Fiedler Me This, Fiedler Me That | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler Me This, Fiedler Me That

Originally posted by dolfan87

Jay had been with the team since early in the year. Chan and Dave had several mini camps, and a couple of weeks of T.C. to watch Jay in practice.

See the problem here is that you think they should have made a decision on Jay by that one game, when Dave and Chan based it on weeks of practice.

So, now you are saying that Dave made the decision when they were practicing in shells and not pads?

Jay didn't even have a full week of training camp. He missed every preseason game up until the last game against the Saints. Huard was there, everyday, working his butt off in practice, learning the new offense. He was the one that was out there going to war with the rest of the offense. Was Huard good? Hell no, but he sure as crap got screwed out of a position that was rightfully his.

And had they started Huard instead, I would be wanting to replace Huard right now just as I want Jay replaced.

The funny thing is, as hated as Jay Fiedler is right now, that is how loved his replacement will be. The four years that Jay will have been the starter for Miami will have dumbed down the position so badly that any ability in the player that replaces Jay will seem like a revelation.

I don't think there are too many "prototypical" QB's in the league. Everyone who thinks that your QB has to be 6'4" & 230 lbs is kidding themselves. Look @ Ryan Leaf!

Successful QB's are the ones that are smart & are accurate. They can manage the game & complete passes w/o turning the ball over. I think Fiedler is a smart QB, but I think he lacks accuracy & arm strength & this is why he gets knocked around. He does the best he can w/ what limited tools he has, but shouldn't be considered in the top half of the league in QB's.

dolphinator and kb .. at this point i think more of fthefish than i do you guys ..you have no real argument but like a child who doesnt get his way you both continue to post the same stupid crap!!I would hope that at least in the end you would take some of your energy and put it to good instead of bashing your starting q.b what a couple dinguses!!!!!

The only reason this idea of a managed quarterback is even an idea at this point is because the league is so bare of talent at this position.

Guys like Jay Fiedler would have never gotten a second look back when John Elway, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Warren Moon, a young Drew Bledsoe, Troy Aikman, and Steve Young were slinging the ball around. You can even go back to guys like Ken O'Brien and Jay Schroeder. Doug Williams.

Now, you have Farve, Manning, and Warner that are legitimate franchise signal callers. Donovan McNabb is close, and Daunte Culpepper is close. The rest of the league is a bunch of QBs that have to be put into a particular system to succeed. There are some that have a lot of ability (Aaron Brooks and Kerry Collins) that would probably be top 10 QBs on other teams. Then there are the Jay Fiedler's and John Kitna's who will limit any offense they run.

I've got no problem with the team. I see a potentially great team that is limited by their QB position.

Again, accuracy isn't about completion percentage. It is about putting the ball in a place that the receiver can catch without breaking his stride.

Fiedler throws a lot of jump balls, passes that are behind the receivers, passes that the receivers have to lay out for or do some other contortion of their body to catch. He RARELY hits a receiver in dead stride. All those poorly thrown passes that the receivers catch pump up his completion percentage, but it doesn't reflect his accuracy.

The dink and dunk style of offense that was run last year also helps pump that up.

in 6 or 7 games in Jacksonville a few years ago Jay had like 62% comp. in all honesty i don't know what kind of offense they were running, do you? That is a serious question, not a "test of knowledge".....I'm pretty sure it wasn't the same game plan we were running last year tho.

It was very close to the same type of gameplan.

Tom Coughlin and Chan Gailey come from the same school of offensive philosophy. They both have a lot of the Tom Landry Dallas Cowboys offensive philosophy in their game plans.

Gailey likes a lot more 4 WR sets, but is that out of perssonel or design? Jax really could have had a juggernaught type O if all were healthy.

In reponse to the arguement that Huard lost his rightful starting QB job, I beleve this had a lot to do with it. In the previous 3 preseason games, Huard had no touchdowns. Fiedler did throw 3 picks, but he also put it in the endzone a few times. Dolphinators, no offense here, but you have a very weak argument on this topic. EVERY QB throws picks. When you have no running game, the opposing defense watches the pass that much harder. How much easier do you think it is to pick off a ball when you know a pass is coming? I'm a DB, so I can tell you first hand. If I know a pass is coming, I don't have concentrate on the run and can put all my attention on the receiver and the QB's eyes. The chance for an INT goes up about 50% in those cases.

Also, don't give me that crap that he can't beat playoff teams. Fiedler single handedly beat Oakland. The first game against the Pats, Fiedler whipped them pretty good. Fiedler himself had a decent game against the Rams, the defense is what lost it. The last 7 games, only 4 picks, who were those last 7 opponents? San Fran, NE, Atlanta(in the playoff hunt until the end), and Denver were the tougher opponents. To blame Fielder for any loss besides the Jets is ignorant.

While I agree that Fiedlers comp. % is a little pumped up, it is not as bad as KB makes it to be. Yes, he forces the WRs to make some acrobatic catches sometimes, but he also makes some pretty decent throws. Best example I can think of off the top of my head was the first TD to C. CHambers in the Denver game. Lets just Fiedler the credit he deserves.

Originally posted by fthefish11
I don't think there are too many "prototypical" QB's in the league. Everyone who thinks that your QB has to be 6'4" & 230 lbs is kidding themselves. Look @ Ryan Leaf!

Successful QB's are the ones that are smart & are accurate. They can manage the game & complete passes w/o turning the ball over. I think Fiedler is a smart QB, but I think he lacks accuracy & arm strength & this is why he gets knocked around. He does the best he can w/ what limited tools he has, but shouldn't be considered in the top half of the league in QB's.

Without question,Fiedler is a smart QB. His accuracy will improve with more game experience. i.e., the 2nd half of last year. As far as arm strenght, he works out in the off-season and this year he`ll be stronger than last year. He`ll do well this season........watch.

Well, screw it.

I like Jay Fiedler. That's my opinion. KB thinks he is a terrible QB, who has no arm, and no accuracy...fine.

KB, tell me, if Jay Fiedler is standing next to a Super Bowl trophy in January, and threw 21-32 for 321 yards, 1 pick and 3 TD's...will you still come on this board and tell us how terrible he is?

Of course I would.

I just don't have to worry about that ever happening. Because this team isn't going to the Superbowl with Jay Fiedler, the no arm mistake proned QB as the starting QB.

Back
Top Bottom