Fins are offering KC the 54th pick for Albert | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins are offering KC the 54th pick for Albert

Hard to believe we're offering 54 when we know KC don't want him. We shold have never offer anything more than a 3rd. I'm very upset at the FO doing this. Nobody has even offer them anything so why a 2nd round pick for a guy that has played 16 games only once?

Ozzy rules!!
They tagged him so he's hardly unwanted.

I wonder why make an offer NOW as oppose to AFTER the draft? When KC drafts Albert replacement don't they lose Leverage? Unless, we would likely be the desperate team because we wouldn't necessarily draft a Offensive Linemen and would be at a CRITICAL need after the draft.

Because we also don't know if another team could sneak in and offer a more attractive trade right before or during the draft. If that happens and Miami doesn't get a T, then we're screwed and scrambling to sign Winston (at a likely higher price since he has more leverage) or some scrub (or even worse...start Garner at RT).

Hard to believe we're offering 54 when we know KC don't want him. We shold have never offer anything more than a 3rd. I'm very upset at the FO doing this. Nobody has even offer them anything so why a 2nd round pick for a guy that has played 16 games only once?

Ozzy rules!!
Not true. it's highly possible that if KC doesn't trade him, they keep him at LT a non-lineman.

If this goes through we are most certainly trading down in rd 1 to get more picks. Ireland has prob already talked to Minn, SF, and/or Atl and has some idea of what he can do next Thursday.

Vonte for Albert and the same number of 1st and 2nd rd picks in a draft where there is little parity between 15 and 60.... Fine.

Yep, it'll come down to the contract for Jeff. I think KC has already accepted the 54 pick, it's up to Albert at this point.

Like they stayed, your not going to find a LT at 54 no where near as good as Albert, he's still young and would allow us to not sell the farm to trade up and get Johnson, Fisher, or Joeckel. We would then have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds to add 3 starters and get the season on a roll. Impact players that can play right now and let's get ourselves in the playoffs now

No way we gave up on Long and now we are paying picks and money for Albert. Id rather just get Armstead with that same pick.

No way we gave up on Long and now we are paying picks and money for Albert. Id rather just get Armstead with that same pick.

Armstead ain't gonna be there at 54. The thought of starting two unproven tackles with the team we have in place doesn't exactly scream comfortability. I'd still go sign Clabo and save the pick, but I don't mind this move all things considered.

I say we agree in word to offer a second after KC drafts an OT with their pick, and then as soon as they do, we drop out offer to a third. Payback to Reid for one AJ Feeley!

We did not give up on Long. He gave up on us.

If this goes down, I think the draft will look something like:

12. Cooper
42. Amerson
54. Traded for Albert

Not my preferred route.

isnt he franchised and that means it requires a certain pick?

Back
Top Bottom