FIFA Women's World Cup Canada 2015 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FIFA Women's World Cup Canada 2015

Megan Rapinoe!!! 3-1! And Morgan looking fine as always!

That goal gave me a freedom boner. Australia, you've just been liberated.

america-boner.gif

Rapinoe will be out against Sweden with two yellows, not good. :-/

Australia came out fast and aggressive and Solo made some great saves until we settled in. Rapinoe has incredible skills, great game by her. Lloyd was pretty much invisible but Laroux played a very good game with Rapinoe on the left side. Wambach looked a little rusty but still had chances. Liked the intensity from the newbie defender Julie Johnston. All around, good stuff once we started playing our game.

Next up: Sweden and our old coach, Sundhage. Should be a good one.

June 12th: USA vs Sweden @ 8pm ET.

*Also looking forward to seeing Morgan start soon. Now that she's 100% healthy and once she's back in game shape I see no reason why she shouldn't get the nod.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man what a great game between Sweden and Nigeria. Back and forth with scoring. Im loving these Nigerian babes, they have awesome feet and sklls.

Recorded the earlier games and just started this one. Then Camaroon vs Ecuador followed by Japan vs Switzerland tonight.

What a swing in the second half of the SWE vs NGA game with Nigeria scoring back to back goals in the 50' & 53'. Still watching at the 55' mark. Good game.

What a goal at the 87'. "Megged" the goalie!.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me know your thoughts from CAM ECU game, i dont have it recorded and missed it watching Rapinoe show.

Also of note: The yellow card on Rapinoe was weak. Looked to me as though De Vanna lost her footing and Rapinoe was simply tracking her from behind. Foul, yes. Card, no.

Just started the Cameroon vs Ecuador game.

Weak sauce big time. There is speculation she'll take another yellow in group stages to reset it for final stages, if we beat Sweden. I was wrong, she will play in the next match.

Let me know your thoughts from CAM ECU game, i dont have it recorded and missed it watching Rapinoe show.

As with most teams, the first match is always filled with jitters. It was even more apparent in this matchup as it was the first appearance in the FWWC for both countries. Both played a little frantic but both had some chances early and didn't capitalize. Ecuador was able to keep pace until Cameroon began to dominate the game and finished the first half with 3 goals in the last 10 minutes and Ecuador seemed to tire. Cameroon continued to control the game in the second half and Ecuador's demise came in the 66' with a red card. After that they seemed deflated and Cameroon easily came away with the win and put in three more goals.

Cameroon looks like a team with some promise or at the least they won't be a pushover. Enganamouit is a very capable striker, as obvious by her hat trick. Although concerning Ecuador's defense... well they didn't really play defense as they failed on numerous occasions to mark players and lacked communication in many facets of their game.

So of the african nations, Cameroon impressed, Nigeria looked good, and CIV disappointed.

Im disappointed the Swiss lost to Japan. I know Lalas commented it was a clear penalty, I didnt think so. Japan looks in same shape as tgey did last time they won, but they are still weak as are otger Asian teams, Korea and China.

France disappointed today also. They have godd players but always underperform.

Im stll under Rapinoe spell a day later.

So of the african nations, Cameroon impressed, Nigeria looked good, and CIV disappointed.

Im disappointed the Swiss lost to Japan. I know Lalas commented it was a clear penalty, I didnt think so. Japan looks in same shape as tgey did last time they won, but they are still weak as are otger Asian teams, Korea and China.

France disappointed today also. They have godd players but always underperform.

Im stll under Rapinoe spell a day later.

I re-watched the Sweden vs Nigeria game today with the wifey and paid more attention this time. Nigeria looked really good. They've always been a fast team but now they've developed some very nice balls skills and passing attack. Stoked they tied Sweden giving us the only 3 point lead in our group thus far.

Just sat down to watch the France vs England game now.

Mexican midfielder Veronica Perez had a wicked bending goal vs Columbia.

[video=youtube;x7jXxsC8uqg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7jXxsC8uqg[/video]

Very disappointing game ofr the US women against Sweeden. Created maybe 1 or 2 chances. Looks like it may need to be Wambach full time and look for set pieces and crosses..
I thought Krieger sucked, Rapinoe was off, leroux was disappointing, and the young girl Bryan was non existant.
Julie Johnston was GREAT though

Back
Top Bottom