Final 53 man roster | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final 53 man roster

Samphin

Dolphins Homer
Reaction score
Ok, I am doing this just on the fly here looking at the cuts. Hopefully I get all of this right. THIS IS NOT A DEPTH CHART. Make sure to correct me if I am wrong. I didn't see this posted anywhere so here goes:

QB:
1. Gus Frerotte
2. Sage Rosenfels
3. A.J. Feeley
HB:
4. Ronnie Brown
5. Sammy Morris
6. Jesse Chatman
7. Travis Minor
FB:
8. Heath Evans
WR:
9. Chris Chambers
10. Marty Booker
11. David Boston
12. Wes Welker
13. Bryan Gilmore
TE:
14. Randy McMichael
15. Lorenzo Diamond
16. Alex Holmes
OL:
17. Jeno James
18. Damien McIntosh
19. Seth McKinney
20. Rex Hadnot
21. Vernon Carey
22. Stockar McDougle
23. John St. Calir
24. Alonzo Ephraim
25. Anthony Alabi
DE:
26. Jason Taylor
27. Matt Roth
28. David Bowens
29. Kevin Carter
DT:
30. Keith Traylor
31. Josh Shaw
32. Manuel Wright
33. Jeff Zgonina
34. Vonnie Holliday
LB:
35. Junior Seau
36. Zach Thomas
37. Channing Crowder
38. Donnie Spragan
39. Eddie Morre
40. Derrick Pope
41. Jason Glenn
CB:
42. Sam Madison
43. Travis Daniels
44. Reggie Howard
45. Mario Edwards
46. Kris Richard
S:
47. Tebuckey Jones
48. Lance Schulters
49. Yeremiah Bell
50. Travares Tillman
K:
51. Olindo Mare
P:
52. Matt Turk
LS:
53: John Denney

Who am I missing? I know Ricky Williams isn't on here, but I thought he didn't cuont against the roster while suspended? After looking on the main board's roster, they say we still have Donnie Jones but I thought he was cut earlier today? Anyone have any info?

Edit: Nevermind. I had two 41's! :rolleyes:

Pretty much it. I would put RW in for Chatman once week 4 rolls around. Looks like these are the guys folks. Hang on, this is going to be a looooooooong season. :lol:

You're correct in that Ricky does not count while he is suspended.
Jones was cut. That surprised me since Saban had said that when a positional competition was even then he believed you should always go with the younger guy. This comment was made when referring to Perry vs. Denney as the LS. Though he made it sound like, imo, that he meant at any position. Jones was more than even vs. Turk in preseason. His approx 8 yard advantage in NET average is huge. To me, net average is the most important punting stat to look at.

well guys when ricky comes back i believe there going to let someone else go and i think it will be heath evans or travis minor??? also they offered a contract to peerless price{WR}. he has not accepted yet,probably we will know tomorrow!!!

madmike said:
well guys when ricky comes back i believe there going to let someone else go and i think it will be heath evans or travis minor??? also they offered a contract to peerless price{WR}. he has not accepted yet,probably we will know tomorrow!!!

Price signed with Dallas. Minor will probably be the odd man out when Ricky returns.

I don't understand why we signed Chatman to replace Gordon? You'd think Gordon is all around better back, but then again I don't know too much about this Chatman guy.

Gonk said:
I don't understand why we signed Chatman to replace Gordon? You'd think Gordon is all around better back, but then again I don't know too much about this Chatman guy.

Not even close. Chatman average 6 yards per carry last season and also can return kicks if needed. He led San Diego in Special Teams tackles as well. He is just a better all around player than Gordon. Plus, he is a battering ram.

Once Ricky comes back I think that Travis Minor is who we let go off and Price has signed with Dallas so other than maybe a couple signings, this looks like what our team is going to look like this season.

Philter25 said:
Pretty much it. I would put RW in for Chatman once week 4 rolls around. Looks like these are the guys folks. Hang on, this is going to be a looooooooong season. :lol:

Why?

Sans QB, that is at least AS talented a roster as New England's when they won their first Super Bowl.

...and don't say it's not. That particular team won it all with coaching and luck.

We have the coaching. But we also have the worst luck in the NFL.

Is that to say we will make the playoffs??? No. It's just talent to talent.

you know will poole is still on the PUP, im wondering if he will be healthy in time to play or we just end up putting him on IR. If he is healthy, who do you think we cut to make room for him?

I doubt Poole comes back this season. It would be sillyof Saban to allow it seeing how it is a whole new scheme to learn. However, if he did, I would say Richard or Edwards would be gone.

madmike said:

I don't see Minor as the automatic "next guy cut" when Ricky returns.

Alonzo Ephraim will be the odd man out when Ricky returns.

I think he is the first guy gone when and if we sign someone elses cuts as well.

Thenthing that surprised me most was that Thompson was placed on IR. I didn't even know he was hurt. I also hope we re-sign Chester at a reduced price.

Back
Top Bottom