Fins get an A grade for 2nd round picks, according to Reuter from NFL.com | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins get an A grade for 2nd round picks, according to Reuter from NFL.com

Rhoadsy13

Starter
Reaction score
I freaking love what we've done so far.

God I remember absolutely hating our drafts in the 2000's under Rick Spielman and Wanny. This is a lot of fun.

IMO, day two was far better than day one...

Now we go shopping at Save-A-Lot to protect the "franchise" QB.

Will say it again, this draft has been what the doctor has ordered for several years.

Charles Harris - Easily the most subjective pick and rightfully so. But you cannot put a price on ability to rush the passer and Harris is as good as anybody at that out of this draft and he still has so much to learn. I completely disagree with needing a three down guy out the gate at 22 . . . At 22 the guy needs to flash elite traits and rushing the passer in the NFL probably takes a back seat to only QB management in my eyes. High character, high intensity and a great pass rusher . . . Perfect fit for our defense. He will be in a defensive line group with Cam Wake and Ndamukong Suh . . . Just be a sponge young buck and work. Really like this pick.

Raekwon McMillan - There isn't much to say here . . .fantastic pick. Ideal fit for what we have lacked at LB for years. Did not think he would be there at 54. It is ok to like this pick more than Harris, both will be major impact guys for our defense for the next 4 years +

Cordrea Tankersley - This was a crafty selection by Grier and friends. You got Maxwell coming in at 10 million next year . . So what do you do . . You draft his higher upside, more athletic, younger clone in Tankersley. Glove fit fo this defense. He may not start day 1 but give him a year with NFL coaches in a press man scheme and watching guys like Maxwell, Howard and Lippett . . . He will be a major piece for this defense.

Absolutely love this draft. Would like a FS prospect and a nickel prospect on day 3 . . . Along with defensive tackle. Obviously the right fit at guard is welcome but both guard and defensive tackle I feel like in 2017 the June free agency may open up some opportunity to get a good player for us at both positions. UDFA we can look at RB and more defensive depth.

Will say it again, this draft has been what the doctor has ordered for several years.

Charles Harris - Easily the most subjective pick and rightfully so. But you cannot put a price on ability to rush the passer and Harris is as good as anybody at that out of this draft and he still has so much to learn. I completely disagree with needing a three down guy out the gate at 22 . . . At 22 the guy needs to flash elite traits and rushing the passer in the NFL probably takes a back seat to only QB management in my eyes. High character, high intensity and a great pass rusher . . . Perfect fit for our defense. He will be in a defensive line group with Cam Wake and Ndamukong Suh . . . Just be a sponge young buck and work. Really like this pick.

Raekwon McMillan - There isn't much to say here . . .fantastic pick. Ideal fit for what we have lacked at LB for years. Did not think he would be there at 54. It is ok to like this pick more than Harris, both will be major impact guys for our defnse for the next 4 years +

Cordrea Tankersley - This was a crafty selection by Grier and friends. You got Maxwell coming in at 10 million next year . . So what do you do . . You draft his higher upside, more athletic, younger clone in Tankersley. Glove fit fo this defense. He may not start day 1 but give him a year with NFL coaches in a press man scheme and watching guys like Maxwell, Howard and Lippett . . . He will be a major piece for this defense.

Absolutely love this draft. Would like a FS prospect and a nickel prospect on day 3 . . . Along with defensive tackle. Obviously the right fit at guard is welcome but both guard and defensive tackle I feel like in 2017 the June free agency may open up some opportunity to get a good player for us at both positions. UDFA we can look at RB and more defensive depth.

Man this is identical to where I'm at. Bravo.

Raekwon McMillan - There isn't much to say here . . .fantastic pick. Ideal fit for what we have lacked at LB for years. Did not think he would be there at 54. It is ok to like this pick more than Harris, both will be major impact guys for our defense for the next 4 years +

nice write up ! I too am loving this draft and trust the process.

The lack of guards is certainly not what Tannehill's doctor ordered

Three years from now people will be gushing about the Harris pick. You can't teach his athleticism. I don't care what his 40 was or how high he jumped in testing. His film shows a thoroughbred. He's imperfect because he has only played football for six years, but he's going to improve if the reports about his character and work ethic are true. Cam Wake 2.0. And I remember when Wake was supposed to be a huge liability in the run game too. One thing that is clear after watching last years draft and the first three rounds this year. We are chasing intelligent, hard working football players. This is where Gase is walking in the footsteps of Belichick. They are doing this right.

The lack of guards is certainly not what Tannehill's doctor ordered

Well Ryan is getting better protection on his blindside in 2017 and if second half 2016 Juwan James shows up . . . He may have a top 5 bookend set in the NFL.

The key is Pouncey's health obviously . . . But the funny thing is, the pass protection wasn't even that bad last year, and dare I say somewhat good once we dumped Thomas, Turner and Douglas combined with Ryan improvising as he got more comfortable with the Gase offense? And this was with injuries all year.

In an ideal scenario we have Larsen as the active game day interior depth. . .but even still Urbik is an adequate backup and Larsen has played well as a starter.

It isn't ideal but i find it funny the priority some have placed on the OLine when we saw how bad the defense was last year. That Tannehill protection narrative fit better when the old coach and the turnstile trio was still on the team.

Tankersley said he wanted to mold his game to Byron Maxwell's coming out of college -- looks the mentor/mentee relationship will work out well.

Well Ryan is getting better protection on his blindside in 2017 and if second half 2016 Juwan James shows up . . . He may have a top 5 bookend set in the NFL.

The key is Pouncey's health obviously . . . But the funny thing is, the pass protection wasn't even that bad last year

It's not pass protection I'm worried about. We need run blocking. Ajayi is wasted if we can't get him past the D-line...and if we can't run then the other team ends up with coverage sacks.

Back
Top Bottom