Few questions heading into the season. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Few questions heading into the season.

MiZFiT

Club Member
Reaction score
Ok. I am just wondering what rolls these guys will have not just this year, but seasons following.

First of, gibril wilson. i know he was brought in this year to fill hill's spot at FS (which i am exstatic about. hill was the worst part of our secondary last year). but since bell is into his 30's, will we pick up a real FS in this years draft or next years draft and then slide wilson over to SS? (since SS is where he plays his best).

Next, Cameron Wake. The hype for this guy is through the roof. i am very excited as well. but porter is also ageing just as bell is. if wake performs to the standards the FO has them at, will wake be porter's replacement soon.

And last, Eric Green. Im still not comfortable with Green starting opposite Allen. and also not comfortable with the fact that Green's competition for the starting job is none other than Jason Allen. I see the FO grabbing a CB with the first round pick and having the rookie who is drafted start opposite will allen. and slide green down to slot and have jason allen after. i would much rather that. or maybe green second string and the rookie third. i just want jason allen on the field as little as possible. but the receiving cores that we have to face the season are very scary. lee evans alone was a phin killer. now TO and Evans. thats not gonna be fun. and thats just the bills.

Now to wrap this up. Unlike alot of ppl on this forum, i am very happy of what the FO has done so far this off-season. except the Bodden thing. if eric green's contract is near bodden's i will not be happy. but besides that. the FO didnt get into any bidding wars for players and they have spent their money well to this point. the draft is in a month and a couple of days and i am overjoyed about what is in the future for the new miami dolphins. we are no longer in the group of atrocious teams that noone wants to watch in the NFL. and one last thing. PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! BILL. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE US!!!

The Dolphins tried to sign Bodden and McFadden but they went elsewhere. As for the Green contract it is going to be more because Bodden received the veteran minimum and Greens deal is a multi year deal. I would like to see Green opposite of Allen and the rookie we draft in the slot or the rookie we draft opposite of Allen and Green in the slot.

The Dolphins tried to sign Bodden and McFadden but they went elsewhere. As for the Green contract it is going to be more because Bodden received the veteran minimum and Greens deal is a multi year deal. I would like to see Green opposite of Allen and the rookie we draft in the slot or the rookie we draft opposite of Allen and Green in the slot.

kinda what i said.

i dont like green to much either... i really dont understand it.. but i have faith in the FO

Bodden's taking a big chance that he plays great and in an uncapped year he makes off with the ATM machine, the armoured truck and the bank as well.

The FO has done a great job and I can't wait for the draft to unfold as they put some finishing touches on this defense.

don't sell Jason short. he's still on the roster for a reason & the guy has alll the tools to be an shut-down corner. maybe he'll bring it on in 09. let them compete

don't sell Jason short. he's still on the roster for a reason & the guy has alll the tools to be an shut-down corner. maybe he'll bring it on in 09. let them compete

how many more chances does jason allen get?

If the fins draft a rookie look for it to be in the 3rd round someone who they can develope. the signing of eric green dictacted that IMHO.

I really dont know what people were expecting of the FO to do this off-season, other than find, cheap, relieable players to come in and do a job. I mean people had us pegged to sign the big money players like Suggs, Scott, Brown, Gross and others. But this FO dont seem to want to get into bidding wars and overpay for players.

The Fins are going to build through the draft. I agree a CB will be selected high, along with an OLB and maybe NT/WR. I would personally be very surprised to see a Safety in the high rounds but you never know, if someone like Chung or Johnson drop to us in the 3rd round then the FO may well pull the trigger on them.

If the fins draft a rookie look for it to be in the 3rd round someone who they can develope. the signing of eric green dictacted that IMHO.
I think that the signing of Green dictates that the FO can take the best available player (other than QB) in the 1st. I seriously doubt they take an OL, but who knows now. It just provides flexibility and options, something the FO has preached since day one.

I still think we need another CB to compete. Some people are saying dont bring in Lucas. WHY NOT? if we can get him at a decent deal then he can compet for the starting job. If we have allen and lucas then green 3rd i'd be ok with that.
I cant wait to see what Cam Wake can do in teh NFl. He has changed ALOT since his 1st stint in the NFL. He in mo opinion will be a beast and make us smile when he and Porter crush the QB together.:hi5:

Ok. I am just wondering what rolls these guys will have not just this year, but seasons following.

First of, gibril wilson. i know he was brought in this year to fill hill's spot at FS (which i am exstatic about. hill was the worst part of our secondary last year). but since bell is into his 30's, will we pick up a real FS in this years draft or next years draft and then slide wilson over to SS? (since SS is where he plays his best).

I will kick in My two sense:

Wilson and Bell play similar games... Aggressive hard hitting safeties... Wilson is a tackiling machine and we were very sloppy in that department last year. This is a big upgrade but the coaches are going to need to make sure these two stay disciplined and dont bite on play action... Teams will be looking to bait them on a run first approach... Think you are gonna see these two lay some people out though... Should be fun. Definitely going to look for safety depth in the draft. JMO.

Next, Cameron Wake. The hype for this guy is through the roof. i am very excited as well. but porter is also ageing just as bell is. if wake performs to the standards the FO has them at, will wake be porter's replacement soon.

I think for the future they would love it if he could bloom into a Porter clone. but for the right now... He is freakishly athletic and played extremely well in the space afforded him on the CFL field. Again I think coaching plays a huge role in this... Nobody really knows what we have here but the POTENTIAL is indeed 'through the roof'... I think the coaches cant wait to get their hands on him.

And last, Eric Green. Im still not comfortable with Green starting opposite Allen. and also not comfortable with the fact that Green's competition for the starting job is none other than Jason Allen. I see the FO grabbing a CB with the first round pick and having the rookie who is drafted start opposite will allen. and slide green down to slot and have jason allen after. i would much rather that. or maybe green second string and the rookie third. i just want jason allen on the field as little as possible. but the receiving cores that we have to face the season are very scary. lee evans alone was a phin killer. now TO and Evans. thats not gonna be fun. and thats just the bills.

I'm was not very pleased about the Green signing either but I can pretty much guarantee that they are not counting on a rookie starting opposite Allen. Green is younger, does have experience and skills but has yet to put it all together consistently. Once again here comes the common theme. COACHING. The fact is... even though I don't love what I have seen in Green... the Trifecta has forgotten more about football than I will ever know. BP has a track record for evaluating talent (not without his missteps) but I think we need to leave this one in their capable hands. In the meantime most of us fans are not going to sleep well with our sched.

Now to wrap this up. Unlike alot of ppl on this forum, i am very happy of what the FO has done so far this off-season. except the Bodden thing. if eric green's contract is near bodden's i will not be happy. but besides that. the FO didnt get into any bidding wars for players and they have spent their money well to this point. the draft is in a month and a couple of days and i am overjoyed about what is in the future for the new miami dolphins. we are no longer in the group of atrocious teams that noone wants to watch in the NFL. and one last thing. PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! BILL. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE US!!!

I agree with you... When people were lamenting us not signing any names I was busy lamenting that they were constantly glossing over the fact that chemistry is KEY. We resigned some key components and kept the bulk of last years group together. I really think this has been underrated... They have not thrown money around like drunken sailors and they are committing to building for the long haul...

Though we may even take a small step back this year in terms of our record I believe we will still be making a huge leap forward in the talent base... The pressure is really on them to have another draft like last year... Can't wait! :up:

how many more chances does jason allen get?

None at Safety . . . unless the injuries pile up like they did in 2007. But technically, this is his first time heading into the offseason and into camp with a true position . . . Cornerback.

I think Green comes in as the favorite for the nickel . . . . Jason Allen will either start opposite of Will Allen . . . or be cut.

Remember, Will Allen is in his last year of his deal . . . . we need CBs, and we need competition. Don't sell Jason short, he has some man cover CB skills. Leave him on the outside and let him guard whoever they put out there.

None at Safety . . . unless the injuries pile up like they did in 2007. But technically, this is his first time heading into the offseason and into camp with a true position . . . Cornerback.

I think Green comes in as the favorite for the nickel . . . . Jason Allen will either start opposite of Will Allen . . . or be cut.

Remember, Will Allen is in his last year of his deal . . . . we need CBs, and we need competition. Don't sell Jason short, he has some man cover CB skills. Leave him on the outside and let him guard whoever they put out there.

so let me get this straight. jason allen is either good enough to start or will just be let go. how is that? you cant say he will be on both sides of the spectrum. if he is good enough to start, but doesnt end up starting, why wouldnt he just be a nickel back? this makes no sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom