Fins trade for Center Daniel Kilgore | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins trade for Center Daniel Kilgore

Tunsil, Sitton, Kilgore, davis/larsen, james I like it

I can't keep up....I don't know this guy, is he any good?

Not sure about this one. If he was any good why did SF ship him out. Didn't they trust him to protect Jimmy G? Bleacher blasted him but SF did just resign him to 3 years. Something weird here.

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 4m4 minutes ago
Daniel Kilgore, 30, signed a contract extension in SF in February after he started every game at center for team last season. Now under contract to Dolphins next three seasons.

Draft Talk‏ @Draft_Talk_NFL 3m3 minutes ago
#Dolphins swapping 7th RD picks with the #49ers for C Daniel Kilgore. He’s due $5.3M this year w $4.8M in guarantees. He’s on a 3 year/$11.7M deal.

Adam Beasley‏Verified account @AdamHBeasley 3m3 minutes ago
The Niners traded Kilgore just one month after signing him to a three-year extension. And they basically gave him away. What am I missing here?
Apparently they signed a center from the Giants for big money.

From pro football talk:The 49ers just signed the 30-year-old Kilgore to a three-year, $12 million contract extension in February, but then signed Giants center Weston Richburg to a massive five-year, $47.5 million deal in free agency.

Eh, at 5mil this year, that's expensive depth. Sounds more like a stopgap for a younger developmental center

What are we missing here?

Why on earth would SF part with this guy for peanuts?

He has been there for 8 years. Was a backup on the good lines/teams and a starter on the poor lines/teams.

This is no savior, but to get a veteran on short notice for little or nothing seems decent.

I was not a fan of just rolling with Larsen/Brendal. Keeps our depth solid now.

Back
Top Bottom