB standing (after Ryan). If one of those 6 teams has fallen in love with someone like Flacco, and believes that he will be off the board soon, then they will get fidgety and move up to grab what they can.

So, what we could very well see on draft day, is a feeding frenzy to get a QB by 6 teams to either want to jump into our #1 spot at the top of round 2, or jump ahead of us into the latter stages of Round 1.

It could all be triggered by which QB the other teams believe BP will grab in Round 2. If we pass on Ryan in Round 1, then I hope Atlanta picks him up. Because if they don't, then Lord knows they have enough 2nd round ammunition (picks!) to easily jump up a couple of spots ahead of our Round 2 selection (into the end of Round 1) and grab Flacco or whoever is hot on Draft day.

I think it would be easy to trade down in round 2, but I don't know if it will be b/c of a QB. With NE having to forfit a pick it's like Miami has the last pick of the first round. There will still be choice players out there. I think some teams will want to move up so they can get "their" guy. Whoever that may be.

I really hope we stay away from QB's that early. We need to build the O-line before anybody we put back there is going to be successful.

Last year I was calling for us to go O-line with our first two picks, and a I hope we do it this year.

I really hope we stay away from QB's that early. We need to build the O-line before anybody we put back there is going to be successful.

Last year I was calling for us to go O-line with our first two picks, and a I hope we do it this year.

nice. so true. i wouldn't go so far as to say i would skip a stud qb if he existed this year, but since there is no standout, i want to wait and snatch up woodson.

Atlanta isnt going to take Ryan. They will wait to the 2nd round. My guess is Ryan will go to Baltimore where Troy Smith will beat him out for the starting job :)
The only QB that will go first round is Ryan.

If Matt Ryan is on the board at 3, he will be an Atlanta Falcon.

I also think the Falcons will take Ryan however, if he does slip past 3 does anyone else see a Brady Quinn-esque slide for him?

Assuming our #1 pick will not be Ryan, then he will drop and be picked in the 1st by a team needing a QB, likely Atlanta....

Then there are still 6 or so other teams still needing a QB :

-Atlanta
-Bears
-Ravens
-49'ers
-Carolina
-Vikings

Since most of these teams are huddled around the middle of round 1, I don't think that any of them will justify picking one of the remaining QB's that high and that ALL of their QB needs will be addressed from round 2 onwards.
At the TOP of round 2 stands the Dolphins, who everyone will assume will pick the best QB standing (after Ryan). If one of those 6 teams has fallen in love with someone like Flacco, and believes that he will be off the board soon, then they will get fidgety and move up to grab what they can.

So, what we could very well see on draft day, is a feeding frenzy to get a QB by 6 teams to either want to jump into our #1 spot at the top of round 2, or jump ahead of us into the latter stages of Round 1.

It could all be triggered by which QB the other teams believe BP will grab in Round 2. If we pass on Ryan in Round 1, then I hope Atlanta picks him up. Because if they don't, then Lord knows they have enough 2nd round ammunition (picks!) to easily jump up a couple of spots ahead of our Round 2 selection (into the end of Round 1) and grab Flacco or whoever is hot on Draft day.

You're forgetting the Chiefs. Herman Edwards was the most outspoken person at Ryan's pro day and took time to talk to him there. They could always nab him if they continue to be unimpressed with Brodie.

Atlanta isnt going to take Ryan. They will wait to the 2nd round. My guess is Ryan will go to Baltimore where Troy Smith will beat him out for the starting job :)
The only QB that will go first round is Ryan.

I disagree here - I think QB as we know is the most important position on the field and there are a few teams that need a QB. Miami has pick #32 and there may be a feel that they will go QB there. Any team in the 1st rd that needs a QB has to be seriously thinking about Flacco, Henne and Brohm. Why wait for the most important position? I think one or two of these guys may go 1st rd because of the importance of the position versus if they are actually 1st rd graded. I could see teams jumping up to end of 1st to grab one of these guys in fear BP may take them.

nice. so true. i wouldn't go so far as to say i would skip a stud qb if he existed this year, but since there is no standout, i want to wait and snatch up woodson.

I hope Woodson last until round three...that'd be sweet! :D

While having the #1 overall pick in the draft isn't the best place to be, having that #32 spot is very, very nice. I predict that's where we'll get trade offers.

I hope Woodson last until round three...that'd be sweet! :D

I don't see Woodson as a pro QB - he doesn't have the tools IMO. Waste of a pick - no way does BP go that route - doesn't fit his profile.

The 49ers do not need a QB. Alex Smith is still there guy, and has shown improvement. It's not his fault he got hurt and the team sucked this last year. Not to mention they just picked up an option on him so they have a monetary tie in to him.

While having the #1 overall pick in the draft isn't the best place to be, having that #32 spot is very, very nice. I predict that's where we'll get trade offers.

I think the third rounder will get more...especially after the first day is over and teams have had a chance to refresh.

The 49ers do not need a QB. Alex Smith is still there guy, and has shown improvement. It's not his fault he got hurt and the team sucked this last year. Not to mention they just picked up an option on him so they have a monetary tie in to him.

You are only very partly correct. 49'ers are only a few bad starts away from pulling the rug out on Smith

Back
Top Bottom