fins rate Matt Barkley slightly ahead of Luck in 2012 draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

fins rate Matt Barkley slightly ahead of Luck in 2012 draft

If both were in the 2012 draft and both were on the board when it was time to draft , I am told as of right now the fins would select Barkley. This was right from the horses mouth over thanksgiving. Matt Moore will be retained as a backup/temp starter for next year. I was told the raiders blew away everyone on trade for palmer who was targeted by fins.

in respect to Barkley I was told to go back to the Ohio State game vs USC when Barkley came in as a freshman in emergency circumstances and watch what he did to preserve the win. They said that was the tipping point between luck and barkley.

ps jeff fisher

Says who?

Oh well. Give me Barkley and Jeff Fisher all day over the **** we have right now.

Only an incompetent front office would draft Barkley purely on his "signature" freshman drive (which was really the Joe McKnight show). Then again...

I can confirm this as well, Enduro and I ate peyote after thanksgiving dinner and a talking horse told us so.

Only an incompetent front office would draft Barkley purely on his "signature" freshman drive (which was really the Joe McKnight show). Then again...

Was thinking the exact same thing. Really??? Basing your franchise QB choice on a drive from 3 years ago as a backup instead of citing recent performance against top competition...come to think of it....maybe enduro does know Ireland.

Not sure why you guys are attacking him like it can't be true. I really think there are groups in NFL that probably rate Barkley ahead of Luck. There's just something about him that just annoys me, unlike other USC QBs. Two other people make me roll my eyes in similar way, Brady Quinn and Tom Brady. Only issue is I think he might be closer to Brady than to Quinn.

Was thinking the exact same thing. Really??? Basing your franchise QB choice on a drive from 3 years ago as a backup instead of citing recent performance against top competition...come to think of it....maybe enduro does know Ireland.

I agree he should be recognized for his more recent work, but Matt Barkley was never a backup. He's been a starter every game he's played in since being a true freshman (I believe he had an injury for 1 game).

:rolleyes2: Of course the Dolphins will draft Barkley over Luck, they will do or say anything to diminish Luck's stock that way perhaps some team is stupid enough to pass on Luck and lands on the Dolphins. A desperate attempt but it won't work. The only thing that would have worked was firing the staff after 0-7 and be winless still.

if the phins want either one of these two guys, they are gonna have to trade up. I BET that won't happen.

I don't know, but right now Barkley is utterly destroying UCLA. He now has the PAC-10/12 single season TD record and has 6 TD passes for the game.

At this point we're going to have to trade up to have any shot at getting him. I think this Fins team has at least 2 more wins in them, unless Ross pulls the plug on Sparano and sets an unpopular assistant as the interim head coach.

Maybe the Dolphins have more wins in them. I'm not sure. If Mike Vick comes back I don't know that the Dolphins win another game.

Well...Matt Barkley is having a hell of a game tonight against UCLA. 6 TD's to 0 INT's for over 400 yards. Can't complain about getting either player at this point. I just hope that Barkley comes out and that we end up in a top 5 position to be able to pick either Barkley or Luck.

I'm pretty sure Barkley is coming out. He had exactly the kind of finish he wanted. When Lane Kiffin hugged Barkley as he came off the field to a standing ovation, he said "Congratulations, and have fun in New York." That could have had two meanings. He could have meant the Heisman ceremony but he also could have meant the Draft. I think Lane knows it's an uphill climb. He won't publicly torpedo Barkley the way Pete Carroll did with Mark Sanchez.

Back
Top Bottom