Finally a real starting caliber QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finally a real starting caliber QB

dlockz

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
Damn after 6 years of Fielder, Feely and Frerotte I expected us to make a big trade for Ryan Fitzpatrick to keep our streak of F quarterbacks. To get one of the top qb's in the NFL on our franchise makes for a great sigh of relief. I'm perplexed over the people that are pissed that we gave up a second rounder for a franchise QB, who would you rather have Culpepper or Matt Roth. I would have rather given up a third but we did not just twiddle our thumbs and stick with a bottom rung QB like many suggested we should. For all the Frerotte fans we will see how impressed the rest of the league is with him as every team in the NFL has the oppurtunity to give him big money or a starting job. Hell Kitna may be a starter in Detroit lets see if Frerotte lands a decent gig. As a dolphin fan we should all be very excited with our offensive possibilities this year. I liked Brees also but it was obvious he was going to take the best monetary offer and I'm glad we did not let his agent make us overpay. We obviously wanted Brees but in the end Culpepper is the more proven player with all the skills you could ask for in a QB. I will definately be buying a Culpepper jersey. I now wonder who we are looking at as a backup and I still hope we take a QB at some point in the draft. The only qb that would have been a bigger upgrade was Peyton Manning. Now we all can watch the draft with less worry of if we will find a QB while we just getby with Frerotte as Qb(I always thought this was a ridiculous notion but some love to be so much smarter than everyone else) Except for the Goodman signing I have loved our offseason so far. I don't dislike Goodman just not enough info for me to get excited about but at least he came cheaper than Howard. Goodbye mediocrity, hello contenders.

dlockz said:
Damn after 6 years of Fielder, Feely and Frerotte I expected us to make a big trade for Ryan Fitzpatrick to keep our streak of F quarterbacks. To get one of the top qb's in the NFL on our franchise makes for a great sigh of relief. I'm perplexed over the people that are pissed that we gave up a second rounder for a franchise QB, who would you rather have Culpepper or Matt Roth. I would have rather given up a third but we did not just twiddle our thumbs and stick with a bottom rung QB like many suggested we should. For all the Frerotte fans we will see how impressed the rest of the league is with him as every team in the NFL has the oppurtunity to give him big money or a starting job. Hell Kitna may be a starter in Detroit lets see if Frerotte lands a decent gig. As a dolphin fan we should all be very excited with our offensive possibilities this year. I liked Brees also but it was obvious he was going to take the best monetary offer and I'm glad we did not let his agent make us overpay. We obviously wanted Brees but in the end Culpepper is the more proven player with all the skills you could ask for in a QB. I will definately be buying a Culpepper jersey. I now wonder who we are looking at as a backup and I still hope we take a QB at some point in the draft. The only qb that would have been a bigger upgrade was Peyton Manning. Now we all can watch the draft with less worry of if we will find a QB while we just getby with Frerotte as Qb(I always thought this was a ridiculous notion but some love to be so much smarter than everyone else) Except for the Goodman signing I have loved our offseason so far. I don't dislike Goodman just not enough info for me to get excited about but at least he came cheaper than Howard. Goodbye mediocrity, hello contenders.

:rawk: :yeahthat:

Back
Top Bottom