Fins trade for Robert Quinn - 4th round pick and swap of 6ths | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins trade for Robert Quinn - 4th round pick and swap of 6ths

Unless the plan is to release Wake, is it safe to assume this trade means drafting a de at 11 is unlikely? As of now we're looking at Wake, Quinn, Harris, Branch, Hayes, Malveaux and Fede.

Add lb Tahir Whitehead from the LIonssafety Lamarcus Joyner from the Rams and a veteran reserve corner and the defense is complete and the team can focus the draft on offense in the draft.

We wont take DE in round 1 now (though Wake remains old and this could be a one year rental) but I would cut Brach and sign Shelby (released today) in a heartbeat

@flasportsbuzz: So Ajayi dealt for 4th.Quinn acquired for 4th (plus exchange of 6ths).Even those angry about Ajayi deal can feel better framing it that way?

I have never regretted that trade

So they get our 4th and not the Eagles 4th? Lame

No. I don’t think Landry to the Rams is at all happening.

And regarding the tag that some have mentioned - I also don’t think that the Dolphins must quickly rescind the franchise tag. They can create space, lets see how things can play out ...

Correct. Watkins is the WR they want to re-sign and or tag, they are hoping they can re-sign him without using tag

Unless the plan is to release Wake, is it safe to assume this trade means drafting a de at 11 is unlikely? As of now we're looking at Wake, Quinn, Harris, Branch, Hayes, Malveaux and Fede.

Add lb Tahir Whitehead from the LIonssafety Lamarcus Joyner from the Rams and a veteran reserve corner and the defense is complete and the team can focus the draft on offense in the draft.
The rams traded Quinn to keep Joyner. So you can end that dream

This is a dream... provided Quinn can stay healthy. He missed a lot of time in 15, and 16, and didn't look 100% last season either. If he can return to that 2013/2014 for though... Wow!

We must be careful to temper expectations. Its still a good gamble for a 4th, but he played 8 games in 2015 and 9 games in 2016

Why do people think Cam will be cut? Quinn is an RDE and so is Harris. If anything, there's a logjam at RDE w/ Quinn, Harris, and Branch. My concern is...who plays LDE besides Wake and Malveaux? I'm not sure if the pass rushing skills will translate from RDE to LDE from any of those guys.

You have a first rounder from 2017 and if u keep Wake, that is 3 veteran DEs on the roster combining for $30 million in cap.

I would like to keep him . . . Cap wise it does not seem possible. Nevermind that Suh is also on the DLine.

WHOA THERE BUDDY

You can't drop a nugget like that and leave us!!!
Why not?

Nah I have heard Fins have been contacted about the availability of Pouncy this offseason. Bills called in January when they got the Eric Wood News.

Not sure it has gone to far but have heads of 3 teams reaching out and checking

Well, the Bears have two 4th round picks and a 6th, it might be what they are offering for Landry. They don't have a third. It could be why the Dolphins felt they had a 4th to spare, and were getting a higher 6th anyway.

Why not?

Nah I have heard Fins have been contacted about the availability of Pouncy this offseason. Bills called in January when they got the Eric Wood News.

Not sure it has gone to far but have heads of 3 teams reaching out and checking

Well.... I guess you could.. but man that would be nice to get him out of here and acquire anything for him

Back
Top Bottom