fins rate Matt Barkley slightly ahead of Luck in 2012 draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

fins rate Matt Barkley slightly ahead of Luck in 2012 draft

enduro

unknown quantity
Reaction score
If both were in the 2012 draft and both were on the board when it was time to draft , I am told as of right now the fins would select Barkley. This was right from the horses mouth over thanksgiving. Matt Moore will be retained as a backup/temp starter for next year. I was told the raiders blew away everyone on trade for palmer who was targeted by fins.

in respect to Barkley I was told to go back to the Ohio State game vs USC when Barkley came in as a freshman in emergency circumstances and watch what he did to preserve the win. They said that was the tipping point between luck and barkley.

ps jeff fisher

The horse will probably be sent to the glue factory on January 2nd, but that's nice.

sorry enduro but you've proven to me that you're sources are hot air...enough with this chirade already...

sorry enduro but you've proven to me that you're sources are hot air...enough with this chirade already...

Fair enough. I was adament about Palmer and you see what Brown finally got out of him. Fins would not ante up and they were adament on the two draft picks. Fins offered starks and a 2nd but Brown turned us down. The asking price was rediculous and they freakin got it. You will find some substance in this hot air. Barkley is rated over luck as of right now. Fins would gladly take either one. Nov 25th 2011

If both were in the 2012 draft and both were on the board when it was time to draft , I am told as of right now the fins would select Barkley. This was right from the horses mouth over thanksgiving. Matt Moore will be retained as a backup/temp starter for next year. I was told the raiders blew away everyone on trade for palmer who was targeted by fins.

in respect to Barkley I was told to go back to the Ohio State game vs USC when Barkley came in as a freshman in emergency circumstances and watch what he did to preserve the win. They said that was the tipping point between luck and barkley.

ps jeff fisher

When have you ever been right about ANYTHING?

as of right now i think i would actually lean toward barkley (ducks). he has showed up against good d's, as where luck has struggled. but matt has more speed and talent around him. its very very close.
and like others have said you say stuff, and nothing happens. you were right about pouncey just like 95% of other predictors were, so that means absolutly nothing

I think Barkley's made up some ground this year and there are a couple of coaches out there in the college ranks who have said he, not Luck, is the best qb they've faced this year. I do like Barkley's deep touch which will equal big plays at the next level. I don't see that as much out of Luck, probably because his best receivers are tight ends. One area, where I feel Luck is far superior is his ability to create plays with his legs which will be huge in the NFL where defenses attack the qb position. I still prefer Luck, but I wouldn't be surprised if some teams did have Barkley higher.

i want to like barkley. he is good. just not fully sure how he'll transition.

size still matters in the NFL, if nothing else it'll buy you some time in the pocket. barkley shows decent mobility and awareness.

miami has no choice but to take him if he's there. i wouldn't sell the farm for him... yet

my no source prediction for miami: peyton manning

Back
Top Bottom