Fins vs Bucs vs Jags. A detailed (and I mean DETAILED) comparison. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins vs Bucs vs Jags. A detailed (and I mean DETAILED) comparison.

I agree with most of this...and since you have your bucs 3rd by one point shows that you're not a complete homer!...plus the cheerleaders pics are great!!!

NawlinsBucFan said:
I saw there was some debate about which Florida team was the best, so I decided to break each team down position by position and score them based on what each player has accomplished thus far in their careers and a realistic projection of the future. Scores will be based on production, upside and depth. Teams will receive a 1 for being the best at that position of the three, 2 for being second, 3 for being third. The team with the lowest final score can lay claim to being the best of Florida’s NFL teams (on paper, anyway).

QB:
1- Fins
2- Jags
3- Bucs
Daunte runs away with this one. Leftwich is one of my favorite guys to watch because of his toughness. Simms has all the tools to be a pro-bowl QB, but the competition here is tough.

RB:
1- Jags
2- Bucs
3- Fins
I know all the Fin fans who think Ronnie Brown is the second coming of either Jim Brown or Jesus are going to stop reading right here to tell me how I’ve lost all credibility, and hurl every insult they can think of my way. But as I said, I’m not just giving points for potential. The Bucs and Jags FAR surpass the Fins in depth at RB. There is no one who can be a legit starter behind Ronnie.

FB:
1- Bucs
2- Jags
3- Fins
The Bucs combo of Alstott/Sowell is easily the best FB tandem of the three. The Fins FBs are not as productive as the Jags’ Greg Jones alone, despite the addition of Fred Beasley AND despite listing RB Sammy Morris as a FB.

WR:
1- Fins
2- Bucs
3- Jags
The Dolphins WR Chris Chambers is the deal sealer here. In the 2-4 slots, the Fins and Bucs are very close in terms of talent, but Chambers is solidly ahead of Galloway. The Jags no longer have anyone close to Chambers and Galloway in terms of experience and production but Matt Jones could be there soon.

TE:
1- Fins
2- Bucs
3- Jags
Again, the Fins take this one fairly easily. McMichaels was either underachieving or underutilized last year, but is still the best of the bunch. The Jags top 2 TEs were out gained by Bucs rookie Alex Smith by 90 yards. Smith is also the second best blocker behind the Jags’ Kyle Brady.

OL:
1- Fins
2- Bucs
3- Jags
This is tough to measure. The Jags finished with the fewest team rushing yards (subtracting QB scrambles) and allowed the second most sacks, but nearly got every QB that played for them KILLED. By contrast, the Fins allowed the fewest sacks and hold a slight edge in rushing, as a team, on the Bucs, who allowed the most sacks by far but did the most to improve their squad.

DE:
1- Fins
2- Bucs
3- Jags
This was painful to type. Simeon Rice is a shade better than Jason Taylor (blasphemy, I know), but the Fins depth at the position with Carter, Bowens and Roth tops even the work horse Spires and star in the making, Dewayne White. The Jags are a distant third.

DT:
1- Jags
2- Fins
3- Bucs
If anyone thinks Traylor and Holliday are on par with Stroud and Henderson, you should get your head examined. Hovan is solid, but Anthony McFarlane is possibly the worst starting DT in the league.

LB:
1- Bucs
2- Jags
3- Fins
Finally, the Bucs cruise on one. The Bucs have the #1, #3 LBs on the board in Brooks, Quarles. Z Thomas gets the nod over Peterson, but Channing Crowder is a slight downgrade from Daryl Smith.

CB:
1- Bucs
2- Jags
3- Fins
Barber and Kelly remain one of the leagues best CB tandems combining for 9 picks and 28 passes defensed in 2005. After years of dominance with Madison and Surtain, CB isn’t exactly a strength for the Fins at the moment, but there is a ton of potential in Allen.

FS:
1- Fins
2- Jags
3- Bucs
See? Even when I think the Bucs have the most talented player at the position (Will Allen), I have to recognize that he is the least experienced of the three. Schulters and Grant are close in talent if not in pure stats, but back-up Bell gives the Fins the edge.

SS:
1- Bucs
2- Fins
3- Jags
I know there are some who will argue this but for my money, Phillips is the most consistent of the three in coverage and run support.

K/P
1- Bucs
2- Fins
3- Jags
What? Orlindo Mare ranked below Matt Bryant? Must be some homer stuff at work here right? Well not exactly. Mare this season missed 5 FGs out of his 30 attempts, good for 83 %. Braynt missed only 4 FGs and squeaks out at 84%. Also, Bucs punter Josh Bidwell is slightly better than youngster Donnie Jones.

Coaching Staff:
1- Bucs
2- Fins
3- Jags
Sorry folks but this one begins and ends with SB 37. Capers and Mularky may be former HCs (the key word there is FORMER) but Gruden and Kiffin have rings. Gruden has coached up a #1 Offense in Oakland and has the weapons to break the top 10 this year while Kiffin has two #1 defenses as well as 10 years in the top 10. And did I mention the rings?

Final score:
Bucs- 25
Fins- 26
Jags- 33

I honestly think that a Dolphins-Buccaneers Super Bowl is VERY possible in the next two years. I know you all want to think that the Bucs suck and the Fins are the best team in the league. I know some of you think the Fins should have a 14 and the Bucs a 42, but I think they really are as close as I’ve scored them, and I will not be the least bit surprised if (when) they both make deep playoff runs.

Ok, for those who haven’t already stopped reading to rip me apart, feel free to do so now. :tongue:

I can't believe my eyes. This is pretty good, fair analysis, and non homer. nice breakdown

I'll take this thread one step further. (Not thread-hijacking, Nawlins, just adding to it. :up: )

THE 2006 ALL-FLORIDA TEAM

QB: Daunte Culpepper
RB: Ronnie Brown
RB: Carnell Williams
TE: Randy McMichael
WR: Chris Chambers
WR: Joey Galloway
WR: Matt Jones

LT: Khalif Barnes
LG: Jeno James
C: Rex Hadnot
RG: Davin Joseph
RT: Vernon Carey

DE: Jason Taylor
DT: Marcus Stroud
DT: John Henderson
DE: Simeon Rice

OLB: Derrick Brooks
MLB: Zach Thomas
OLB: Channing Crowder

CB: Ronde Barber
CB: Brian Kelly
NB: Rashean Mathis

SS: Donovan Darius
FS: Toss up between Deon Grant and Jason Allen

K: Olindo Mare
P: Josh Bidwell

Nice breakdown. I think you kind of exaggerated on the very detailed part, I guess I'm just used to reading CK's posts.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I'll take this thread one step further. (Not thread-hijacking, Nawlins, just adding to it. :up: )

THE 2006 ALL-FLORIDA TEAM

QB: Daunte Culpepper
RB: Ronnie Brown
RB: Carnell Williams
TE: Randy McMichael
WR: Chris Chambers
WR: Joey Galloway
WR: Matt Jones

LT: Khalif Barnes
LG: Jeno James
C: Rex Hadnot
RG: Davin Joseph
RT: Vernon Carey

DE: Jason Taylor
DT: Marcus Stroud
DT: John Henderson
DE: Simeon Rice

OLB: Derrick Brooks
MLB: Zach Thomas
OLB: Channing Crowder

CB: Ronde Barber
CB: Brian Kelly
NB: Rashean Mathis

SS: Donovan Darius
FS: Toss up between Deon Grant and Jason Allen

K: Olindo Mare
P: Josh Bidwell

That would be one hell of a team

NawlinsBucFan said:
I saw there was some debate about which Florida team was the best, so I decided to break each team down position by position and score them based on what each player has accomplished thus far in their careers and a realistic projection of the future. Scores will be based on production, upside and depth. Teams will receive a 1 for being the best at that position of the three, 2 for being second, 3 for being third. The team with the lowest final score can lay claim to being the best of Florida’s NFL teams (on paper, anyway).

QB:
1- Fins
2- Jags
3- Bucs
Daunte runs away with this one. Leftwich is one of my favorite guys to watch because of his toughness. Simms has all the tools to be a pro-bowl QB, but the competition here is tough.

RB:
1- Jags
2- Bucs
3- Fins
I know all the Fin fans who think Ronnie Brown is the second coming of either Jim Brown or Jesus are going to stop reading right here to tell me how I’ve lost all credibility, and hurl every insult they can think of my way. But as I said, I’m not just giving points for potential. The Bucs and Jags FAR surpass the Fins in depth at RB. There is no one who can be a legit starter behind Ronnie.

FB:
1- Bucs
2- Jags
3- Fins
The Bucs combo of Alstott/Sowell is easily the best FB tandem of the three. The Fins FBs are not as productive as the Jags’ Greg Jones alone, despite the addition of Fred Beasley AND despite listing RB Sammy Morris as a FB.

WR:
1- Fins
2- Bucs
3- Jags
The Dolphins WR Chris Chambers is the deal sealer here. In the 2-4 slots, the Fins and Bucs are very close in terms of talent, but Chambers is solidly ahead of Galloway. The Jags no longer have anyone close to Chambers and Galloway in terms of experience and production but Matt Jones could be there soon.

TE:
1- Fins
2- Bucs
3- Jags
Again, the Fins take this one fairly easily. McMichaels was either underachieving or underutilized last year, but is still the best of the bunch. The Jags top 2 TEs were out gained by Bucs rookie Alex Smith by 90 yards. Smith is also the second best blocker behind the Jags’ Kyle Brady.

OL:
1- Fins
2- Bucs
3- Jags
This is tough to measure. The Jags finished with the fewest team rushing yards (subtracting QB scrambles) and allowed the second most sacks, but nearly got every QB that played for them KILLED. By contrast, the Fins allowed the fewest sacks and hold a slight edge in rushing, as a team, on the Bucs, who allowed the most sacks by far but did the most to improve their squad.

DE:
1- Fins
2- Bucs
3- Jags
This was painful to type. Simeon Rice is a shade better than Jason Taylor (blasphemy, I know), but the Fins depth at the position with Carter, Bowens and Roth tops even the work horse Spires and star in the making, Dewayne White. The Jags are a distant third.

DT:
1- Jags
2- Fins
3- Bucs
If anyone thinks Traylor and Holliday are on par with Stroud and Henderson, you should get your head examined. Hovan is solid, but Anthony McFarlane is possibly the worst starting DT in the league.

LB:
1- Bucs
2- Jags
3- Fins
Finally, the Bucs cruise on one. The Bucs have the #1, #3 LBs on the board in Brooks, Quarles. Z Thomas gets the nod over Peterson, but Channing Crowder is a slight downgrade from Daryl Smith.

CB:
1- Bucs
2- Jags
3- Fins
Barber and Kelly remain one of the leagues best CB tandems combining for 9 picks and 28 passes defensed in 2005. After years of dominance with Madison and Surtain, CB isn’t exactly a strength for the Fins at the moment, but there is a ton of potential in Allen.

FS:
1- Fins
2- Jags
3- Bucs
See? Even when I think the Bucs have the most talented player at the position (Will Allen), I have to recognize that he is the least experienced of the three. Schulters and Grant are close in talent if not in pure stats, but back-up Bell gives the Fins the edge.

SS:
1- Bucs
2- Fins
3- Jags
I know there are some who will argue this but for my money, Phillips is the most consistent of the three in coverage and run support.

K/P
1- Bucs
2- Fins
3- Jags
What? Orlindo Mare ranked below Matt Bryant? Must be some homer stuff at work here right? Well not exactly. Mare this season missed 5 FGs out of his 30 attempts, good for 83 %. Braynt missed only 4 FGs and squeaks out at 84%. Also, Bucs punter Josh Bidwell is slightly better than youngster Donnie Jones.

Coaching Staff:
1- Bucs
2- Fins
3- Jags
Sorry folks but this one begins and ends with SB 37. Capers and Mularky may be former HCs (the key word there is FORMER) but Gruden and Kiffin have rings. Gruden has coached up a #1 Offense in Oakland and has the weapons to break the top 10 this year while Kiffin has two #1 defenses as well as 10 years in the top 10. And did I mention the rings?

Final score:
Bucs- 25
Fins- 26
Jags- 33

I honestly think that a Dolphins-Buccaneers Super Bowl is VERY possible in the next two years. I know you all want to think that the Bucs suck and the Fins are the best team in the league. I know some of you think the Fins should have a 14 and the Bucs a 42, but I think they really are as close as I’ve scored them, and I will not be the least bit surprised if (when) they both make deep playoff runs.

Ok, for those who haven’t already stopped reading to rip me apart, feel free to do so now. :tongue:

So Cadalac is a proven starter and Ronnie isnt?

DolphinDevil28 said:
One other thing, Nawlins.

We don't have Lance Schulters anymore. But our ranking wouldn't change anyway because of Jason Allen. He'll be just as good if not better in his rookie year.

I wasn't sure if Allen's switch to Saftey was definate or not. Either way, he certainly has the talent to make a case for himself this season.

NawlinsBucFan said:
I wasn't sure if Allen's switch to Saftey was definate or not. Either way, he certainly has the talent to make a case for himself this season.

Good write-up bro..

The only thing I'll take issue with is RBs for reasons to be exact with what DD28 said. But to be fair, just like Miami's CS, Ronnies experience obviously hurts him but the same can be said for Caddy

Straztheman said:
Well I think both has something to prove. Caddy missed more games due to injury than Ronnie but Caddy had more yards. Neither one has carried a whole load since HS until Caddy attempted it last year until he got broke. Both need to stay healthy and I'm saying 235 pound Ronnie has a much better chance than stick man Caddy. Thats just me though.

Straztheman said:

I don't think it was really about that, becuase that is very debateable, but he's right, because he said rb depth. This true. Jags have the rb who has done more as of now and a talented back with Fred Taylor, but they also had a good backup who did well when Taylor was injured, so great depth. T.B has Caddy, but behind him they also have Pittman. They have an overall better core and depth for rb. I like sammy morris, but Pittman is better than Morris.

Back
Top Bottom