Film study of Miami Offense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Film study of Miami Offense

Good watch. I agree with Cosell, I prefer Bowe to the rest of the FA WRs as well. Can't wait for FA to start...

Thanks Ed, really great to hear what Cosell, always happy to hear what he has to say... him and Jaws are the best at giving you accurate information on individual players, and with all the film Cosell probably goes through each year, he could be as close to the truth as you will get from any of the so called experts,

I have no problem with any of the big three, but agree that Wallace is a one trick pony, maybe a one trick pony that will be effective with other routes here and there, but when it's all set and done, he is a speed guy that will try to get the homerun as much each game as possible. Bowe is scary, a very big and dominant player, but I don't know if his issues in KC is going to warm himself to coach Phibin, so I think Miami will end up taking Jennings if physically he proves to be healthy.

Yea this is the icing on the cake to why I am 100% against pursuing Wallace. Makes no sense to pay Wallace $10mil when you can find his exact limited to stretch the field production in the 2nd or 3rd round with a Wheaton, Austin, or Goodwin. He said he sees Jennings and Bowe as similar with 9nlu giving Bowe the height advantage but I give Jennings the advantage because of familiarity with our system and probably the better mentor along with Bess to mentor our draft picks.

Thanks Ed, really great to hear what Cosell, always happy to hear what he has to say... him and Jaws are the best at giving you accurate information on individual players, and with all the film Cosell probably goes through each year, he could be as close to the truth as you will get from any of the so called experts,

I have no problem with any of the big three, but agree that Wallace is a one trick pony, maybe a one trick pony that will be effective with other routes here and there, but when it's all set and done, he is a speed guy that will try to get the homerun as much each game as possible. Bowe is scary, a very big and dominant player, but I don't know if his issues in KC is going to warm himself to coach Phibin, so I think Miami will end up taking Jennings if physically he proves to be healthy.

What issues did Bowe have in KC are you referring to?

What issues did Bowe have in KC are you referring to?

I meant as well as his dropped passes problem, according to some stories a while back I read, he has been a head case for a while now in KC, not just the last couple of years, not getting along with teammates, some nightlife incidents, I believe also possible pot smoking....not too sure what his deal has been, or how accurate, and if it was me, even though I think getting Jennings is the best move for the Dolphins to grow as a receiving group, and not individual receivers, I would love to have Bowe, but if it's true all the things that have been written, there is no way Phibin would want a receiver that could be another Marshall in every way.

I meant as well as his dropped passes problem, according to some stories a while back I read, he has been a head case for a while now in KC, not just the last couple of years, not getting along with teammates, some nightlife incidents, I believe also possible pot smoking....not too sure what his deal has been, or how accurate, and if it was me, even though I think getting Jennings is the best move for the Dolphins to grow as a receiving group, and not individual receivers, I would love to have Bowe, but if it's true all the things that have been written, there is no way Phibin would want a receiver that could be another Marshall in every way.

The last time Bowe was reported to be "head case" was in 2009 when Todd Haley threatened to bench him for his lack of work ethic and coming to camp overweight. Since that time Bowe has been the consumate teammate. Here is what Matt Cassel had to say about Bowe.
“People think Dwayne Bowe is one of those diva wide receivers, a loud-mouthed guy and all that,” quarterback Matt Cassel said. “But that’s not what he is at all. If you go around this locker room and talk to everyone, not one guy would say they have a problem with Dwayne Bowe and the manner he goes about his business.

“That’s the thing about Dwayne. A lot of people only see him on game day. He likes to have fun. He might do a touchdown celebration where he points to the back of his jersey and do all that. But that’s just for show. He’s not one of those guys who comes back to the huddle screaming for the ball or cussing people out. He’s respectful to players. He’s respectful to coaches. He’s not one of those guys that talks back. He just gets his work done. And then on Sunday, you know what? It’s OK to have some fun.”

Yes Bowe has had problems with dropped passes but then again...a lot of the top receivers have problems dropping passes from time to time. I think some fans make a bigger deal out of dropped passes than they should. Mike Wallace dropped four passes in one game. Jimmy Graham led the league in dropped passes with 13. Bowe dropped 5 passes last season.

The last time Bowe was reported to be "head case" was in 2009 when Todd Haley threatened to bench him for his lack of work ethic and coming to camp overweight. Since that time Bowe has been the consumate teammate. Here is what Matt Cassel had to say about Bowe.

Yes Bowe has had problems with dropped passes but then again...a lot of the top receivers have problems dropping passes from time to time. I think some fans make a bigger deal out of dropped passes than they should. Mike Wallace dropped four passes in one game. Jimmy Graham led the league in dropped passes with 13. Bowe dropped 5 passes last season.

I personally have no problem with Bowe, my deal is will Philbin have a problem with him? who knows, If what you write is true, Philbin meets him, and like him, maybe he comes down.....of the three, the only one that I would be only ok with, but not extremely excited about is Wallace, talented as he may be, he really does not fit the WCO as well as the other two could. I want Miami to find the right fit receiver, not the so called most talanted.

I personally have no problem with Bowe, my deal is will Philbin have a problem with him? who knows, If what you write is true, Philbin meets him, and like him, maybe he comes down.....of the three, the only one that I would be only ok with, but not extremely excited about is Wallace, talented as he may be, he really does not fit the WCO as well as the other two could. I want Miami to find the right fit receiver, not the so called most talanted.

I'm not sure how you come to this conclusion. If Desean Jackson can fit the Andy Reid version of the WCO, why can't Wallace fit the Philbin/Sherman version of the WCO? Wallace spent last year in Todd Haley's short timing based offense and was still able to produce. In the long run, playing in that offfense should help him adapt to any type of offense, including Philbin/Sherman version of the WCO.

I'm not sure how you come to this conclusion. If Desean Jackson can fit the Andy Reid version of the WCO, why can't Wallace fit the Philbin/Sherman version of the WCO? Wallace spent last year in Todd Haley's short timing based offense and was still able to produce. In the long run, playing in that offfense should help him adapt to any type of offense, including Philbin/Sherman version of the WCO.

West Coast offense relies on timing, precision route running, and Wallace even though did not do horribly, his bread and butter was still the deep ball. Players like Desean Jackson and Wallace can be used in a west coast offense, but you will never get from them what you will from a player of the same level that can run better timing routes, and think better on their feet. With enough work you can hammer a round peg in a square hole, but do you really want to do that, when you have a chance at square pegs.

I have faith in what I heard from Cosell. I just do not believe that Mike Wallace is a player you want to build a receiving core around. I am not a fan of Bowe, but I will defer to the evaluation I just heard. I am hoping that we stay away from Wallace and that we sign either Bowe or Jennings.

I have faith in what I heard from Cosell. I just do not believe that Mike Wallace is a player you want to build a receiving core around. I am not a fan of Bowe, but I will defer to the evaluation I just heard. I am hoping that we stay away from Wallace and that we sign either Bowe or Jennings.

I second this. Mike Wallace's skill set/occasional bomb can be had very cheap in the 2nd round in Terrence Wheaton or Tavon Austin, or in the 3rd in Markus Goodwin. No need to spend $10mil on a Mike Wallace when you can grab Jennings for less than that, be a better fit to be a go to veteran guy and a cheaper Mike Wallace in the 2nd or 3rd round. :)

Lucky for us many of you won't be deciding on what Wallace can and can't do in this offense. His route running is fine and at 26 is something you can absolutely teach. His playmaking ability more than makes up for average route running. Resign Hartline and you have yourself a player every bit as capable as Jennings or Bowe, and much younger/cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom