Fins Front Runners for Albert Wilson - update: deal now agreed | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins Front Runners for Albert Wilson - update: deal now agreed

I feel like people are looking at this signing the wrong way. If you are expecting anybody to say Wilson is a better player than Juice or are expecting him to be more productive, you're wrong. But if you are looking at Wilson as a cheap solid slot option that adds more speed it's not bad at all (If we sign him of course)

i cant stand it....I thought Stills would move to slot considering he caught 6/7 TD from that position.

**** Ross **** Tannenbum and Gase will be next on that list...You can upgrade the stadium all you want but you have literally taking 2/3 best players off the team.This team is unbearabl about 75% of the time.

Gase likes fiery. He just wants football to be number 1 priority.

And this guy is a strict slot. Looking up how he was used he was a lot like how Juice was used. Also known as a smart WR
And he's very fast and has big play ability every time he touches the ball in space. Very similar polish and physicality in the slot to Juice.

This would be an excellent move to replace Landry at a fraction of the cost and without having to use a draft pick.

Again, it all boils down to Parker staying healthy and becoming WR1. Stills is a perfect compliment with Wilson in the slot would be ideal.

I'm definitely smelling TE at 42.

Albert Wilson was third on the Chiefs in receiving yards last year. That is very surprising to me, though it probably highlights how little they had behind Tyreek Hill.

I think I might have been confusing Albert Wilson and deanthony Thomas up a little bit.

1. Jakeem Grant is not a slot receiver, Wilson is. So get that "oh we already have one short receiver!" out of your head
2. Wilson broke only 2 fewer tackles than Landry did last season, on about 1/3 of the catches he did
3. Wilson is a solid, young slot receiver
Agreed with all above. Great points.

Good pick up if the price is right. Adds competition to the receiver corps - gives depth.

And it is something for defenses to have to take on speed -

One thing about landry is he runs with as if he feet were two bricks...Just sayin...

He’s solid but a lot of scheme driven production in kc

#3 wr type

Needs to be paid accordingly and that my friends is where tbaum usually fails

Add him and I think they play it status quo the rest of the way at wr

I just want to know are we picking up dvps 5th year to control his rights
I'm hoping 3/12 mill along those lines.

What a mistake this would be. This guy is a dime a dozen type player and looks like he is running in quick sand. Idc what his 40time says he is not a 4.4 speed player we have Carroo , grant that would offer as much if not more. Let’s add another guy that can’t block well...omg I’m done with Tannenbaum

Well the blocking is a key point as Stills cannot and Parker gets hurt when he does.

The thing about Albert Wilson though is if he's cheap, he's the kind of guy you should be getting in FA rather than overspending on big names. The people who say "WHO?" are the same people who bitch when we're stuck with a horrible contract after getting a big name.

The thing about Albert Wilson though is if he's cheap, he's the kind of guy you should be getting in FA rather than overspending on big names. The people who say "WHO?" are the same people who bitch when we're stuck with a horrible contract after getting a big name.

That's just the thing... Tannenbaum will overpay for this guy as he always does... He overpays for other teams' mediocre players, but refuses to pay for homegrown talent. It's a mind-numbing exercise in futility...

This kid fights for the yards, is not afraid of contact, seems to pluck balls out of crowds, can get himself free and looks like he's got good hands... basically a smaller but faster version of Landry. I would not dislike this signing if it's for a reasonable pricetag.

Grant is 5'6" 165

Albert Wilson is 5'9" 201 (Mark Duper was 5'9" 192) (Landry is 5'11" 203)

Lmao, this guy is nothing like Grant (except fast).

I've seen a lot of Albert Wilson. Not a benchwarmer, not a nobody, he's a good solid receiver. Don't know why he's available.

Back
Top Bottom