Fins could win games by sticking to running game plan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins could win games by sticking to running game plan

mattgilm

Island Dolphin
Reaction score
Throughout the last few years the Dolphins have fallen behind early and by panicking, abandoning the overall game plan of the run just to catch up. Usually this means no run game and Ronnie and Ricky do better after they have carried the ball several times. They both seem to get better as the game gets into its last quarter. Ronnie would have destroyed the Jets if he got 25 carries and Ricky could do the same. I say still that Ronnie should start and get the bulk of the carries. The Dolphins need to run more and use play action when the running game starts to kick the other teams ***. Go Fins. and so what we lost the first game. The Dolphins are a lot better this year and will start winning games.:up:

I agree with you except the reason we have had trouble running the prior to yesterday's game was the fact we cant throw the ball so if we want run we to learn how to throw the ball and be good at because one diminsional teams usually miss the playoffs, not that we are a playoff team mind you. what gets me is that when we had marino we had no rb whenwe lost marino had two good rbs. I see a trend here.

I don't agree with starting Ronnie over Ricky but other than that yea, pound the the ball using them both. I really don't know why they did what they did yesterday but they relied on a team weakness and not the teams strength, it was a stupid coaching mistake. I expected these kind of mistakes from Coaches like Cam and Saban, but surprised by our new coaching staff making the same old mistakes.

In the NFL you take what the defense gives you or you LOSE!!!!

Trying to ram a certain game plan down your opponents throat is a recipe for failure.

If the defense stacks up against the run then we should throw 80% of the time.

Sometimes the QB needs to run and burn the defense when it is cheating.

Sometimes plays have to be changed at the line at the last second.

Sometimes you have to use trick or gadjet plays to burn the defense when it is overplaying the run.

This sticking with the run stuff of fools and it won't yeild success against good defensive teams.

Now, AZ may be without two of their best run stuffing D linemen next Sunday and I would expect our Run game to be vastly improved.

Run the ball 50 times and pass 15 times, lol joking.

But really, run the damn ball. Especially when we're near the end zone and its first down.

Trying to ram a certain game plan down your opponents throat is a recipe for failure.

Sometimes you have to use trick or gadjet plays to burn the defense when it is overplaying the run.

This sticking with the run stuff of fools and it won't yeild success against good defensive teams.

Now, AZ may be without two of their best run stuffing D linemen next Sunday and I would expect our Run game to be vastly improved.

I somewhat agree...but when the game was on the line and we had 3rd and goal at the 2....and WE KNEW IT WAS 4 DOWN TERRITORY....Slamming Ricky or Ronnie into the line twice is a better play than throwing to a rookie(Bess) and Camarillo...no disrespect intended, but com'on....these 2 guys (R&R) are our studs!

With the game played as is we had a shot to win it at the end, I don't get all the complaining. Apparently now every play has to be the perfect play or someone's head should roll. When did we become so good that perfection is the only standard.
I'm happy as a pig in poop about everything this team is doing now and the outlook for the future. I don't expect probowl play from rookies or 2nd year players, I expect to see potential and the ability to improve on mistakes.
While some of you wil be crying over everything I'll just enjoy the ride, even the NYG would have liked to have some play calls back from their superbowl win but thats football. Having a shot to win for teams in our situation is a great spot to be in.

Throughout the last few years the Dolphins have fallen behind early and by panicking, abandoning the overall game plan of the run just to catch up. Usually this means no run game and Ronnie and Ricky do better after they have carried the ball several times. They both seem to get better as the game gets into its last quarter. Ronnie would have destroyed the Jets if he got 25 carries and Ricky could do the same. I say still that Ronnie should start and get the bulk of the carries. The Dolphins need to run more and use play action when the running game starts to kick the other teams ***. Go Fins. and so what we lost the first game. The Dolphins are a lot better this year and will start winning games.:up:

You don't abandon the run because of 'panicking'....you abandon the run because "YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO RUN THE BALL WHEN YOU ARE BEHIND TWO SCORES AND 'MUST' PASS THE BALL IN ORDER TO HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO TIE THE BALLGAME OR WIN"...

I don't get/understand the people that can't see this? :unsure:

You don't abandon the run because of 'panicking'....you abandon the run because "YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO RUN THE BALL WHEN YOU ARE BEHIND TWO SCORES AND 'MUST' PASS THE BALL IN ORDER TO HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO TIE THE BALLGAME OR WIN"...

Also, why force something when it's not there. They were giving us a better chance for success with throwing. If we ran twice and got stuffed the same posters would be writing about not changing our game plan what some other bs. We had a shot to win with our game plan, what more can you ask for.

just because your behind does not mean you have to pass every play. I see more than you realize and you are always stating the obvious. thank you for that.:up: I know that you have to pass to catch up when you are two scores behind but the Fins had time to catch up but decided that passing was the only way even on the Goal line? with four chances they do not run? :up:

What about setting the tempo? Dictating play and attacking your opponent?

it is how every team begins the day... You need to have confidence and force them to play your game, If not I believe they call that playing into the other teams hands.

At a certain point you have to play to YOUR strengths not theirs. This is precisely what most teams would hope to do to us.. Why make it easy?

Agree here... Sprint outs and 'moving the pocket' are effective ways of attacking the so called vaunted 8 in the box.

umm of course.

predictability will beat you faster than 8 in the box every time so yes again.

Again at some point you have to be proactive and not reactive... allowing the defence to dictate the game in every aspect is equally as foolish.

extrapolate that argument over the season and I think we are going to be a different team week 14 then we are now.

Back
Top Bottom