Fin_Frenzy_84 Mock Draft (Updated 2-17-13)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Fin_Frenzy_84, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Fin_Frenzy_84

Fin_Frenzy_84 Starter

Cut-
    Dimitri Patterson
    Dan Carpenter

That would leave us between 45-50 million!

Re-Sign-
    Randy Starks DE
    Chris Clemons FS
    Nate Garner OT
    Pat Davlin QB

Free Agents-
    Greg Jennings WR
    Andy Levitre OG
    Martellus Bennett TE
    Michael Bennett DE
    Derek Cox CB

Draft-
    1st- Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee
    2nd- Johnthan Banks CB Miss St.
    2nd- Kyle Long OT Oregon
    3rd- Cornellius Carradine DE Florida St.
    3rd- Stedman Bailey WR West Virginia
    4th- Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB
    5th-Reid Fragel OT Ohio St.
    6th- Omoregie Uzzi OG Georgia Tech
    7th- George Winn RB Cincinnati

Key UFA- Collin Klein QB

Offense-

QB- Tannehill/Devlin/Klein
    RB-Miller/Thomas/Thigpen/Winn
    FB-Lane
    WR-Jennings/Patterson/Bess/Bailey/Matthews
    TE-Bennett/Clay/Egnew
    LT-Martin or Long
    LG-Levitre
    C-Pouncey
    RG-Incognito
    RT-Martin or Long

Defense-

DE-Bennett/Carradine
    DT-Solai/Odrick
    DT-Starks/Randall
    DE-Wake/Vernon
    OLB-Misi
    ILB-Dansby
    OLB-Burnett
    CB-Cox/Marshall/Banks/Wreh-Wilson
    SS-Jones
    FS-Clemons

2. Fin Thirteen

Fin Thirteen FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

So we're also cutting Fasano, Long, Smith and some others?

at first, I thought it was overkill on the culling of our current players, but when you look at the final roster, it's pretty impressive. You need a kicker tho! Pick up a UDFA?

3. Fin_Frenzy_84

Fin_Frenzy_84 Starter

Yes I was thinking just pick up one in the UDFA!

I really like Long but main problem with him has been injuries in the past and he does not fit the West Coast so I would not throw big money at him. If we let him walk then we would have enough money for a couple of key free agents. Smith is extremely overrated and gets burned quite a bit! Fasano can be upgraded this year, we may have to spend a little more money but time to get some speed on this offense!

4. Fintastic17

Fintastic17 A True Fan

I really like this but I honestly can't under any circumstances see Bailey making it to the 3rd round. Maybe switch him to the 2b slot and draft BPA T at 3b. I absolutely love the Patterson, Bailey, Jennings combo and would make it my first priority to get that done. Love the Banks pick, and havent looked too much into Wreh-Wilson but have seen his name thrown around on here a bit. Also love the idea of the Bennett Bros. I guess what I'm saying is I would take a loan out to buy season tix if our offseason went like this lol. Good Job

5. kvado16

kvado16 A True Fan

Banks wont fall to the 2nd

6. Phinsfan93

Phinsfan93 A True Fan

Now that I look at it, taking Patterson with Jennings makes no sense. Both are possession receivers although Patterson will give you YAC. Patterson and Mike Wallace makes more sense.

7. Fin_Frenzy_84

Fin_Frenzy_84 Starter

Im just looking at CBS projections, I really believe he wont but just going off projections.

8. Kevlared

Kevlared Well-Known Member

on espn, wilson is ranked 20th overall, and cbs has him like 112 or something. it will be interesting to see where he goes, as well as here other scouts opinions.

9. Chubby

Chubby SUPERFAN

I do not see a way we sign Jennings and still Draft a 1st round WR.

10. Fin_Frenzy_84

Fin_Frenzy_84 Starter

How can you not see that? We had absolutely no receivers last year. Its a huge need!

11. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

It's the only way to revamp the weakest spot on our squad. I'm with this mock, but idk about Banks falling. Maybe he does though :ponder:

12. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

I love that draft, but it might be a little too optimistic. I think Banks will move up, likely to top 15, when all is said and done. Big, physical corners won't last long in the draft. Bailey might not get past R2. But, if all that happened this would be a huge haul for Miami.

13. insomnia411

insomnia411 The world is yours

Lol that would be an amazing off season but I think you're being a little too optimistic. I doubt that we land all of those free agents and I seriously doubt Bailey will fall that far in the draft.

14. Fin_Frenzy_84

Fin_Frenzy_84 Starter

If we only resign Starks and Clemons then we could easily sign all those FA... As for Bailey pretty much everywhere I seen has him going third.

15. Chubby

Chubby SUPERFAN

Its not that I dont want it, its just I dont have faith in Ireland to do it. I mean we did trade away Marshall and enter the last season with average WR's. We did trade away our #1 CB and played most of the season with backup to backups at CB.

Why would I think Ireland is really going to pick up a Big FA WR and then draft a #1 WR. I honestly feel it will be either or not both.
    Chubbs

16. Fin_Frenzy_84

Fin_Frenzy_84 Starter

Reason I think it will happen because he knows he needs to get playmakers around Tannehill! If he doesn't then he will be unemployed soon

17. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

An Offensive Lineman isn't going to get in the end zone.. Playmakers are rare and when you get a chance to pick one up you take it. We did the 'build the trenches' game and all it gave us was an untalented and slow team. Take a shot and let's score some points for once.

18. Fin_Frenzy_84

Fin_Frenzy_84 Starter

I agree we need playmakers but it all starts from the line! Our line is very solid but if we let Jake walk, then we need to spend some money in free agency or use a high pick on a replacement! If we dont then you will see what I mean next year

19. Digital

Digital Starter

I like much of what I see, but I'm not sure I understand you. So our CB's would be Carroll, Cox and 3 rookies? That's a bold move for a team like ours that was led by its defense and only has 1 pass rusher. Similarly you are letting Jake Long walk and replacing him with a raw prospect (Kyle Long) who by all accounts is a couple of year or so away from starting (because he played another sport) and a little older? He's unlikely to be ready to play RT and no way he can play LT. For that matter it's banking on a massive improvement from Jonathan Martin for him to play LT competently.

Your offseason plan is certainly enticing, and I absolutely love the Levitre, Jennings pickups and your getting good talent with your draft. But, next year you're setting yourself up to get fired as the GM, because our CB situation will give up a lot of plays and expose our weak pass rush. Our OT situation will neutralize our passing game. I might suggesting tweaking something somewhere to get a solution at LT and either DE or CB. I must say though, very good individual items in your plan, so it's not an overhaul, just a tweak IMHO.

20. Fin_Frenzy_84

Fin_Frenzy_84 Starter

There is not 3 rookie CB! We would still have Marshall who is still very solid but was obviously injured last year. Banks is a very good prospect and could come in and make a instant impact but he is a rookie so I agree with you he has a chance to be a bust like all rookies.
    Regardless our secondary would be much better than last year with this team and not just because of the talent in the secondary but also because we added some very solid pass rushers. (Also how does my offseason plan still have a weak pass rush??? Bennett had 9 sacks and could shred opposite of Wake! Also we would have solid depth with our pass rushers with Vernon and Carradine)

As for Left Tackle I would love to sign one in free agency but the only person I see worth signing at tackle is Clady or Vollmer but they will most likely be tagged or resigned. So then you do the next best thing and sign a stud guard and draft a tackle early in the draft! People may say if thats the case then franchise or resign Long but honestly that would be pretty dumb! There is no point giving Long top tackle money since he does not fit the system!