FinHeaven Fantasy NFL Keeper Draft | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FinHeaven Fantasy NFL Keeper Draft

So are you a Bears' fan? Besides Dolphins of course! Living in Indy we have a lot of "magic" Bears' fans. We have a lot of real ones to, but I say magic because when the Colts are doing bad the Bears fans come out of the woodwork. It sucks the amount of bandwagoners are in Indiana.

ya they would be my number 2... No one is close to the Phins though... Been a devoted fan since I was 6! :lol:

Wow this is really picking up. Thanks for keeping up with all of this while I was away. I had to get my fiancee a new car.

Thanks for all the ideas guys.

Here's basically my reaction to all of them. Sorry if any sound harsh, I don't mean them to be.
First off the email to the next person on the clock is an absolutely great idea. In it we should definitely include a reminder to email the next person after you pick.

As far as the drafting multiple position at one time, I am absolutely against it. Lets keep it as pure as we can for as long as we can. Near the ending rounds we can draft multiple players if need be.

Translating this to a real fantasy team does not make much (any?) sense. This is literally building a whole team. Fantasy would only transition over to offensive heavy teams. Although I would be happy to get a Finheaven fantasy football league, but that's a different story.

As far as declaring a winner, a vote in the main forum would be really nice. We will have to eliminate some teams before it gets to that point.I think it would be great to actually pick the playoff teams and then run a Finheaven Playoff system (similar to the March Madness.) However, this is all a pipe dream unless we are able to get through this draft. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

The draft will invert with each round. Steelers will get the 32 and 33rd pick. Cardinals will have the 31 and 34th pick. And so on. This should even out the draft.
We will instill a ~24 hours clock each pick. At this point I (or possibly a group of us) will make a mod pick.

After the teams are full I will email the Detriot Lions owner and imform them they are on the clock. I defiantely think we will fill this up easily.

Thanks for being so great about this guys. I'll bump the thread in the main forum and this should all start tomorrow.
Lets have fun guys!

i am very intrested in this let me know if you need anyone i will take what ever team and thanks

i am very intrested in this let me know if you need anyone i will take what ever team and thanks

Just sign up man copy and paste yourself in from the original post.
Just read the OP, you just add yourself.

Wow this is really picking up. Thanks for keeping up with all of this while I was away. I had to get my fiancee a new car.

Thanks for all the ideas guys.

Here's basically my reaction to all of them. Sorry if any sound harsh, I don't mean them to be.
First off the email to the next person on the clock is an absolutely great idea. In it we should definitely include a reminder to email the next person after you pick.

As far as the drafting multiple position at one time, I am absolutely against it. Lets keep it as pure as we can for as long as we can. Near the ending rounds we can draft multiple players if need be.

Translating this to a real fantasy team does not make much (any?) sense. This is literally building a whole team. Fantasy would only transition over to offensive heavy teams. Although I would be happy to get a Finheaven fantasy football league, but that's a different story.

As far as declaring a winner, a vote in the main forum would be really nice. We will have to eliminate some teams before it gets to that point.I think it would be great to actually pick the playoff teams and then run a Finheaven Playoff system (similar to the March Madness.) However, this is all a pipe dream unless we are able to get through this draft. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

The draft will invert with each round. Steelers will get the 32 and 33rd pick. Cardinals will have the 31 and 34th pick. And so on. This should even out the draft.
We will instill a ~24 hours clock each pick. At this point I (or possibly a group of us) will make a mod pick.

After the teams are full I will email the Detriot Lions owner and imform them they are on the clock. I defiantely think we will fill this up easily.

Thanks for being so great about this guys. I'll bump the thread in the main forum and this should all start tomorrow.
Lets have fun guys!
Yeah, about the fantasy, I was just wanting to have the active ones in this play a totally seperate league, like you said later on. I wasn't trying to relate this to actually fantasy. Maybe you were talking about the other guy's idea about points.

Also I am sure you are going to but just let everyone know when the draft is starting...Is it just going to be on this forum, or another seperate one? I vote seperate. What is a mod pic? What happens if they don't pick in the alotted time?

Cool, I'll take the G-men!

Here is the Order/Participants/Keepers.
1. Detroit Lions- Bahama Fin Fan - Calvin Johnson, Ernie Sims, Jeff Bakus
2. St. Louis Rams- burger13 - Stephen Jackson, Chris Long, Oshiomogho Atogwe
3. Kansas City Chiefs- Emeraldfin: Matt Cassell, Branden Albert, Dwayne Bowe
4. Seattle Seahawks-

5. Cleveland Browns- Clownfish-Joe Thomas, Braylon Edwards, Shaun Rodgers
6. Cincinatti Bengals- Swantoon- Carson Palmer, Chad Johnson, Leon Hall
7. Oakland Raiders-Jamarcus Russel, Darren McFadden, Nnambi Asomugha
8. Jacksonville Jaguars-
ADavieDolphin-Rasheen Mathis, Maurice Jones Drew,John Henderson
9. Green Bay Packers- 1 dol fan: Arron Rodgers, Greg Jennings, Aaron Kampman.
10. San Francisco 49ERS-Ricky4Life: Patrick Willis, Frank Gore, Vernon Davis.
11. Buffalo Bills-
12. Denver Broncos- SpurzN703 - Brandon Marshall, Champ Bailey, Brian Dawkins
13. Washington Redskins- FINatic 13-Albert Haynesworth, Chris Cooley, Clinton Portis
14. New Orleans Saints- Milldog-Drew Brees, Marques Colston, Pierre Thomas
15. Houston Texans- JimToss- Matt Shaub, Andre Johnson, Mario Williams
16. San Diego Chargers- CedarPhin- Phillip Rivers, Cromartie, Marcus McNeil
17. New York Jets-
18. Chicago Bears- Fish-Head - Jay Cutler, Lance Briggs, Matt Forte
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Orlando Fan- Gaines Adams, Jeff faine, Kellen Winslow
20. Dallas Cowboys- Finsguy939- Tony Romo, DeMarcus Ware, Terence Newman
21. Philadelphia Eagles-Brian Westbrook, Desean Jackson, Trent Cole
22. Minnesota Vikings-FinsFan_in_Iraq: Adrian Peterson, Jared Allen, Bryant McKinnie
23. New England Pats-HBCF4Ever-Tom Brady, Vince Wilfork, Jerod Mayo
24. Atlanta Falcons- rothshunger-Matt Ryan, Roddy White, Micheal Turner
25. Miami Dolphins- Tylerdolphin- Jake Long, Ronnie Brown, Vernon Carey
26. Baltimore Ravens-SwimminInIndy-Ed Reed, Joe Flacco, Haloti Ngata
27. Indianapolis Colts- Mdfinfan06- Peyton Manning, Dwight Freeney, Bob Sanders
28. Carolina Panthers-KDong13 - Steve Smith, DeAngelo Williams, Jon Beason
29. New York Giants-JDOE - Eli Manning, Brandon Jacobs, Osi Umenyiora
30.Tennessee Titans- I MiZFiT I - Chris Johnson, Lendale White, Nick Harper

31. Arizona Cardinals- Outlawd2u - Larry Fitzgerald, Karlos Dansby, Dominique Rogers-Cromartie
32. Pittsburgh Steelers-Dolfan3773: Troy Polamalu, James Harrison, Ben Roethlisberger

Cool I'll try. I guess I'll be the Bills.

4. Seattle Seahawks-

8. Jacksonville Jaguars-
ADavieDolphin-Rasheen Mathis, Maurice Jones Drew,John Henderson
11. Buffalo Bills- ciscoholgate: Lee Evans, Trent Edwards, Leodis McKelvin
13. Washington Redskins- FINatic 13-Albert Haynesworth, Chris Cooley, Clinton Portis
17. New York Jets-
22. Minnesota Vikings-FinsFan_in_Iraq: Adrian Peterson, Jared Allen, Bryant McKinnie

31. Arizona Cardinals- Outlawd2u - Larry Fitzgerald, Karlos Dansby, Dominique Rogers-Cromartie
32. Pittsburgh Steelers-Dolfan3773: Troy Polamalu, James Harrison, Ben Roethlisberger

So are you a Bears' fan? Besides Dolphins of course! Living in Indy we have a lot of "magic" Bears' fans. We have a lot of real ones to, but I say magic because when the Colts are doing bad the Bears fans come out of the woodwork. It sucks the amount of bandwagoners are in Indiana.

I guess that makes me a "magic" Colts fan. I live in Ft. Wayne, IN, and I love the Colts, but only if they're not playing the Dolphins! (The Colts are going down in Miami this year!)

It was much tougher being a fan of both teams back when they were in the same division. I thought it was kind of stupid to move the Colts to the AFC South when Miami is about as south as you can get, but I can't say I don't mind Miami getting 2 chances a year to beat the Pats, Jets and Bills!

I thought it would be cool if after we all draft our complete teams, we did our own 2009 NFL rookie draft. If everyone's interested at that point. Maybe do a bracket style playoff deal with the FH public voting for the winners, followed by this year's draft.

Just an idea. Take it or leave it...

**** the Jets, I'll take Seattle. It was a tough choice. Tatupu was an easy choice, but I thought about keeping Marcus Trufant or John Carlson. But, Josh Wilson is too young and sick and TJ Houshyomomma (who may be kindve older) but he is a possession receiver who should stay relatively productive for a few more years.
4. Seattle Seahawks-KillerJosh373-Lofa Tatupu, Josh Wilson, TJ Housmanzadeh
8. Jacksonville Jaguars- ADavieDolphin-Rasheen Mathis, Maurice Jones Drew,John Henderson
17. New York Jets-

I guess that makes me a "magic" Colts fan. I live in Ft. Wayne, IN, and I love the Colts, but only if they're not playing the Dolphins! (The Colts are going down in Miami this year!)

It was much tougher being a fan of both teams back when they were in the same division. I thought it was kind of stupid to move the Colts to the AFC South when Miami is about as south as you can get, but I can't say I don't mind Miami getting 2 chances a year to beat the Pats, Jets and Bills!
Hey, I am not against all Colts' fans, just the bandwagoners. You know that we have a lot up here to...But hey, it's always good to see a fellow Hoosier!

**** the Jets, I'll take Seattle. It was a tough choice. Tatupu was an easy choice, but I thought about keeping Marcus Trufant or John Carlson. But, Josh Wilson is too young and sick and TJ Houshyomomma (who may be kindve older) but he is a possession receiver who should stay relatively productive for a few more years.
4. Seattle Seahawks-KillerJosh373-Lofa Tatupu, Josh Wilson, TJ Housmanzadeh
8. Jacksonville Jaguars- ADavieDolphin-Rasheen Mathis, Maurice Jones Drew,John Henderson
17. New York Jets-
Man that is SO priceless that the jets are the last team...Wouldn't have it any other way! That NYJunc should come in and claim his team, or any of the other Jet's fans.

Man that is SO priceless that the jets are the last team...Wouldn't have it any other way! That NYJunc should come in and claim his team, or any of the other Jet's fans.

Yeah if you want to PM Junc, I would love to have him in it. He's a good guy and a real football fan.

I'm going to be headed to bed for tonight in a bit. When I get up tomorrow, if we have no Jets, I'll take the team and try to get the draft started with the Lions.

I will not be around for a lot of tomorrow but this should basically run itself (hopefully.) I'll try to specify all the rules tomorrow, but we are going to use this thread to pick due to the fact that it is already a sticky on the forum.

I'll basically see you tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom