FinHeaven Fantasy NFL Keeper Draft | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FinHeaven Fantasy NFL Keeper Draft

Hola gents... since things seem to be taking shape I thought maybe we should begin to discuss the parameters and give JimToss a little hand in the logistical end of things... i sent him this message and thought I should open it up to the other GM's for thoughts and feedback... feel free to add/discuss/reject...

hey boss... looks like the keeper draft is really shaping up... had an idea since there is no cash prize and nothing but bragging rights at stake... There should be a winner... What would you think about a point system..? meaning you assign points to a particular position... For example... RB - 3 points... OL - 2 points... etc etc then at the end of the draft all the GM's can vote at who has the best at each position and then through overall points declare a winner... Thoughts?

the other thing I was thinking is that since the draft will take an incredible length of time and logistically will be a nightmare as you pointed out... (even though most seem up for it) Maybe you can cut down the time by allowing GM's to draft one 'position' in each round... Means if you allow 3 running backs on the roster... When they decide to take a RB they can take 3 at once... or Offensive tackle... they can draft both a Left and a right in the same turn... Just brainstorming...

Lastly when a winner is declared maybe the good people at FH will allow us to assign a banner under the avatar so the GM has supreme bragging rights... Like the 'VIP' or 'Donor' banners.... or maybe we can get someone (like Vaark who is the supreme sig designer) to mock up a sig the winner can have... Just throwing out some ideas...

Hola gents... since things seem to be taking shape I thought maybe we should begin to discuss the parameters and give JimToss a little hand in the logistical end of things... i sent him this message and thought I should open it up to the other GM's for thoughts and feedback... feel free to add/discuss/reject...

Lastly when a winner is declared maybe the good people at FH will allow us to assign a banner under the avatar so the GM has supreme bragging rights... Like the 'VIP' or 'Donor' banners.... or maybe we can get someone (like Vaark who is the supreme sig designer) to mock up a sig the winner can have... Just throwing out some ideas...[/quote

I'm not a big fan of drafting all of one position; could really thin it out for the rest of the guys.

Yeah, and name one more.

I don't think Seattle would be such a bad team to have. You have Trufant at corner, Tatapu at linebacker and then you have your choice of Hasselback, Housh, Deion Branch or anyone else you may seem worthy of keeping.

Lastly when a winner is declared maybe the good people at FH will allow us to assign a banner under the avatar so the GM has supreme bragging rights... Like the 'VIP' or 'Donor' banners.... or maybe we can get someone (like Vaark who is the supreme sig designer) to mock up a sig the winner can have... Just throwing out some ideas...[/quote

I'm not a big fan of drafting all of one position; could really thin it out for the rest of the guys.

ya, it's definitely a trade off and puts a big emphasis on WHEN you draft each position...

I'm up for anything... Was trying to come up with some ideas to make it a little more manageable because it really amounts to a FULL fantasy draft which as we all know can be a headache when all the guys are in the same room never mind all over the world! :lol:

Another idea... This may be an obvious one... But again thought I would throw it out and see if it provokes you guys to come up with some actual GOOD ideas... :lol:

Just in terms of helping JimToss to try to manage this colossal task... Assuming that due to time zones and schedules it is going to be hard to get all of us to be here at the same time... for a complete draft... Maybe each GM could take the emails of the guy above and below him in the draft... And shoot him a quick 'You are on the clock' after he picks to keep the momentum going and take some of the responsibility off Jim to keep things moving... Would you guys be cool with that?

Another idea... This may be an obvious one... But again thought I would throw it out and see if it provokes you guys to come up with some actual GOOD ideas... :lol:

Just in terms of helping JimToss to try to manage this colossal task... Assuming that due to time zones and schedules it is going to be hard to get all of us to be here at the same time... for a complete draft... Maybe each GM could take the emails of the guy above and below him in the draft... And shoot him a quick 'You are on the clock' after he picks to keep the momentum going and take some of the responsibility off Jim to keep things moving... Would you guys be cool with that?
yeah, I hate the idea of drafting a whole position.

And I was thinking about the actual draft to, and the email thing is definatly cool with me. I am just afraid of people not being totally into it. I think this whole thing is cool, and when JimToss opened up an earlier thread asking about the Dolphins' keepers, and I suggested the whole league thing. Nice to see it coming up! This is a message I sent Toss,

This whole keeper thing is cool how people are signing up. I hope people stick with it, I worry that people are acutally thinking that we are going to make a league with it in the fall.

I guess we could all play in an another actual fantasy league in the fall, but not with what we are doing now you know?

It is cool that people are signing up though...I just thought it was a cool idea, and thanks for triggering my mind!

If you guys want to find a winner how about after we all draft our teams, we post a poll on the main forum and leave it open for about a week. I mean really, there's only 32 of us so it's not like everyone would just vote for themselves.

yeah, I hate the idea of drafting a whole position.

And I was thinking about the actual draft to, and the email thing is definatly cool with me. I am just afraid of people not being totally into it. I think this whole thing is cool, and when JimToss opened up an earlier thread asking about the Dolphins' keepers, and I suggested the whole league thing. Nice to see it coming up! This is a message I sent Toss,

This whole keeper thing is cool how people are signing up. I hope people stick with it, I worry that people are acutally thinking that we are going to make a league with it in the fall.

I guess we could all play in an another actual fantasy league in the fall, but not with what we are doing now you know?

It is cool that people are signing up though...I just thought it was a cool idea, and thanks for triggering my mind!

yep... I don't love it either but like you am concerned people would not keep it up so I was trying to think of ways to shorten the process without losing the spirit of Jim's original idea... Honestly as a sideline I certianly don't mind if it continues over a matter of months as long as we police it ourselves and try to keep it going... i just want to make sure that the burden of all the work does not fall to Jim just because it was his idea...

I'm excited about the idea if only because it will make me do a little work examining other teams rosters.... and it is a little different from a traditional fantasy league.

I'm so obsessed with our beloved Phins I rarely even glance at the other teams (except our opponents) even though I call myself a 'football' fan... :lol:

If you guys want to find a winner how about after we all draft our teams, we post a poll on the main forum and leave it open for about a week. I mean really, there's only 32 of us so it's not like everyone would just vote for themselves.

Good one :up:

I think we can rely on the honor system... :lol:

On a side not I still can't believe the Giants have not been taken... They would have been my choice if I didn't take Da Bears...

Good one :up:

I think we can rely on the honor system... :lol:

On a side not I still can't believe the Giants have not been taken... They would have been my choice if I didn't take Da Bears...
So are you a Bears' fan? Besides Dolphins of course! Living in Indy we have a lot of "magic" Bears' fans. We have a lot of real ones to, but I say magic because when the Colts are doing bad the Bears fans come out of the woodwork. It sucks the amount of bandwagoners are in Indiana.

Back
Top Bottom