25. Trent Murphy DE Stanford
26. Allen Robinson WR Penn State
27. Lamarcus Joyner DB FSU
28. Carlos Hyde RB Ohio State
29. Kelvin Benjamin WR FSU
30. Shayne Skov ILB Stanford
31. Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington
32. Gabe Jackson OG Mississippi State

#33 Jimmy Garoppolo QB Eastern Illinois I had a high 2nd round grade on him before the Shrine Practices, and believe he can be a pretty good starting quarterback. Just felt I had to include him

Last edited by a moderator:
I like these rankings a fair bit. Calvin Pryor is gonna be a flat out stud. I really like Denard too, think he's the clear cut top corner, but I'd be hard pressed to put him in my top 3 with his injury history. Same reason I'd struggle to put Pryor that high (although I'm tempted) because his style reminds me a lot of Bob Sanders, which may open him up to injuries. The one guy I have high that I don't see on either of your big boards is Hageman, what are your thoughts on him? I think he's the next Calais Campbell.

You probably won't see Tuitt in my top 32 tho.

I like these rankings a fair bit. Calvin Pryor is gonna be a flat out stud. I really like Denard too, think he's the clear cut top corner, but I'd be hard pressed to put him in my top 3 with his injury history. Same reason I'd struggle to put Pryor that high (although I'm tempted) because his style reminds me a lot of Bob Sanders, which may open him up to injuries. The one guy I have high that I don't see on either of your big boards is Hageman, what are your thoughts on him? I think he's the next Calais Campbell.

You probably won't see Tuitt in my top 32 tho.

Hageman is a freak athlete, but he disappears a lot in games, plays too high, and doesn't separate and disengage that well.

Hageman is a freak athlete, but he disappears a lot in games, plays too high, and doesn't separate and disengage that well.

I love that guy. I've been happy enough with his tape, maybe I've just watched his good ones. That explosion and length is right at the top in the class, if Jadaveon wasn't in there he'd probably be the most physically gifted. He's a top 15 guy to me, which is probably as high as you'll find. Big fan, Pryor is definitely my favorite tape, really fun guy to watch.

I love that guy. I've been happy enough with his tape, maybe I've just watched his good ones. That explosion and length is right at the top in the class, if Jadaveon wasn't in there he'd probably be the most physically gifted. He's a top 15 guy to me, which is probably as high as you'll find. Big fan, Pryor is definitely my favorite tape, really fun guy to watch.

No doubting his freak athleticism. Supposedly runs a 4.8 and can 360 dunk. I just think he is too risky in the 1st round or top 50 picks

No doubting his freak athleticism. Supposedly runs a 4.8 and can 360 dunk. I just think he is too risky in the 1st round or top 50 picks

Fair enough, I'm not even a freak athlete guy I generally have the same philosophy. I agree about his pad level, but I think his blend of length and athleticism is too impressive. I couldn't seriously take a guy like Tuitt over him because he doesn't have half the explosion I see from Hageman on tape. His production is good enough compared to other guys who seemingly find themselves in the top 10.

Fair enough, I'm not even a freak athlete guy I generally have the same philosophy. I agree about his pad level, but I think his blend of length and athleticism is too impressive. I couldn't seriously take a guy like Tuitt over him because he doesn't have half the explosion I see from Hageman on tape. His production is good enough compared to other guys who seemingly find themselves in the top 10.

I think Hageman is a 5 tech in a 3-4 only. And a 3 tech on the nickel package. As for Tuitt, he was recovering from a sports hernia during the beginning of the season, and gained some weight so he did lose some explosion, but I think he will get it back. His hand usage is pretty good.

I think Hageman is a 5 tech in a 3-4 only. And a 3 tech on the nickel package. As for Tuitt, he was recovering from a sports hernia during the beginning of the season, and gained some weight so he did lose some explosion, but I think he will get it back. His hand usage is pretty good.

I think he'd be great in the hybrid 3-4 that so many teams dial up. His best position is definitely 3-4 DE, but I think he could line up outside the RT in certain situations, I see a little Greg Hardy in him.

And ya I'm definitely being a little hard on Tuitt, gonna watch him a bit more. Right now a round 2 grade.

first off i applaud the fact that you are willing to put it out there and i'm sure you are also willing to defend your rankings if pressed with good insight...

having said that and i havent done as much work as you have but my thoughts are you are too low on khalil mack i think he's the most explosive edge burst and explosion guy in the class and has real strength in his hands...there's a lot to work with there at the next level imo...it wouldn't surprise me if he went in the top 5 top 10 at least and in front of anthony barr who i dont see the same level explosive edge quality from...if i'm looking for a top edge pass rush talent that's the guy in this class for me...

the brandon cooks take is interesting...that kids more quick twitch explosive than his teammate marcus wheaton was last year...a little rich for me though there

zach martin may be one of the 10 best guys in the class but since he projects at guard and it looks like he has somewhat short arms and will be drafted as such i think someone will get a hell of a player further down in round 1...there's no lack of strength there...he's like a fire hydrant...and he turns people in the run game...i'm a big fan of his game...underrated feet and move athlete projects like logan mankins to me...

i'm not that high on timmy jernigan i don't see it like that i'm not sure what i think of taylor lewan still ha ha clinton dix is not a top 20 bpa for me off what i have seen...

i think you are too low on jake mathews...his junior tape at right tackle was probably the best tackle tape i have seen just textbook imo he's the best looking tackle prospect in either of the last 2 classes...just flawless in a lot of ways...so to me straight bpa speaking he's the top player in the class...

i totally agree with bridgewater as the top qb his presnap reads are really good and he can throw with paste and accuracy rolling to his strong or weakside...good feet steps up in the pocket when he needs to should be able to add some good weight and i see high end intangibles there...would like to see him hit some more things from the pocket but again the reads are so good i expect like i do with tannehill that will come in time...imo teddy bridgewater won't beat you with bad decisions and poor reads...pocket qb slight build but his games not to contact so he can have a real shelf life...

trent murphy for me that's too high...i wonder if he's a maxed out guy already and i dont see anything that projects high end as a pro...a guy that can do a lot of things but none of em overly well kinda strikes me as a overachiever...but i want to take a little bit more of a look

anyways keep em coming...

first off i applaud the fact that you are willing to put it out there and i'm sure you are also willing to defend your rankings if pressed with good insight...

having said that and i havent done as much work as you have but my thoughts are you are too low on khalil mack i think he's the most explosive edge burst and explosion guy in the class and has real strength in his hands...there's a lot to work with there at the next level imo...it wouldn't surprise me if he went in the top 5 top 10 at least and in front of anthony barr who i dont see the same level explosive edge quality from...if i'm looking for a top edge pass rush talent that's the guy in this class for me...

the brandon cooks take is interesting...that kids more quick twitch explosive than his teammate marcus wheaton was last year...a little rich for me though there

zach martin may be one of the 10 best guys in the class but since he projects at guard and it looks like he has somewhat short arms and will be drafted as such i think someone will get a hell of a player further down in round 1...there's no lack of strength there...he's like a fire hydrant...and he turns people in the run game...i'm a big fan of his game...underrated feet and move athlete projects like logan mankins to me...

i'm not that high on timmy jernigan i don't see it like that i'm not sure what i think of taylor lewan still ha ha clinton dix is not a top 20 bpa for me off what i have seen...

i think you are too low on jake mathews...his junior tape at right tackle was probably the best tackle tape i have seen just textbook imo he's the best looking tackle prospect in either of the last 2 classes...just flawless in a lot of ways...so to me straight bpa speaking he's the top player in the class...

i totally agree with bridgewater as the top qb his presnap reads are really good and he can throw with paste and accuracy rolling to his strong or weakside...good feet steps up in the pocket when he needs to should be able to add some good weight and i see high end intangibles there...would like to see him hit some more things from the pocket but again the reads are so good i expect like i do with tannehill that will come in time...imo teddy bridgewater won't beat you with bad decisions and poor reads...pocket qb slight build but his games not to contact so he can have a real shelf life...

trent murphy for me that's too high...i wonder if he's a maxed out guy already and i dont see anything that projects high end as a pro...a guy that can do a lot of things but none of em overly well kinda strikes me as a overachiever...but i want to take a little bit more of a look

anyways keep em coming...

Agree with literally all of that except for Jake Mathews. He's a technician but I like where he is here, he doesn't blow me away. He's a very safe pick, not top 3 talent for me tho. Martin would be a great get in Miami. The beauty of Mack is I could literally see him work at any LBer spot in any system. I still think his best fit is in a 4-3 but the flexibility is endless. Haven't look at Cooks, need to watch Jerrigan more.

Agree with literally all of that except for Jake Mathews. He's a technician but I like where he is here, he doesn't blow me away. He's a very safe pick, not top 3 talent for me tho. Martin would be a great get in Miami. The beauty of Mack is I could literally see him work at any LBer spot in any system. I still think his best fit is in a 4-3 but the flexibility is endless. Haven't look at Cooks, need to watch Jerrigan more.

that's just it jake mathews is not gonna just wow you with athleticism or shred the combine but his technique his footwork his hand placement and use his knee bend and lateral agility is pretty much flawless...and he's got the mathews pedigree to boot...i run the damn card up i don't care if over the long term he may project more to the right side...as far as i'm concerned he can play swing tackle if the other starting guy got hurt...

it was obvious last year that he was better than his left tackle starting counterpart who got drafted top 3...

that's just it jake mathews is not gonna just wow you with athleticism or shred the combine but his technique his footwork his hand placement and use is pretty much flawless...and he's got the mathews pedigree to boot...i run the damn card up i don't care if over the long term he may project more to the right side...as far as i'm concerned he can play swing tackle if the other starting guy got hurt...

it was obvious last year that he was better than his left tackle starting counterpart who got drafted top 3...

I agree, top tackle in the draft last year. Didn't like any of the top 3 last year. Funny enough tho I was big on Menelik Watson.

Back
Top Bottom