Feeley's feet | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley's feet

Phinzone

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else has noticed it, but I think nearly every video I've seen so far, has shown feeley throwing from an unset position. Seems like he's rushing, and not setting his feet like he should.

Now, that's not the case that I saw when he was in Philly. He seemed controlled, and set his feet before throwing.

Can anyone who attends camps keep an eye out on this, and tell me if this is really the case? It could be his problem, other than not having enough time in the system (he'll have kinks, no doubt about it). But not setting his feet could be a real problem for him down the road. Can anyone tell me if my limited viewing is inaccurate? or am I on the spot?

yeah, defenitely. he was running around alot and he moved out of the pocket too soon. I think hes scared of our defense (and Oline?).
To me, Feeley needs to calm down. Ask the new OC what it is it he wants. Alot of this is in his mind i think. It comes from being unsure about many things at once IMO. New team. New offense. new personal all around him. new coaches. New environment. No one should write Feeley off right now even if he still looks bad overall with some imporovement in areas at the next camp. but if he looks as bad in the last camp, then forget it. But alot of this to me is "the shakes". He is not experienced. This mind thing will either make or break him IMO.

If he were still in Philly, his confidence would be miles above what it is right now.

finfan54 said:
yeah, defenitely. he was running around alot and he moved out of the pocket too soon. I think hes scared of our defense (and Oline?).
To me, Feeley needs to calm down. Ask the new OC what it is it he wants. Alot of this is in his mind i think. It comes from being unsure about many things at once IMO. New team. New offense. new personal all around him. new coaches. New environment. No one should write Feeley off right now even if he still looks bad overall with some imporovement in areas at the next camp. but if he looks as bad in the last camp, then forget it. But alot of this to me is "the shakes". He is not experienced. This mind thing will either make or break him IMO.

If he were still in Philly, his confidence would be miles above what it is right now.

totally agree that Feeley will need lots of time to get comfortable. And we will need to be patient. As for his footwork, he m/have read too many posts on Wade Smith on this board :rolleyes:

I think thats what it is, he's just nervous. After another camp or two and time to learn the offense and get used to his new teammates/environment, He'll be ok.

When AJ gets in his groove, watch out! I think that by the third preseason game he will be launching crisp, accurate passes. This guy is a winner!

:D

Are you referring to the little skip forward he does after the steps motion? Right after the final....say 3rd step he skips forward WHILE he's throwing.

dolphan39 said:
totally agree that Feeley will need lots of time to get comfortable. And we will need to be patient. As for his footwork, he m/have read too many posts on Wade Smith on this board :rolleyes:

his footwork is how me moves around the pocket, that is not in question. I actually think he'll be a really good scrammbeler, he should do fine in that area. But he's not setting up for throws, whish is causing errant throws. Watch tape, you'll see it. He didn't do it in philly, and he did fine. Like I said, he's probably just skittish, trying to get the O down, but he'll need to fix it if he's thinking he has a shot at leading this team well.

JPhinfan86 said:
Are you referring to the little skip forward he does after the steps motion? Right after the final....say 3rd step he skips forward WHILE he's throwing.

yep, exactly. Ever see that video of Losman throwing at the senior bowl? He actually JUMPS and throws in mid-air (for no apparent reason, no pressure, the kid just plain doesn't want to take the time to set up), Feeley isn't setting either, which could be causing his bad throws.

What you have noted is just another reason why Trestman was kept as the QB coach and not elevated to OC. That is a coachable trait that can be "fixed" if needed.

Phinzone said:
yep, exactly. Ever see that video of Losman throwing at the senior bowl? He actually JUMPS and throws in mid-air (for no apparent reason, no pressure, the kid just plain doesn't want to take the time to set up), Feeley isn't setting either, which could be causing his bad throws.

I really paid attention to it after you mentioned it. That is pretty pointless, I guess as long as it doesn't affect his accuracy its ok (does it?).

The thing with Feeley is that he can throw with Accuracy when he rolls to the right. The games he played don't justify how good of a player he can be if he stays healthy.

Feeley to his right, sprint right option time, west coast play. McMichales can make that route, Tover showed some flashes of it, and let Chambers run deep if that option isn't there.

Expect a massive effort from Ricky in this, less I runs unless there's a lead, more split back stuff where he can work the edge off the pass like a long handoff.

Ricky Williams has a new challenge- a new scheme after establishing himself as the dominant AFC runner. Expect him to respond with new game!

Back
Top Bottom