Fin Fans NOT Wanting Fisher | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fin Fans NOT Wanting Fisher

Hayden Fox

Is it Sunday yet?
Club Member
Reaction score
The fans that do not want Fisher is it based on merit OR is it they are trying to be ahead of curve so not feel jilted if he goes to the Rams?

I like Fisher a lot. Best coach on the market IMO. He is a leader of men and will give us much needed credibility. I will feel disappointed, but not feel scorned if he choose the Rams.

Fin Fans have had a lot of disappointment in the last 20 years or so. I wonder how much of that gets involved when looking at prospective coaches?

The fans that do not want Fisher is it based on merit OR is it they are trying to be ahead of curve so not feel jilted if he goes to the Rams?

I like Fisher a lot. Best coach on the market IMO. He is a leader of men and will give us much needed credibility. I will feel disappointed, but not feel scorned if he choose the Rams.

Fin Fans have had a lot of disappointment in the last 20 years or so. I wonder how much of that gets involved when looking at prospective coaches?

I dont know if its a case of not wanting Fisher, he would be huge improvement from Sparano, as of it more being a case of rather having someone else. If we wind up with Fisher i wont be disappointed. Hell, look what we've had to put up with the past decade. I think too many people see it being either black and white. They have their number one choice and by default everyone else sucks

For me I feel he is a solid pick and a safe pick. I don't think we will regret taking him, I also don't think he is going to be leading us to the promised land anytime soon.

I don't want safe and solid. I would rather fail but take a chance then fail and be safe. Don't give me prevent defense, give me the blitz.

Some say he utilized his teams strengths. Well that is true, but what does that say when he never tried to adapt to the new age of Football? This is what Made Parcells a huge mistake. Brilliant coach and GM in the 90's.

It's a new age and a coach who simply plays to the strengths will do nothing when you have the NE Patriots/ Saints and Packers.

We need a coach who is willing to adapt, change and not stick with what he knows. Give me a coach that understands it's the 2000's.

Solid choice but if he goes elsewhere I'm not going to get my panties in a wad. He doesn't come with any guarantees.

I still think he ends up with the Rams, but I hope fans do not want him for legit on the field reasons. Some have made good arguments in that regard. However, some seem like they do not want him because they "know" he will be a Ram and do not want to feel jilted.

Be confident Fin Fans! Hope this team finds a leader of men and one that can give appropriate direction for the organization.

For me (and I assume many out there), it's a tough thing question to answer. He definately is much better than Tony, but is he good enough to get us to the superbowl? From everything I read on him and base on his track record, I think he gets us to be probably a borderline playoff team every year, but I really don't think good enough to challenge for the superbowl. So yes, he'd make us better, but is that the goal or is it to find someone who can get us to the SB? Everyone else is an unknown outcome, so it's settle for a know good coach, or gamble on someone else who MIGHT be great?

Not about being jilted. You kidding me, after all the crap we have been through as fans to this franchise over last few years.. I am numb to decisions made internal or external.. I want a HC that is hungry and actually wants to be here (That is not Fisher). Give an unknown a shot and see what happens (Hint: Philbin/Chud, etc..) Don't want to hear that "Look what happened when we gave an unknown a shot"... Example Sparano/Cameron.. Those guys did nothing to warrant a head coaching position at that time.. Yes...you can say the same with Philbin for sure but I gurantee you.. With him comes Flynn and I am willing to roll that dice all day long

I dont know if its a case of not wanting Fisher, he would be huge improvement from Sparano, as of it more being a case of rather having someone else. If we wind up with Fisher i wont be disappointed. Hell, look what we've had to put up with the past decade. I think too many people see it being either black and white. They have their number one choice and by default everyone else sucks
I agree he would be a huge improvement over Sparano, but that isn't saying much. I look at his overall body of work and say we would do better going with someone that will play football in this decade. his winning percentage is not good.Smash mouth football is not the way to win now. If you are not willing to spread the field and throw on a regular basis you will be left on the outside watching the playoffs every year. I would much rather go with someone willing to open up the offense

I wouldn't be upset with Fisher, but I've wanted Chud all along.

Merit.

Jeff Fisher is a fine coach, but i dont believe he is a good fit for us. His philosophies aren't that different then what we had, his history cant be considered outstanding, grabbing him in no way guarantees we would fix our biggest weakness(quarterback), and i would not look forward to rebuilding a defense to his preference after we spent 4 years building it into a 3-4.

All in all i want someone who could coach up a quarterback and be hungry for a title. Barring that, id live with someone who has shown he can adapt to different situations.

I don't think it's about being jilted in very many cases at all. If you read whats been posted in theses replys I think it comes down to if you believe,with his offensive philosophy, he will be able to take us to a Superbowl win or if we will look more like a contender but not be able to get it done come playoff time.

i just dont see him coming here as an improvment. mabey one game a year improvement, just isnt enough to me. but its just my opinion

I *badly* wanted Harbaugh last year, I don't *badly* want Fisher this year. If Fisher becomes the coach, I will accept it. Though, if he really feels that St. Louis is a better option than Miami (talent-wise, not egotistical control the front-office wise), then I probably don't want the guy.

Besides, I wouldn't mind an offensive guy that helps me to forget Cam Cameron.

For me I feel he is a solid pick and a safe pick. I don't think we will regret taking him, I also don't think he is going to be leading us to the promised land anytime soon.

I don't want safe and solid. I would rather fail but take a chance then fail and be safe. Don't give me prevent defense, give me the blitz.

Some say he utilized his teams strengths. Well that is true, but what does that say when he never tried to adapt to the new age of Football? This is what Made Parcells a huge mistake. Brilliant coach and GM in the 90's.

It's a new age and a coach who simply plays to the strengths will do nothing when you have the NE Patriots/ Saints and Packers.

We need a coach who is willing to adapt, change and not stick with what he knows. Give me a coach that understands it's the 2000's.

very well said..

Back
Top Bottom