Female Golfer Bit by Black-Widow; Finishes Round | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Female Golfer Bit by Black-Widow; Finishes Round

rob19

Soul Rebel
Reaction score
Daniela Holmqvist is a rookie golfer on the Ladies European Tour, and also happens to be a cross between Chuck Norris and Bear Grylls.

Golf Digest brings us one way to take care of a pesky Black Widow bite. Apparently, you dig out the venom with a golf tee.

Holmqvist was on the fourth hole at the Royal Canberra Golf Club on Tuesday during a pre-qualifier for the LPGA Tour's ISPS Handa Australian Open in Yarralumla, Australia.

Suddenly, she felt a sharp pain in her ankle. She then looked down, only to see a spider with the markings of a Black Widow.

That's when most people would panic (and yours truly would start sobbing), but not the young Swede. Rather than seek medical attention, Holmqvist decided to perform impromptu surgery.

As Holmqvist's leg started to swell and the pain became intense, she made the quick decision to take matters into her own hands (she'd just been informed that a Black Widow bite can kill a child in as little as 30 minutes). She pulled a tee out of her pocket ("it was the only thing I had handy," she told Svensk Golf) and used it to cut open the wound so she could squeeze out the venom and keep it from spreading inside her body.

"A clear fluid came out," she said. "It wasn't the prettiest thing I've ever done, but I had to get as much of it out of me as possible."

Without skipping a beat, she then proceeded to finish her round, shooting a 74.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...with-tee-finishes-round-like-a-boss?hpt=hp_t4

They talked about that on Dan Le Batards show DLHQ, also showed a pic with a bunch of kangaroos on the course.

Nice story.

If she'd also gone home afterwards to make her man a sandwich before seeking medical attention - it'd be epic! (except female golfer usually = lesbo)

Back
Top Bottom