Fins take Raekwon MacMillan with 54th Pick | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins take Raekwon MacMillan with 54th Pick

SOURCES TELL US "I see him as a backup early on who will become a starter at SAM (strong-side) for a 4-3 team. He's been pretty productive but I don't see anything special." -- South area scout for NFC team

He fils a major need for us and is a prototypical fit to contribute immediately. I like our picks a lot and both fit very well with our current personnel. We only had 3 DE's in a 4-man rotation on the edge, so check that off. At LB, we had our MLB in Timmons and our WILL in Alonso. With Macmillan, he is a clear SAM backer and will be slotted there immediately.

Now, our next need is finding an upgrade in the slot (Corn Elder?), an upgrade at guard (Many Options, possible double down?), an upgrade at FS (Eddie Jackson?) and a rotational player at DT (Any Ideas?).

They had Zach Cunningham available, but take mcmillan? huh? I thought a bigger need for lb was one who can go side to side, is athletic and can cover a little. Miami get torched in the middle of the field because of lbs who can't cover.

Don't dislike the player, I just disagree that he is the better backer when compared to Cunnigham. I see way more upside and talent with Z.C.

But honestly, I'm happy they FINALLY grabbed a LB early in the draft.

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 34m34 minutes ago
Grier says Raekwon was No. 1 player on team's board when they picked.

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 31m31 minutes ago
Chris Grier says Urban Meyer told him Raekwon McMillan is one his favorite players -- ever.

He fils a major need for us and is a prototypical fit to contribute immediately. I like our picks a lot and both fit very well with our current personnel. We only had 3 DE's in a 4-man rotation on the edge, so check that off. At LB, we had our MLB in Timmons and our WILL in Alonso. With Macmillan, he is a clear SAM backer and will be slotted there immediately.

Now, our next need is finding an upgrade in the slot (Corn Elder?), an upgrade at guard (Many Options, possible double down?), an upgrade at FS (Eddie Jackson?) and a rotational player at DT (Any Ideas?).

I would love Eddie Jackson, kid is a playmaker. Him and Reshad could do damage

I love the guy. I'm an Ohio State die hard and I've wanted this kid the whole time.

I'm not sure I've ever seen two completely different opinions on the same topic like I have in this thread. I'm enjoying the banter that's for sure.

For people saying Raekwon can't play defense against New England, who in the NFL can?

Atlanta and Seattle have some of the fastest linebackers in the league and yet they lose to New England.

We needed a guy to put his head down and bang, this guy does that. No one can cover Gronk or any TE or WR from the Patriots, Bellicheat wI'll simply out scheme you.

The only way you beat the Patriots is to score more, Zach Cunningham won't help us beat the Pats, stop the madness.

ho lee shvt a pick the fins made that i actually like. this is a solid pick, wayy better than harris in the first and im just shocked we made a solid pick and didnt reach for someone like tank

I'm glad we passed on Cunningham. It is telling that both picks they literally ran up there with the ****ing card. Maybe they know something we don't?

I'm not sure I've ever seen two completely different opinions on the same topic like I have in this thread. I'm enjoying the banter that's for sure.
I dont follow college ball much, but one person in this thread called it a Home.Run. Outstanding. And he happens to be the person that's got his own section on this site in the draft forum... Everyone is wrong sometimes but I'll play the odds and side with him... But thats just me...

Back
Top Bottom