FinHeaven 2017 staff predictions

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DisturbedShifty, Sep 7, 2017.

1. DisturbedShifty

DisturbedShifty Wort-wort-wort!!! Administrator Finheaven VIP

Gonzo

2017 Record: 8-8
    Playoffs: No
    Defensive Player Of The Year: Ndamukong Suh
    Offensive Player Of The Year: Laremy Tunsil (OL never get it, but he'll deserve it)
    Rookie Of The Year: Davon Godchaux

Brief Statement: Tanny was a good football player, and a good man. He was one of us. He was a man who loved the outdoors – and football, and as a surfer, he explored the beaches of Southern Florida, from Beer Can Island to North Jetty Park and up to the Sebastian Inlet. He IR'd, he IR'd as so many young men of his generation, before his time. In your wisdom, Lord, you took him, as you took so many bright flowering young men at Khe Sanh, at Langdok, at Hill 364. These young men gave their lives. And so would Tanny's knee. Tanny, who loved football. And so, Ryan Timothy Tannehill the Third, in accordance with what we think your knee's dying wishes might well have been, we commit your final starting position remains to the bosom of Jay Cutler, who you loved so well. Good night, sweet prince.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NY8123

2017 Record:
    8-8
    Defensive Player Of The Year: Rashad Jones
    Offensive Player Of The Year: Devante Parker
    Rookie Of The Year: Charles Harris

Brief Statement: Seems like the year of the ACL and that makes it tough. Losing the starting QB and presumably a starting 2nd round rookie puts you in a hole. The team is good but is now razor thin at LB which will affect the play of a unit that seemed positioned to improve a lot this season. The offense under Cutler should be OK but given the schedule and limited time with the team he will have some growing pains. Parker finally takes his final step to become a true #1 receiver on team, the flashes of brilliance over the first two seasons get stitched together for a great season. Jones comes back to anchor this D and returns to his pro-bowl form. Rookie Charles Harris has all the best possible scenarios laid out to become a true dominate rookie and is the teams rookie of the year. Given the hole Gase is starting in and the strength of the schedule, 8-8 might seem like a win this season but he is a great coach and should hold the team together.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bumpus

2017 Record: 8-8
    Defensive Player Of The Year: Suh
    Offensive Player Of The Year: DVP
    Rookie Of The Year: Harris

Brief Statement: Well, last season was a breath of fresh air for us. So, it should have come as no surprise that **** came crashing down on the injury front in camp. Riding the Cutler train will have its ups and downs ... placing us squarely back in our customary 8-8 range - because, Miami.

DisturbedShifty

2017 Record: 5-11
    Playoffs:
    Um.... No
    Offensive Player Of The Year: Jay Ajayi

Brief Statement: Before the season started I figured the Dolphins would be be in playoff contention late in the season, either barely getting in or barely missing. Then Tannehill got hurt. That put a damper on things for me. I figured they would ride with Moore and maybe sign a back up for him. Then the rumors started about Cutler. I saw a dark cloud on the horizon. Before I knew it that storm had become a hurricane and my worst fear had been realized. The Dolphins signed Jay Cutler. The minute I saw that they had signed him I instantly checked out for the season. I know he had his best year under Gase in Chicago but as I have pointed out, one good season with Gase does not erase the immense amount of mistakes Cutler is prone to make. I think the only way they can avoid Cutler's INT happy past is by relying even more heavily on the running game. Keep the ball on the ground and they might stand a chance. But if they have to rely on Cutler to win the game, well, I don't see that ending happy very often. Then you add in all the other injuries that have occurred since Tannehill went down, it just makes an even bigger crap storm. I hope I am wrong, I REALLY do. As a mater of fact if Miami does make it to the playoffs it will be because of Gase and his staff making sure the players are doing the right thing and the right time. If he can't the only way I see Miami recovering is Miami getting back its hurt players and Cutler getting kicked to the curb.

phins_4_ever

2017 Record: 10-6 (AFC East: 4-1)
    Playoffs: Yes
    Defensive Player Of The Year: Ndamukong Suh (see Godchaux. He will be a sack machine this year)
    Offensive Player Of The Year: Parker (Time to rise and shine)
    Rookie Of The Year: Davon Godchaux (Will take double teaming from Shuh)

Brief Statement:
    Last year I was extremely positive predicting an 8-8 record. I was pleasantly surprised at our final 10-6 record. I put that record mainly onto Gase's shoulders. After a disastrous start and the subsequent release of 3 starters the team did go on a run we haven't seen in South Florida in a very long time.
    With a couple significant season ending injuries to starters one again we will call upon Gase's mastery in the face of adversity.
    Though still questions on the OL and on defense I am confident that we will have enough talent to get ourselves into playoff position at the end of the season. Gase must agree. A coach who chalks off a season does not get a starting QB to the tune of $10 Mill/year. You only do that when you feel like you have a chance for the playoffs.
    In the AFC East we should be rolling in right behind the Patriots who are gearing up for another Superbowl run.
    The Dolphins success against the Patriots will be limited to a spoiler role this year though.
    Intangible: Due to Hurricane Irma the Dolphins have to play 16 straight games (like in the good old days). While all the off-season adversity (injuries, hurricane, game move etc) could be disastrous to a team it could also fuel the emotions with a "us vs the world" attitude. The mentalist Gase will have his hands full.

Buddy

2017 Record: 10-6
    Playoffs: yes
    Defensive Player Of The Year: Howard
    Offensive Player Of The Year: DVP and Cutler
    Rookie Of The Year: Harris

Brief Statement: We overcome the loss of several starters through great coaching. DVP and Cutler have career years and we move into the second round of the playoffs for the first time in a generation

nick1

2017 Record: 9-7
    Playoffs: no
    Defensive Player Of The Year: Cameron Wake
    Offensive Player Of The Year: Devante Parker

Brief Statement: Despite the injury to Tannehill and McMillan the team only has a minor set back. This is due to Gase limiting the turnover prone Cutler along with the defense taking a step forward. 9 wins should be considered a good season

uk_dolfan

2017 Record: 7-9
    Playoffs: Nope
    Offensive Player Of The Year: Jay Ajayi (very possible that it will be Parker if he stays healthy for 16 games, but I need to see that before I believe it)

Brief Statement: I thought this was our year... but "maybe next year." I have never believed in Jay Cutler (bonus prediction - Matt Moore starts at least two games, Cutler never stays healthy) and I can't force myself to start now. I also suspect that the D may stink - again.

We might end up winning 8 games, without Gase I probably would have predicted 5 or 6 wins. I sure hope that i'm wrong and with Adam Gase running the show? There is a chance, even with someone like Jay Cutler at QB. If we do win 8 games this year? Gase deserves a medal.

I miss you Ryan.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  2. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E12 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP

So Buddy and I are the real Dolfans predicting a playoff spot this season. :laugh

gerblack and Buddy like this.
  3. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

I'd love to be wrong

4. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

You should have stuck to your original prediction then...

5. Buddy

Buddy Right Wing Nut Job Moderator Finheaven VIP

The old guys have the cojones to go out on a limb!

[​IMG]

phins_4_ever likes this.
  6. Miamifan113

Miamifan113 Member

I think we will have a great year. We arguably have one of the best WR groups in the league. I think cutlers gun slinging mentality will help us more then ryan tannehills style would with this group. I also think jay train will rush for over 1 thousand yards again and give us a balanced attack. My only question is what our defense will do. I think it will be better than last year but by how much i dont know. Here's to miami going 11-5 Fins up!!!

7. jacquesstrap

jacquesstrap Well-Known Member

6 and 10. The dolphins won by smoke and mirrors last year. Not once did they actually dominate any team, barely squeaking by in all of their games. Cutler does nothing for the offense and the secondary is horrendous.

8. Fin Fan in Cali

Fin Fan in Cali Joanne Shaw Taylor Super Donator Finheaven VIP

Lol! I just saw your screen name bro. Classic!