Finheaven's QB Rankings? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finheaven's QB Rankings?

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
We've all seen countless QB ratings and rankings from many a site and tons of experts/analysts. They have been dissected and trisected with endless stats and opinions. This is different.

Pick the QB you would most want for this team at this time, and rank the QB's you would want over Tannehill. Everything should be considered, age, talent, potential, system, and surrounding players, etc.

Some may want an All Pro to win now. Others may want a QB who grow with the team, and be here for 10-15 years. Should be interesting to see what the forum thinks.

well with aaron rodgers out with a broken collarbone there is no other qb i'd rather have for the long term than the one we do have...people just don't get how good this kid is and how high his ceiling is and what's left on the bone

I would take Russell Wilson over Tannehill in a heartbeat. Nothing against Tannehill, I just think Wilson is that good. I wasn't a fan of Wilson coming into the draft but man has he proved a lot of people wrong.

Brady, Brees and Manning are all great, but are on the tail end of their careers and could have the bottom drop out on their skills at any time.

A Healthy Rodger is the only one I would take over Tannehill.

In order:

1) Rodgers
2) Wilson
3) Rivers
4) Ryan
5) Luck
6) Stafford
7) Foles
8) Kaepernick
9) Newton
10) Dalton

Tannehill may improve in the future to the point that the list changes, but in the absence of a guarantee of such improvement, which is impossible, I have to substitute any of the above for him at the present time.

And if Manning, Brees, Brady, Romo, and Roethlisberger were younger and entering or not too far into their primes, I'd take them over Tannehill, as well, which puts Tannehill currently 16th in the league on my list, right about average.

In order:

1) Rodgers
2) Wilson
3) Rivers
4) Ryan
5) Luck
6) Stafford
7) Foles
8) Kaepernick
9) Newton
10) Dalton

Tannehill may improve in the future to the point that the list changes, but in the absence of a guarantee of such improvement, which is impossible, I have to substitute any of the above for him at the present time.

And if Manning, Brees, Brady, Romo, and Roethlisberger were younger and entering or not too far into their primes, I'd take them over Tannehill, as well, which puts Tannehill currently 16th in the league on my list, right about average.

If part of the equation is reaching the SB, not just the playoffs, you do realize that Ryan is 1-4 including 1 offensive shutout and one second half shutout; he's scored 24 points total in 5 NFL game second halfs (6 if you count the ACC VT championship) and if you consider YPA important, his playoff ypa is 6.6. So thanks but no thanks. As far as Foles goes, let's see how he looks the second time around when all the film is in. Newton had something like a 3-9 record this time last season and didn't look so good. Cuz Rivers is having a decent year this one, you're gonna forgive him for a couple straight years of being a turnover machine? Dalton? Well he's just Dalton. Kaepernick - the verdict's out on him also. Luck, I've already demonstrated that his ypa without Reggie Wayne is in the 6's and the only reason he's won 2 games since RW went down is that he played TN twice (while losing to 2 winning teams). Take away Reggie's stats from last season or add them to Tannehill last season and you've got basically the same guy. I like Stafford he really hasn't come up roses too often. Let's see his performance without the best WR in the league. So the verdict's out on him too.

Rodgers and Wilson are the real deal. Luck is a good player, but over-rated without his go-to guy. Newton has turned the corner in the 3rd year, so comparing his third year to Tannehill's second is not really representative. So the reality is Rodgers and Wilson over Tannehill and his upside. Maybe or maybe not Stafford and Newton. Way too soon to say trade THill for Foles based on a limited sampling and not an apples to apples comparison with Newton. There's the reality

Brady, Brees and Manning are all great, but are on the tail end of their careers and could have the bottom drop out on their skills at any time.

A Healthy Rodger is the only one I would take over Tannehill.

a smart guy right here...those guys are on the tail end and thus tannehills future and shelf life should win out...

rivers was terrible the last 2 years run those crazy flat line numbers in a vacuum on his play and how much he turned the damn ball over in the red zone...and how much he blamed everyone but himself...stafford will throw at least a couple balls just about every game directly to the opposition but more than that he's got a heavy tendency to make a mistake in the clutch that is completely on him...

kaepernick is a crutch qb...period

dalton is why cinci will go home in the postseason...if not wild card week the week after

Tannehill is the real deal. I can't count the number of times I read how he will not make it through this season based on all the sacks he has taken. And yet, he is still standing and ready to lead his team down the stretch of the final 3 games and towards the playoffs. That alone shows his resolve and grit.

In order:

1) Rodgers
2) Wilson
3) Rivers
4) Ryan
5) Luck
6) Stafford
7) Foles
8) Kaepernick
9) Newton
10) Dalton

the only one I really have an issue w/ is Rivers.

In order:

1) Rodgers - Great QB
2) Wilson - Benefits from not having to carry the team and a phenomenal run game, I do like his game however
3) Rivers - River has been good this year....but awful the previous few years
4) Ryan - Playoff record....
5) Luck - Very good, but hasn't looked all that good without his HoF WR
6) Stafford - it's not hard to sling passes to Megatron
7) Foles - I like his game, but he is benefiting from a superior run game
8) Kaepernick - Really, the guy has so many limitations beginning with his mental makeup
9) Newton - Newton vastly improved this year and has all the physical tools, but his decision making is questionable
10) Dalton - The very definition of average QB with superior weapons (who wouldn't love AJ Green)

I'm not saying Tannehill is better then these guys right now, but I do believe that all but Rodgers and the elite 3 would be no better or perhaps worse in this current offense.

OMG.....

Andy Dalton ?!?! Andy Dalton ? Really ? No.

Kaeparnick HELL NO !

Foles with his 5 game body of work ? No.

Right now, I'd take Rodgers, Luck, Wilson and Newton. Maybe Ryan although I have question marks over his post season performance. Obviously, Brady, Manning, Brees and co as well but they're getting older. No way I'm taking Rivers and his definition of average career to date either. Stafford no.

Stop looking at stats and watch the game. Andy Dalton and Kaeparnick ?!?!?! Go away.

I'm not saying Tannehill is better then these guys right now, but I do believe that all but Rodgers and the elite 3 would be no better or perhaps worse in this current offense.

I don't think you realize how much talent Miami has on O.

Back
Top Bottom