fins rate Matt Barkley slightly ahead of Luck in 2012 draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by enduro, Nov 25, 2011.

Tags:
  1. enduro

enduro unknown quantity

If both were in the 2012 draft and both were on the board when it was time to draft , I am told as of right now the fins would select Barkley. This was right from the horses mouth over thanksgiving. Matt Moore will be retained as a backup/temp starter for next year. I was told the raiders blew away everyone on trade for palmer who was targeted by fins.

in respect to Barkley I was told to go back to the Ohio State game vs USC when Barkley came in as a freshman in emergency circumstances and watch what he did to preserve the win. They said that was the tipping point between luck and barkley.

ps jeff fisher

2. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

The horse will probably be sent to the glue factory on January 2nd, but that's nice.

3. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

Assuming Ireland is even around next draft.

4. hoops

hoops exited stage left

sorry enduro but you've proven to me that you're sources are hot air...enough with this chirade already...

5. Locke

Locke They looked like strong hands.

+1

6. enduro

enduro unknown quantity

that is a concern. lol...

7. enduro

enduro unknown quantity

Fair enough. I was adament about Palmer and you see what Brown finally got out of him. Fins would not ante up and they were adament on the two draft picks. Fins offered starks and a 2nd but Brown turned us down. The asking price was rediculous and they freakin got it. You will find some substance in this hot air. Barkley is rated over luck as of right now. Fins would gladly take either one. Nov 25th 2011

8. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

When have you ever been right about ANYTHING?

9. JCane

JCane Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

Insiders gon' inside.

10. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

This again...

11. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

as of right now i think i would actually lean toward barkley (ducks). he has showed up against good d's, as where luck has struggled. but matt has more speed and talent around him. its very very close.
    and like others have said you say stuff, and nothing happens. you were right about pouncey just like 95% of other predictors were, so that means absolutly nothing

12. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

I think Barkley's made up some ground this year and there are a couple of coaches out there in the college ranks who have said he, not Luck, is the best qb they've faced this year. I do like Barkley's deep touch which will equal big plays at the next level. I don't see that as much out of Luck, probably because his best receivers are tight ends. One area, where I feel Luck is far superior is his ability to create plays with his legs which will be huge in the NFL where defenses attack the qb position. I still prefer Luck, but I wouldn't be surprised if some teams did have Barkley higher.

13. MiamiDolfan85

MiamiDolfan85 DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

I wasnt even aware enduro even had a reputation....

14. Locke

Locke They looked like strong hands.

He has claimed to know Jeff Ireland personally in the past...

15. Dogbone34

Dogbone34 cowboy surfer

i want to like barkley. he is good. just not fully sure how he'll transition.

size still matters in the NFL, if nothing else it'll buy you some time in the pocket. barkley shows decent mobility and awareness.

miami has no choice but to take him if he's there. i wouldn't sell the farm for him... yet

my no source prediction for miami: peyton manning

16. retarmyfinfan

retarmyfinfan Brave Rifles Donator

Says who?

17. houtz

houtz Pay the man!

Oh well. Give me Barkley and Jeff Fisher all day over the **** we have right now.

18. WitheringPlant

WitheringPlant Seasoned Veteran

Only an incompetent front office would draft Barkley purely on his "signature" freshman drive (which was really the Joe McKnight show). Then again...

19. dolfan_101

dolfan_101 A True Fan

I can confirm this as well, Enduro and I ate peyote after thanksgiving dinner and a talking horse told us so.

20. PJack

PJack A True Fan

Was thinking the exact same thing. Really??? Basing your franchise QB choice on a drive from 3 years ago as a backup instead of citing recent performance against top competition...come to think of it....maybe enduro does know Ireland.

21. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin PowerHungryMo'fo

Barkley won't get past the DeadSkins.

22. daniel3

daniel3 Starter

Not sure why you guys are attacking him like it can't be true. I really think there are groups in NFL that probably rate Barkley ahead of Luck. There's just something about him that just annoys me, unlike other USC QBs. Two other people make me roll my eyes in similar way, Brady Quinn and Tom Brady. Only issue is I think he might be closer to Brady than to Quinn.

23. WelcomeBack

WelcomeBack A True Fan

I agree he should be recognized for his more recent work, but Matt Barkley was never a backup. He's been a starter every game he's played in since being a true freshman (I believe he had an injury for 1 game).

24. utahphinsfan

utahphinsfan Puck Fitzburgh

What a rumor & idle speculation on the intrawebs? Go figure.

25. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

:rolleyes2: Of course the Dolphins will draft Barkley over Luck, they will do or say anything to diminish Luck's stock that way perhaps some team is stupid enough to pass on Luck and lands on the Dolphins. A desperate attempt but it won't work. The only thing that would have worked was firing the staff after 0-7 and be winless still.

26. 2413fanphins

2413fanphins A True Fan

if the phins want either one of these two guys, they are gonna have to trade up. I BET that won't happen.

27. LouPhinFan

LouPhinFan It's ok to say "I don't know". Finheaven VIP Donator

I don't know, but right now Barkley is utterly destroying UCLA. He now has the PAC-10/12 single season TD record and has 6 TD passes for the game.

At this point we're going to have to trade up to have any shot at getting him. I think this Fins team has at least 2 more wins in them, unless Ross pulls the plug on Sparano and sets an unpopular assistant as the interim head coach.

28. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

Maybe the Dolphins have more wins in them. I'm not sure. If Mike Vick comes back I don't know that the Dolphins win another game.

29. miami234ever

miami234ever DenverCheesesteak

Well...Matt Barkley is having a hell of a game tonight against UCLA. 6 TD's to 0 INT's for over 400 yards. Can't complain about getting either player at this point. I just hope that Barkley comes out and that we end up in a top 5 position to be able to pick either Barkley or Luck.

30. ckparrothead

I'm pretty sure Barkley is coming out. He had exactly the kind of finish he wanted. When Lane Kiffin hugged Barkley as he came off the field to a standing ovation, he said "Congratulations, and have fun in New York." That could have had two meanings. He could have meant the Heisman ceremony but he also could have meant the Draft. I think Lane knows it's an uphill climb. He won't publicly torpedo Barkley the way Pete Carroll did with Mark Sanchez.

31. 3rdandinches

3rdandinches Seasoned Veteran

I would hope the new CS will sell their souls to trade up for one of Luck or Barkley. Most people would reconize that once you solve the QB problem the other deficiencies on this team are not that huge.

32. LouPhinFan

LouPhinFan It's ok to say "I don't know". Finheaven VIP Donator

I think at the very least we'll beat the Bills again. But you're right about Philly. Who knows what shape the Jets will be in when they come down here on New Years Day.

33. hoops

hoops exited stage left

only ones i'm seeing a shot at are at buffalo but you just know they will be all about revenge after last week and maybe this week vs the raiders...although i think they're the better team...other than that we're done winning imo

34. mmikel30

mmikel30 Starter

Luck is way over rated, He is no Peyton Manning. Luck is a Fine QB, But I don't think it's fair to Manning to draw comparisons. I personally Like Barkley better.

35. 3rdandinches

3rdandinches Seasoned Veteran

People are only comparing his potential, most realize there's always a chance it doesn't pan out. Either Luck or Barkley would make 99% of the fan base pretty pleased!

36. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Landing either would be a dream come true.

37. PhinsTD

PhinsTD Phins fanatic

At some point, you have to value the QB position highly enough to take a stand on a guy if you feel he has a chance to be a franchise guy. Luckily, this year there are two of those guys in Luck and Barkley, and Miami is in a high enough position to move up and grab one.

We'll see who's calling the shots, but I imagine they'll see the hole at QB the way most fans currently do.

38. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

Enduro....maybe if you identified who this source was instead of saying "the horse's mouth" told you this, it might be a little more credible. It's almost as bad as hearing people say their cousin's boyfriend's Uncle is a janitor who cleans up at Dolphin's Sunlife stadium and he got a look at the Phin's draft board the night before the draft. C'Mon Man!!!!!!

39. finforlife

finforlife FinHeaven VIP

40. ckparrothead

In the past enduro has identified exactly who the horse is, so to speak. I guess I won't say who exactly since enduro now seems to not want say it directly anymore. Suffice it to say, the horse is a ginger.