Fins of the Future: Part 1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins of the Future: Part 1

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Laremy-Tunsil-696x432.jpg

You must be asking yourself, “what is Fins of the Future, is this another Hollywood rehash?”. Not quite. The Fins of the Future series will allow for a peek into the future for the Miami Dolphins. “How so?” you might ask. First, we will examine the predicted first-round picks based on countless 2018 NFL Mock Drafts.
Read more at http://cover32.com/2017/08/28/fins-future-part-1/#jqwf6gs605A4TrVy.99

Picking early, I'd say corner or quarterback. Possibly pass rusher.

Picking in the middle of round 1, maybe offensive line or linebacker.

Picking near bottom of round 1, could be someone like Price from Ohio State who gives you that versatility of center/guard.

Of course, we have to see how things shake up. Here's a few things I'm looking for:

1). Does Pouncey hold up? Either way, having a solid plan B there makes sense. I'd invest pretty early on the offensive line, maybe round 2.

2). Does anyone step up opposite Howard? Does Howard lift his game and stay healthy? Like what I've seen from Tankersley in the preseason. A true stud shutdown corner would do wonders for the defense. This will likely be Maxwell's last year in Miami.

3). How does James do at RT? I get the feeling Gase wouldn't mind upgrading there, but probably not one of the biggest priorities.

4). Does Miami get quality play at DT opposite of Suh? If not, that becomes a big need. With Suh's age it might be a need anyway.

5). How do things progress at linebacker. Timmons is getting up in age and there appears to be some nice talent at the position in the draft.

6. What are the strengths of the draft? Who are players who could fall into your lap that you simply can't pass up? A QB could be an option in that scenario if Miami ends up picking higher that we hope/expect.

If Adam and Jay have a blast this season, I would love to see Cutler return with Tannehill taking his sweet time for a proper recovery. If we could find a way to keep both of these QBs on the roster in 2018, we could let Moore walk & draft a mid round QB next year, instead of spending a first rounder on another quarterback. Drafting a QB next year is a must, but I think finding a way to bring both back & draft a mid round rookie is in the team's best interest. Gase doesn't need the first QB off the board to make it work, would love to see him grab a guy in rounds 2-4 with a ton of upside and low expectations. We still need to draft defense & I would be shocked if Gase didn't give Ryan a chance to fully recover & ultimately become what many thought he would this year.

I know all reports say Jay won't play backup, but we also thought he retired. Lets let this season play out first. If RT isn't ready Week 1 and Jay gets 6 games, does he consider returning next year, team friendly after a successful season, to be with Gase?

If Gase gets his 10M worth out of Jay, can he cut Moore and talk Jay into taking half his '17 pay for half a season in '18? If anyone can make that happen, its Adam Gase.

Won't be able to keep both Cutler and Tanny imo because they are both starters and both will get paid like that. It's a lux most teams cannot afford.

If Cutler gets hurt or shits the bed he'll retire again. If he plays like he owns the place he'll want to start and Tannehill at back-up wont happen.

Back
Top Bottom